When WhatsApp video call is not working, that can be a serious issue for many users. As of today, plenty of individuals consider WhatsApp as their preferred mode of communication.
So, when something goes wrong with their WhatsApp accounts, they start to frustrate a lot. If you have faced such an issue, keep reading this article and learn how to fix it.
What Makes WhatsApp Video Calls Not Work?
As mentioned above, this article reveals solutions to fix the “WhatsApp video call not working” issue. However, before directly moving into the solutions section, it is better to get an idea about the issue.
In fact, there are several reasons behind this issue, and mentioned below are some of the most common ones. It is better to read this paragraph through and learn the possible reasons so you can implement a solution.
- “WhatsApp Video Call Not Working” can occur due to the outdated WhatsApp app on the device.
- You are using an unstable network connection to make a video call through WhatsApp.
- You have activated the low-power mode on your iPhone, so WhatsApp doesn’t run in the background.
- There is an error on iOS, or there is a glitch in the application.
Check If You Make the Video Call in the Proper Way
Before everything else, you should make sure that you are using the proper way to make the call. In order to make it the correct approach, here is a guideline for you.
Making a Voice Call
- First, you should open the WhatsApp app on your iOS device.
- Then, you should go to the section labeled “Calls.”
- Now, press the option “New Call,” located at the top right corner.
- Now, use the search bar and find the contact to which you intend to make a call.
- When you see the respective contact, press the “Voice Call” option just in front of the contact.
- The voice call will now start through WhatsApp.
Making a Video Call
- First, you should launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Now, please navigate to the “Calls” option as you did.
- Then, press the “New Call” option at the top right corner.
- Now, you should search for the desired contact name to make the call.
- Once you have done that, the respective contact will appear. You should simply press the “Video Call” option and initiate the video call function.
Making a Group Video Call
- Like the previous methods, go to WhatsApp on the iOS device.
- After that, you should go to “Calls” as well.
- Now, tap on the option labeled “New Call.”
- You will see an option called “New Group Call.” Just press on it.
- After that, you should select multiple contacts with which you intend to make the group call. However, the number of contacts is limited to 07.
- Now, choose the option based on your preference. That means you should select either “Voice Call” or “Video Call,” and the app will act accordingly.
Solutions to Try If WhatsApp Video Calls Not Working on Your iPhone
Well, if everything is fine and you have followed the correct steps, making a call should be easier. However, if the WhatsApp video call is not working on your iOS after those steps, there is definitely something wrong. This is exactly what is discussed in this article.
Below are the fixes you should try if the WhatsApp Video Call is not working on your device. In fact, we explain 06 effective methods to get it done. Some of these methods sound very simple, while others are somewhat advanced. You can try these fixes one by one and resolve the issue.
Also, if you wish to know how to import WhatsApp chat, here are the top solutions for you.
Solution 01: Restart the Faulty iOS Device
This is the first and most basic fix you should try if WhatsApp video call is not working. In fact, WhatsApp or any other app can start to malfunction in the event of a minor software glitch. If that is the case with your device as well, it is best to try a restart.
In fact, a restart can easily fix a large range of minor software glitches on your iOS device. So, you should follow the steps below to restart the device. You should note that the steps to restart the device will differ based on the device model.
For iPhone X, XS, 11, and iPhone 12
- Press and hold the volume button and the side button simultaneously.
For iPhone SE, 8, 7 and 6
- Press the side button and hold it. If not, you should press the top button of the device and hold it.
Now, you will be able to see a slider on the screen with the necessary instructions. Just slide the button towards the right-hand side, and that will power off the device.
Now, please wait for about 30 seconds & switch on the device once again. To do that, you should press and hold either the top or side button (based on the iPhone version). Hold the button until you see the Apple logo.
Once the device is turned on, you should launch WhatsApp and see if you can make video calls.
Solution 02: Check If the Permissions Are Denied
Sometimes, the “WhatsApp video call not working” error can appear due to denied permissions. In other words, if you have not allowed the required permission for WhatsApp, that could be the reason.
Well, WhatsApp requires two main permissions for its video call functionality to work as expected. They are; access to a camera and access to a microphone. You should follow the steps mentioned below and grant permission as requested by WhatsApp.
- You should launch the “Settings” app from the phone’s home screen.
- Now, you should scroll down to see the “WhatsApp” option.
- Turn on all permissions under the option “Allow WhatsApp To Access.”
By the way, if you are facing the iPhone keeps dropping calls issue, here are the top solutions.
Solution 03: Check Your Network Connection
You already know that an internet connection is one of the primary requirements for making a WhatsApp video call. If the network connection is too slow or unstable, you cannot make a call smoothly.
If that is the case with your network connection, you will experience various issues with WhatsApp. So, checking whether you have a proper internet connection is crucial.
Mentioned below are the steps to check it.
- Launch the “Settings” app.
- Now, go to the option called “General.”
- Now, go to the option called “Reset.”
- Finally, you should choose the option called “Reset Network Settings.”
- Now, you should enter the passcode of the device. Provide it correctly and hit “Reset Network Settings” last time.
Now, you should launch WhatsApp and see if it works now.
Solution 04: Force Quit the WhatsApp App
If none of the above solutions have worked so far, you should try to force quit the app. In fact, this is a very simple process. To get it done, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should slide from the bottom of the device towards the top and stop in the middle.
- This will bring up the applications that are already running.
- Find WhatsApp by sliding left.
- Now, you should swipe up the preview of the WhatsApp app so it will be forced closed.
Solution 05: Update WhatsApp or Reinstall It
On various occasions, apps don’t function as expected when they are outdated. If this is the case, you should either update them or perform a complete reinstallation to fix it.
You should follow the steps below and fix this issue.
- As the first step, go to the App Store.
- Now, you should search for the app called “WhatsApp.”
- Once you find the app, launch WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Notice if there is an option called “Update” next to it. If yes, tap on it and update the app. Otherwise, you should press the “Delete” option and download it.
Solution 06: Use a Professional Tool to Repair Your iOS
If you have tried all those methods above and have yet to succeed, you should use a different approach.
Now, we have to assume that the issue is caused due to a system error. In this case, it is highly recommended to use professional software and repair it.
Regardless of the seriousness of the error, Tenorshare ReiBoot will be the best solution to address it. ReiBoot has a very powerful and smart algorithm to fix all the issues associated with iOS devices.
That said, follow the steps mentioned below and fix this issue.
- To start the process, you should download Tenorshare ReiBoot and install it on the computer.
- Connect the iPhone to the same computer using the original USB cable.
- Open ReiBoot on the computer and wait so the device will be identified.
- Now, press the option called “iOS System Repair.”
- Once you have done that, select the option “Fix Now.”
- After that, the firmware package should be downloaded for the repair process.
- After the download, hit “Start Standard Repair” and wait patiently for a while.
- As the final step, hit “Done.”
- Restart the device, so you will see the error is fixed.
The best solution, as you can see, is Tenoreshare Reiboot. It can identify and solve the issue for you, no matter how complex it is. Apart from the WhatsApp video call not working issue, ReiBoot can fix any issue on your iOS device.