What if your AirPods case does not charge suddenly when you are ahead of important work?
Well, things can become annoying. So, knowing how to fix that error is handy for any AirPods user.
To Begin With:
So, you bought a new set of AirPods and have used them for a while. You have come back from work and plugged in your AirPods. Your AirPods case, on the other hand, is not charging.
You try again plugging the charger, checking the switches, and doing everything you can. But what if you can’t figure out what went wrong?
Perhaps, as the final solution, you can go to Google and search for your problem. As a result, you will only discover that many other people are having the same issue.
Cases of individuals suffering from a problem that is not supposed to occur are reported widely. Apple’s AirPods have a problem with the cover that may deplete the device’s battery.
If the AirPods are not charging anymore, you don’t have to panic. We’ve got several solutions that will get the AirPods into running mode. You can try all those before taking them to an Apple shop for repair.
You should first recognize the issue and the source of the problem before moving on to remedies. I mean that you should double-check that it’s the AirPods that aren’t charging.
Some individuals have experienced issues with their AirPods, particularly damaging them. And they often are perplexed as to why their case isn’t functioning.
Here’s a quick method to see whether your AirPods case is charging or not:
- Open the AirPods case’s lid.
- Hold it closer to the respective iPhone.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds to display the battery status.
- After that, you can connect the case and charger to see if the charging is going on.
If the AirPods tend to charge, but that is not the case, the issue is obviously with the faulty case. However, if it happens the other way, you can check whether the AirPods are in the correct form.
What Makes Your AirPods Not Charging?
There are a variety of reasons for AirPods to stop charging. However, some reasons are more common than others. That said, the most common one we found is a fault in the case itself.
The majority of people had the same difficulty. Nevertheless, if that wasn’t the case, you may be concerned about the following.
PS: if you are experiencing the issues like my iPhone won’t turn on, here are the top solutions for you.
● The Charger is Malfunctioning
People who use third-party chargers are more likely to have this problem. Because Apple no longer includes a charger with its iPhones, most consumers opt for a low-cost third-party charger.
However, if you’re unsure and choose a subpar charger, you risk shorting your gadgets. So, if your AirPods are not charging, try switching to a different charger.
Besides, if you wonder ‘why are my AirPods so quiet‘ and how to fix it quickly, here are a few reasons and ways to get your AirPods louder for you.
● The Connector Has Dirt
The second problem may be that you have any form of dirt on the connector. Dirt is a major culprit behind a malfunctioning charger.
Also, are you seeing that your Airpods are connected, but the sound coming from your phone? If yes, read to find out the possible reasons and fixes for the same.
● The Cable is Not Compatible
Similar to how individuals purchase inexpensive third-party replacements for chargers, the same is true for cables. If truth to be told, Apple isn’t renowned for making the most robust cables.
So, many individuals tend to use third-party replacements. Often, those cables become incompatible. As a result, you will encounter the “my AirPods case is not charging” error.
● AirPods Case Not Charging Because It is Damaged
Finally, you may have damaged your case, which is why it’s not charging. This can be the worst-case situation. That is because you should be prepared to replace your device if this is the case.
Also, let’s figure out why won’t my AirPods connect to my Mac or my phone and some practical troubleshooting tips for you to fix the connectivity issue.
Best Solutions to Try if You Notice “My AirPods Case is Not Charging” Error
As of now, you are well aware of why your AirPods case is not charging. So, if you have encountered this error and are looking for practical solutions, read the remaining. We explain these solutions in a very simple manner.
01. Get the Faulty AirPods Case Reset
This is the most effective solution, as it has resolved numerous issues for people all over the world. It works by restoring factory settings to your AirPods case. Then, it will eliminate any problems and errors associated with charging difficulties.
You may reset the AirPods case by doing the following:
- For 15 seconds, hold down the circular button on the rear of your case.
- Wait until the color of the status light has become orange and then turns white. After that, you can release the button.
- The battery case will be reset by now, and the charging problem should be resolved. This method indeed works for a large number of individuals without any issues. However, if that doesn’t work, you can proceed with the following methods.
02. Clean the Dirt or Dust on Its Charging Port
You may apply the following repair since it is easy and uncomplicated. Small dust and dirt particles may have gotten inside the lightning port connection.
That will obstruct the charging process. This is a simple repair, but you must use extreme caution to avoid breaking the connection.
To clean the connection, follow the procedures below.
- Get an unused toothbrush, a clean piece of a microfibre cloth, or even a cotton swab.
- After that, gently wipe the port, being cautious not to harm the connection.
- Now, check if the AirPods case is not charging.
03. Buy a New Cable with a Charger
If the first two procedures didn’t work, try a new charger and a charging cord. Be sure that you use products that are compatible with your device. Most third-party accessories aren’t certified, so they don’t work with Apple devices.
Therefore, you’ll want to stick with the original Apple charger for the best results. You can visit their official website to order the charger and cord from Apple.
And that would be another solution for those who wonder why “my AirPods case is not charging.”
04. Update the Firmware of Your AirPods
The next step is to update the firmware on your AirPods. Apple has been providing new updates and patches for its AirPods range regularly. So, upgrading yours should hopefully solve this AirPods issue.
Here’s how to upgrade the firmware if your AirPods are not charging.
- If you haven’t already, put your AirPods in its case. After that, you should attach it to a wall outlet or a wireless charging station.
- Now, bring the iPhone and the case closer to one other. After that, ensure your iOS device is connected to the internet.
- Apple will automatically check for new firmware upgrades and install them.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ and then to the ‘General‘ section to see whether the firmware is up to date.
- Now, touch ‘About‘ and ‘AirPods‘ to verify your device’s firmware and model number.
Once the update is completed, you can check if the AirPods case is not charging. If you do, you can go ahead and follow the next step.
05. Get a New AirPods Case
If all the other methods fail, you’ll have no choice but to take it to the closest Apple Store. This will take much longer than the other repairs, and you may also have to pay a charge.
On the other hand, this ensures that you will get a fixed AirPods case.
By the way, this article explains how to find your AirPod case only apart from finding your AirPods; as we all know, AirPods & its case can get misplaced easier.
How to Prevent Your AirPods Case Not Charging?
Now that we’ve covered all of the improvements. Let’s learn how to prevent AirPods Case from not charging.
- First and foremost, treat your AirPods carefully and never leave them around liquids or other food. It would be beneficial if you stored it someplace dry and secure at all times.
- After that, only charge your AirPods and case to 90-100 percent. Keeping it charging overnight is not a good idea since it can harm its battery. Therefore, so you should avoid overcharging it.
- Make sure that you use a suggested lightning cable along with a charger. That will ensure you get the finest product without settling for a cheap alternative.
- Finally, maintain your AirPods dust-free and clean them once a week, depending on how often you use them.
If you wonder “why is one AirPod louder than the other” and how to fix it easily, here are the top solutions.
AirPods Not Charging – FAQs
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the AirPods case not charging issue.
What makes only my AirPods Case not charging but not the AirPods?
This is a common worry. However, there’s nothing to be concerned about since it is mainly a firmware fault. You may resolve this issue by upgrading the software or performing a reset on the AirPods case.
All of the stages and procedures are outlined in the above article. So you will be able to repair your AirPods case successfully.
What makes an AirPods Case die faster than expected?
This is a problem with AirPods, and the battery is continually decreasing by 20-50 percent. However, it may be a problem with the charger or its lightning cord.
You may either solve the discharge problem or buy a proper charger and cord. Please follow the simple guide above in our article.
Does an AirPods Case generally take a long time to get charged?
Charging your AirPods case doesn’t take much time; more importantly, you should never overload it. It takes about 1 hour to charge it completely.
Disconnect the charging cord and set the AirPods aside after you’ve finished.
What prevents my AirPods from charging?
For a variety of reasons, your AirPods may not be charging. Perhaps, that can be due to faulty AirPods or the case.
In any event, you should attempt to search for solutions first. If none of them work, you should ask for a replacement.
And, are you experiencing the Apple Watch charging screen snake error and are annoyed with it? Don’t worry; here are easy and quick solutions for you to try.
So, that’s exactly what you can do if AirPods are not charging or the AirPods case is not charging. The key is not to panic at all.
Just try the solutions mentioned in this article. Also, read the safety tips above and prevent your valuable devices from malfunctioning.