When your AirPods won’t flash white, that means they are not paired with your iPhone properly.
So, knowing how to fix this error is handy for any individual who owns an iPhone.
What Does White Flashing Mean?
How AirPods Work
Before we delve into the issue, let’s quickly discuss how AirPods work. AirPods use Bluetooth technology to connect wirelessly to your device. They are designed to pair quickly and seamlessly, ensuring an uninterrupted audio experience.
The Role of the White Flash
The white flashing light is a critical part of this pairing process. When AirPods are working correctly, opening the lid of their charging case triggers a white flashing light.
This indicates that the AirPods are ready to connect to your device. So if your AirPods aren’t flashing white, it signifies that something’s not right.
Reasons Why My AirPods Won’t Flash White?
Open the cover of the case while both AirPods are still inside to begin the pairing process. The setup key must be pressed and held until that white flashing light appears.
Next, when your phone’s Bluetooth is activated, look for the name of the AirPods and then tap it. Then, the pairing will take place.
However, there’re times when the white light on the AirPods simply stops. In most cases, this is because your AirPods ran out of juice. You can charge it to see if it helps. It’s possible that this happens when the charging case’s connectors become stuck.
Simply giving it a quick wash will do the trick for that specific purpose. Therefore, let’s investigate the potential causes of the issue and figure out how to deal with them immediately.
Before we learn the solutions, it is better to know why AirPods won’t flash white.
That said, mentioned below are the reasons you can consider.
- The battery of your AirPods is completely drained out.
- The charging case of the connectors isn’t properly contacted with your AirPods devices.
- The bottom area of the AirPods comes with debris.
- Your AirPods are physically damaged.
- The charging case is either broken or damaged.
Besides, what if your AirPods case does not charge when you are ahead of meaningful work? Here are the top solutions to easily fix the ‘AirPods Case not charging‘ issue.
So, How to Fix Your AirPods if They Are Not Flashing?
Now that you know the possible reasons for your AirPods to malfunction. Let’s learn the solutions as well.
In fact, there are several different fixes. As the first option, you can try to clean the charging case. Moreover, you should try to charge the AirPods for at least a short period.
In addition to that, it is better to switch off your Bluetooth once and switch it on again.
Also, if you wonder ‘why is one AirPod louder than the other‘ and how to fix it quickly, here are the reasons and the top solutions you should try.
1. Clean the Bottom of the AirPods
Well, this is the first solution to try if your AirPods won’t flash white. The most basic thing you can try is to clean the AirPods. You should check if your AirPods have accumulated debris.
The bottom part of your AirPods becomes exceptionally important when it comes to the overall operation. The bottom of the AirPods has a microphone. In fact, it is the part that has a charging case as well, so you can realize its importance.
Therefore, it is mandatory to clean the bottom of the AirPods. Once they are properly cleaned, you can expect a smooth operation from your AirPods.
For instance, you can even use a clean cotton swab or a piece of cloth to clean your AirPods. Now, you should put AirPods in their charging case. After that, you should see the respective issue is still occurring.
In addition, if you wonder how to rename AirPods on devices like iPhone, Mac, Android, and Windows, this is the best guide to show you how to reflect AirPods’ true identity.
2. Perform a Quick Clean on the Charging Case
Dust, grime, and other particles can sometimes find their way into its charging case.
It may prevent the AirPods from making touch with that charging case. That said, the charging case has connectors that come into contact with your AirPods, so keep that in mind. Because of this, the pairing problems could be due to debris within the case.
This means that it needs a thorough cleaning on your part. A cotton bud or even microfiber cloth will do the trick. For stubborn grime in hard-to-reach places, an anti-static type brush may be your best bet.
3. Charge Your AirPods
The most typical solution is to charge the AirPods simply. When the battery is fully dead, you could have this problem. Dead AirPods can’t do anything. Sometimes the problem will appear even if there is sufficient battery power.
Keeping your AirPods in their case while they charge for 30 minutes is the easiest solution to this issue. After the designated time has elapsed, open the casing and press its setup button to see the white flash.
If you’re still having trouble seeing its white flash, it is possible to continue on to other potential solutions.
4. Restart Your Bluetooth Connection
The AirPods won’t white-flash, although your Bluetooth is active because of possible delays in communication.
When the AirPods are experiencing technical difficulties, they may not be able to pick up a signal.
Restarting Bluetooth for a moment can help in such a jam. All you have to do is stick to the steps outlined below.
- First, you should press Windows and I keys together. It allows users to see a “Settings” window.
- Now, you should click on the option called “Devices.”
- Then, under the “Bluetooth and Other Devices” option, you should toggle the feature off.
- Now, you should wait for some time and then turn it on once again.
- First, you should go to “Settings.”
- Select the option called “Bluetooth.”
- Now, you should disable (toggle off) your Bluetooth button.
- After a certain period, turn the Bluetooth device on.
On Your iPad or iPhone
- First, you should go to “Settings” so a different screen will open.
- Now, go to the option called “Bluetooth.”
- Then, toggle the feature off.
- Wait for a while and turn the Bluetooth feature on again.
In addition, let’s figure out the possible reasons for the issue of Find My AirPods sound pending, and we will also learn how to fix them quickly & simply.
5. Unpair Your AirPods
A number of gadgets could be linked to your AirPods. If that’s the situation, you might choose to remove the pairing from the computer, phone, or other gadgets.
As a result, you may be able to resolve the pairing problem between the target device and the AirPods. If you want to disconnect your AirPods from your phone, tablet, or computer, here’s how:
On Your PC
- Open Bluetooth Settings.
- Then, go to the option called “AirPods.”
- Then, click on the option called “Remove Device.”
- Select the option called “Yes.”
On an Android Device
- Go to your device’s Bluetooth Settings.
- Select the name of the AirPods.
- Now, you should select the icon that appears as a gear. Hit the option called “Unpair.”
On iOS Devices (iPads or iPhones)
- Go to the Bluetooth settings. Then, go to the “More info” option next to your AirPods.
- Select the option called “Forget This Device.”
- Select “Forget Device” and confirm your action.
6. Update Your Device’s Software
If you want to use AirPods with any modern device, you must have the most recent software installed. There may be pairing difficulties, and its white light may stop blinking if this is not done.
After that, you can try to connect them once again simply by restarting Bluetooth. Find out if the charging case’s white light returns. Detailed steps on updating your devices are provided below.
On a Mac
- Select the “Apple Menu” option from the device’s top-left side.
- Then, go to “System Preferences.”
- After that, go to “Software Update.”
- Now, you can select “Upgrade Now” or “Update Now.”
On a Windows PC
- First, you should open your device’s Start Screen.
- Then, select its gear icon. That will open your device’s “Settings.”
- Now, you should go to the “Update & Security” option.
- After that, you should select “Check for Updates.” You can find it under the option called “Windows Update.”
- After that, the system will perform a check and start downloading any updates.
- You may reboot your computer once the update is finished.
On an Android
- Go to “Settings” and select “System.”
- Then, go to “System Update.”
- Select the option called “Check for Update.”
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the process.
On Your iPhone
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “General.”
- Now, you should select “Software Update.”
- Hit “Download & Install” to proceed.
- Select “Install Now.”
7. Reset the Settings of Your Network
When your smartphone’s Bluetooth is malfunctioning, you may run across this issue.
Therefore, the Bluetooth configurations will likewise be restored to their factory defaults after performing a Reset.
It would clear the Bluetooth settings, including pairings and preferences. There are a few solutions to try if you have no idea how to reset it:
On an Android Device
- Go to “Settings” and select “General Management.”
- Scroll and go to “Reset.”
- Tap on the option called “Reset Network Settings.”
- Tap on “Reset Settings.”
On an iOS Device (iPad or iPhone)
- Select “Settings” and go to “General.”
- Go to “Transfer or Reset……”
- Tap on “Reset.”
- Select “Reset Network Setting.”
- After that, you will have to select “Reset Network Setting” again.
If your AirPods won’t flash white even after those solutions, it is better to visit your nearest Apple Store. They will help you fix the issue in a favorable way.
- What does the white flashing light on AirPods mean? The white flashing light on AirPods indicates that they are ready to connect to a device.
- Can AirPods connect without the white flash? No, the white flash is typically necessary for the AirPods to connect with a device.
- Why is my AirPods’ white flash not working even after charging? There might be an issue with the charging case itself, or your AirPods may need a reset. If these don’t work, consider seeking professional help.
- Can I manually trigger the white flash on my AirPods? The white flash is usually triggered automatically when you open the case. You can try resetting the AirPods to manually trigger the flash.
- What to do when my AirPods won’t flash white after trying all the solutions? If your AirPods still won’t flash white, it might be best to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
It can be frustrating when your AirPods won’t flash white, preventing them from pairing with your device. While this guide provides solutions for the most common issues, remember that professional help is available should the problem persist.
With a little patience and troubleshooting, you can enjoy your seamless audio experience again.