When an iPhone keeps dropping calls, it is incredibly annoying for both parties engaged in that call.
Things can get worse if it happens in between an important business call or while handling a serious issue.
With that said, in this article, we explain how to fix this issue without much trouble.
Part 1: The Most Basic Methods to Use if Your iPhone Keeps Dropping Calls
In this segment, we explain the most basic methods to try if your iPhone keeps dropping calls. If you are lucky enough, one of these basic methods will resolve the issue.
PS: Let’s figure out how to view call history on iPhone.
Method 01: Turn on the Wi-Fi Calling Option on Your Device
Are you in a hurry to make a call and looking for a temporary solution? If so, this could be the solution you are looking for. Instead of making a phone call through the carrier, you can make a Wi-Fi calling option.
Once the device is connected to Wi-Fi, you can make a call through Wi-Fi directly. As a result, the respective iPhone will recognize Wi-Fi as the preferred connection mode.
Please follow up on the simple guide and turn on Wi-Fi calling option.
- As the first step, you should go to the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Then, you should tap the option called “Cellular” and launch “Wi-Fi,” calling to proceed.
- After that, just enable the option that allows you to make Wi-Fi calls on the iPhone.
However, it is important to know if your iPhone is compatible with this option before you use this method. The bad news is that some of the older versions are not compatible with this feature. In that case, you will have to look for different options.
Besides, what if your iPhone brightness keeps dimming even if you increase its brightness? Let’s figure out its reasons and all the possible solutions to fix it simply here.
Method 02: Restart the iOS Device
If your iPhone keeps dropping calls on a regular basis, it might have occurred due to a technical error. However, the majority of those small errors can be easily fixed using a restart.
So, just reboot the device and try if you can make a call. Please note that the method can vary depending on the model of the iOS device you use.
For iPhone SE/8 and Older Models
- First, please press the power button and hold it until the slider appears.
- It will bring up the “Slider to Power off” slider.
- Now, slide it to the right so it will turn off your device.
- Wait for about 15 seconds after switching off the device. Then, please press the power button & hold it to switch on the device.
For iPhone X or Newer Models
- First, you should press the on/off button for a while to turn on the screen.
- After that, press the Side button and any of the volume buttons to see the slider.
- You can drag the slider now to turn the device off completely and proceed.
- After turning the device off, press the Side button once again to see the Apple logo.
Now, try to make a phone call and check if it works.
Method 03: Reset the Network Settings of Your Device
If your iPhone keeps dropping calls even after trying the above methods, you should try this option. Resetting your network settings will restore all the settings. As a result, it will fix minor glitches that may exist.
Also, before performing this step, you should write down or save the network passwords somewhere.
- First, go to the “Settings” option.
- After that, tap on “General” and choose “Reset.”
- Now, tap on “Reset Network Settings.”
- After that, you will notice a confirmation window as well.
Once that is confirmed, you can see the device restart immediately. You should re-enter the network passwords once again and see if it works properly.
Method 04: Reinstall the SIM Card
The following solution is to reinstall the SIM card. All you have to do is to remove and reinsert the SIM card into the slot. Then, it will automatically connect to the carrier once again so you can check if iPhone keeps dropping calls.
Method 05: Check if There is an Update on Carrier Settings
If your carrier has a pending update on their settings, that may make your iPhone keeps dropping calls. However, carried updates don’t happen frequently. Therefore, you will have to check it properly.
- First, connect your device to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- Then, tap on “Settings” and choose “General.” You will have to click on it. If there is an update, you will see an option to update the carrier settings.
Method 06: Check if You Are Using a Compatible iOS Version
The next solution to try is updating your device’s iOS to the latest available version. This is a pretty simple process, and mentioned below is how to do it.
- First, you will have to open “Settings” on your iPad or iPhone to proceed. Then, tap on the option called “General” as well.
- After that, choose the option labeled “General” and then go to the option called “Information“.
- Now, on the next screen, you will see the existing version of the OS. It is found under “Version“. If a new version is available, you will have to update it to the most recent one.
Part 2: What is the Most Efficient Solution if Your iPhone Keeps Dropping Calls
If you have found no success with none of the above options, the issue might be related to iOS. In fact, errors on your iOS can lead to various issues, including “iPhone keeps dropping calls“.
So, you should find an effective method that can repair your iOS. In this case, the best method we recommend is Tenorshare ReiBoot. We have plenty of reasons to consider ReiBoot as the best tool among the other options.
Tenorshare ReiBoot provides you with three methods to solve the iOS issues you might have. You can get the app installed without any issues.
Many users across the globe say that this tool is exceptionally effective. That said, mentioned below are the reasons for us to consider Tenorshare ReiBoot as the best tool of its kind.
- It can fix plenty of issues related to the operating system of iPhones and iPad, such as the iPhone call failure.
- It fixes all those errors without necessarily causing data loss.
- ReiBoot can eliminate all the glitches, including “iPhone keeps dropping calls.”
- It can fix the iPhones that are stuck in recovery mode utilizing a single-click operation.
- This tool is specifically designed to work on all iOS versions and devices.
Now that you know the abilities of ReiBoot. Let’s learn how to fix errors using it. Before everything else, please download & install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer to proceed with the steps below.
- First, you should launch the program and choose the “Standard Repair” option in the interface.
- Now, put the faulty device in DFU mode or Recovery Mode. As a result, the program will detect it. If you don’t know how to put the device on DFU mode, follow the steps below.
Just press both the home and power buttons simultaneously and hold it for about 10 seconds. Then, you should release the power button while still holding the home button for about five more seconds. This will put the device in DFU mode.
If not, you should press the home and power buttons simultaneously to see the “Connect to iTunes or Computer” icon.
- Then, the program will search for the respective firmware for the device that is connected. You will need to download the firmware package, and the latest version of iOS will be installed. This is essential to repair the issues on your iOS device.
- Once the firmware download is completed, just click on the option called “Start Standard Repair.” It will begin to fix the device.
That’s it, and the device will restart without any issues.
Part 3: Other Ways to Fix the iPhone Keeps Dropping Calls Issue
If you didn’t succeed with any of the methods above, you should try the options mentioned below.
Method 01: Perform a Factory Reset
- First, go to “Settings” and choose “General“. Then, go to “Reset” and choose “Delete contents and settings“. After that, choose the option labeled “Delete iPhone“.
- If you have used a password, you should enter it to proceed to the next step. Also, if you have an activated one, you will have to enter the iCloud credentials as well.
- Now, you will be able to see the Apple logo. After that, your device will restart in a couple of minutes.
- Once the device turns on, your iPhone will work as if you have bought the device right now. The data that was available on the device will be gone.
Method 02: Restore the Device Using iTunes
Fixing the issues related to iOS devices can also be done using iTunes as well. If you are ready to do that, just follow the instructions mentioned below.
- First, you should launch iTunes on a PC or Mac.
- Then, connect the faulty device to the same computer using a USB cable.
- After that, choose your iPhone from the iTunes interface.
- Choose the option called “Restore Backup in iTunes.”
- The current data will be replaced, and the issue will be fixed by now.
Method 03: Restore Your iPhone Using iCloud
This is another option to restore the device with previous data. The steps to do that are as follows.
- First, you should choose to Erase all content and settings.
- Then, choose the option “Restore from iCloud Backup” under “Apps & Data.” After that, use the credentials to sign in to iCloud.
- Once you have done that, choose an available iCloud backup from the appearing list (how to download iCloud backup files without hassle).
Well, the above content offers ten effective methods to try if your iPhone keeps dropping calls. As you can see, using Tenorshare ReiBoot is the most convenient and professional method of all.
The other methods mentioned in this guide have some drawbacks as well. If you know different ways to solve this error, please share them with us.