Why is one AirPod louder than the other?
Will I be able to fix it by myself or will I have to buy a new one?
In general, AirPods are meant to function smoothly all the time. However, in some cases, even the finest devices like AirPods can experience malfunctions at least once in a while.
Several issues can be associated with AirPods; sometimes, one AirPod can sound louder than the other.
So, if you wonder, “why is one AirPod louder than the other,” this is the article to read.
01. Why is One AirPod Louder Than the Other?
Assume that we don’t know much about technology. In that case, we can’t say exactly what caused the sound problem with the AirPods.
It is possible that a problem with the program or the hardware is to blame for this issue.
- One of your AirPods might be broken.
- There might be an issue with the audio balance.
- There might be a problem with the connectivity.
- There can be a hardware-related issue.
Etc. are all possible explanations for the issue.
The accumulation of debris in one earpiece of the AirPods is the most typical cause of the sound problem. Most of the time, the waste product comprises nothing but ear wax.
Dust particles can become embedded in ear wax and obscure the main sound output of AirPods. This can be worsened if the headphones are not maintained properly. Cleaning your AirPods regularly might extend their lifespan significantly.
The following will provide an overview of some of the more typical solutions to the software issue. In addition to that, there are repair options for broken AirPods.
02. What Are the Fixes to Try if One AirPod Sounds Louder?
No matter ‘why is one AirPod louder than the other,’ there should be a way to fix it.
If you have the same problem and are looking for a solution, the following solutions can be handy.
Let’s go ahead and learn what they are.
Besides, What if your AirPods case does not charge when you are ahead of meaningful work? Here are the top solutions for you to fix it.
Solution 01: Clean Your AirPods
The AirPods from Apple is neither water- nor dust-resistant in any way. Therefore, debris, dust, and even ear wax can gather on AirPods. Also, dust can accumulate on the AirPods when stored in their charging case.
Ear wax can also develop on the AirPods. You can try using a soft brush to clean the AirPods. After that, you should carefully use that brush on the speakers.
When brushing the speakers, use a clean, soft towel to wipe down each speaker. Additionally, clean its charging case.
Another option for cleaning the speakers is to use a cotton swab or moist cloth. Make sure that it has been dipped in water or alcohol. Work quickly when putting the cotton swab or cloth into the alcohol and water.
If a greater quantity of moisture is absorbed, it has the potential to seep within the speaker and harm. You’ll be able to solve the issue without having to put in any more work if you do this.
Also, if you wonder why AirPods hurt your ears and how to fix it if your ears are paining due to AirPods, then you have landed on the perfect article.
Solution 02: Adjust the Audio Balance on Your iOS Device
Do you think the audio on either AirPods is distinct from the other? In that case, you should experiment with altering the settings. The new AirPods include a default setting for the audio balance that is tuned to the Center position.
However, there are occasions when the audio balance is incorrectly altered to the left or right side by accident. Because of this inconsistency in the sound tuning, one AirPod will have a louder volume level than the other.
Some customers wonder why one of their AirPods is louder than the other. If that’s the case, you will need to experiment with adjusting the setting. For instance, you should check if the sound emanating from both AirPods is the same.
This fix will work for many users. Also, there isn’t any harm in trying this fix.
With that said, to get it done, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, you should launch the “Settings” app on the iPhone and select “Accessibility.”
- Go to the option called “Audio/Visual.” Then, scroll down and then adjust the Balance of the audio. You can simply do that by moving its audio slider.
- Keep the slider at the center of the bar to experience an equal sound level.
Solution 03: Reconnect the AirPods
Try to forget your AirPods are connected to your iPhone, and afterward, reconnect them. Perhaps, that can fix the problem of the right AirPod being louder than the left AirPod.
Forgetting your AirPods and reconnecting them once again can give them a fresh start. Perhaps, that may allow them to function normally again.
It will make it possible for the AirPods to link to another device without trouble.
To put this method into action, please follow these instructions.
- First, you should go to “Settings” on your iOS device. Then, please click on the option called “Bluetooth.”
- Then, click on the icon that appears as an “i.” It is located right next to AirPods. Then, you should click “Forget.”
- Now, you should confirm the action of forgetting. Then, wait for a couple of minutes before connecting them again.
- You should go to the home screen of the iOS device. Then, you should keep the respective AirPod case just next to the iPhone to proceed.
- You will now be able to see the Setup option. Just click on the option called “Connect” to pair the AirPods.
That’s it. You can expect your device to work fine after forgetting it and reconnecting it.
However, if you still wonder, ‘why is one AirPod louder than the other?’ Try the other solutions.
Solution 04: Reset Your AirPods
If the issue persists and you want to fix it, you should try a reset. A reset can fix pretty much any connectivity issue associated with your AirPods.
Resetting your AirPods will bring back the default configurations and solve those errors.
Below are the steps you should follow to reset the device and bring its original settings.
- First, you should hold the button for “Setup.” Well, it should be found on the rear side of your AirPod’s charging case.
- The status light will blink in amber color for a couple of seconds. Then, it will turn into white color. In this instance, you should leave the button. That’s it. After that, your AirPods are reset.
- Now, you should try to connect the AirPods once again. For most users, this trick should work.
Also, if you wonder ‘why my AirPods are so quiet‘ and how to fix it quickly, here are a few reasons and ways to get your AirPod louder.
Solution 05: Visit the Nearest Apple Service Center
Your top priority is to identify whether your AirPods are defective or broken. This is true if none of the other mentioned fixes resolves the problem. A replacement should be requested from the Apple service center.
To find out if your AirPods have a problem, you’ll need to bring them to an Apple service center.
If a problem is found, you may be eligible for a free replacement set of AirPods. Your issue can be resolved by contacting them online. They are also available by phone.
In addition, are you going to take a flight soon and wondering, “do AirPods work on a plane“? If yes, you will find the answer here. So, read on.
Bonus Tip: Use Reiboot if None of the Above Methods Work
You may have issues while using AirPods, and that’s completely normal. For instance, you might notice that your AirPods are not syncing to the iOS device.
If not, you may notice that one AirPod is louder than the other. There are other issues as well. Regardless of the issue, however, this impressive tool can assist you.
So, give this a shot if you have any issues related to AirPods and are looking for a solution. As long as it is a software issue, ReiBoot can fix it for you.
Reiboot is User-friendly and Effective.
Using an application or iOS tool is sometimes the only way to resolve this issue. Tenorshare ReiBoot can be considered the go-to tool for iOS debugging and repair.
It’s ideal for the detection and repair of a wide range of software or hardware faults on iOS devices.
So, it works on iPhones, iPods, iPads, etc. Most importantly, errors in software can be fixed using this tool without affecting your data.
If your AirPods aren’t working with your iPhone, it could be because of an issue with iOS.
Here are simple steps to follow and fix the error we discussed.
- First, install the ReiBoot app on your computer and open it to see the main screen. Then, you should attach your iPhone to the same PC using a cable to proceed.
- Select the option “Start” to proceed. Then, tap on the option called “Fix Now.” After that, you should select “Standard Repair.”
- Then, you should download the relevant firmware on the PC as instructed by the application. Once the download is done, tap “Start Standard Repair.”
- It’s important to remember that your PC and iPhone are connected properly until the repair is done. After a couple of moments, you should see the “Standard Repair Completed” notification. That indicates that the repairs are done.
As of now, you know ‘why one AirPod is louder than the other‘ and what solutions you can use.
We introduced several methods (including a professional tool called ReiBoot) to fix that issue.
If you face other issues with your AirPods, please keep us posted. We will explain solutions that have worked for us.