There are times when you are placing a phone call, but the iPhone says the call failed. Many users have reportedly complained about this issue. So, do not think that you’re the only one facing this issue.
Multiple reasons result in the iPhone call failed error. If you are an iPhone user and you have faced this issue, then you should definitely read this article.
We have tried to cover every possible reason that causes this error as well as some reliable solutions to it.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Before getting into the reasons and solutions to repair the error, it is essential to know about the meaning of the iPhone call failed error.
This error arises when a person tries to place a call on their iPhone. As soon as you attempt to place a call, the iPhone says the call failed. The notification clearly shows the call failed message. Some users have witnessed this error during a call.
In this article, we will tell you about the causes of the error. This will solve all your doubts about why the iPhone call failed error arises.
- The first reason for the error is a signal issue. You won’t be able to place a call from a place where the signals are poor. So, check the signals before placing calls. There is a huge possibility that you might see this error because of weak signals.
- The second reason for the iPhone call failed error is a damaged or loose SIM.
- Other than these two reasons, a software bug can also cause this issue.
Here a list of 11 ways to repair the iPhone call failed error. All the solutions have been verified and tested by experts. So, if you want to fix the error, then do not skip this part.
Solution 1: Toggle the Airplane Mode
Turning the Airplane Mode on and off will repair the issue. This solution is the most effective one as well as easy. Follow the steps to execute this solution.
- Launch the Settings application on the iPhone.
- Click on the Airplane Mode.
- Enable the mode and wait for some seconds.
- Now, turn it off and check if the issue is resolved.
We believe that this method is quite easy, and you will face no issues while performing this procedure.
Also, let’s find out what to do if your WhatsApp video calls is not working.
Solution 2: Disable the Call Blocking Option
In case you have turned on the call-blocking option on the iPhone, you won’t be able to place calls. Follow the steps written below to solve the iPhone call failed error.
- Launch the Settings application and click on Phone.
- Click on call the blocking & Identification option. In case the application is turned on under the ‘Allow these apps to block calls and provide caller ID’ option, disable it (turn it off).
This is another easy solution where you don’t require some technical skills. Use this solution and see if you can fix the iPhone call failed error.
Solution 3: Toggle the Caller ID
In case the caller ID is disabled, you can enable it to fix the iPhone call failed error. Follow the steps to learn how to do it.
- Launch the Settings application and click on Phone.
- Now, head to the ‘Show My Caller ID‘ option.
- Ensure that this option is enabled on the iPhone.
Too easy to follow, isn’t it? So, go ahead and try it for yourself.
Solution 4: Make Changes in the Date & Time Feature
In case the date & time of the iPhone is not correct, then instantly enter the right date and time. You can do it in the following way.
- Launch the Settings application and click on the General option.
- Now, choose the Date and Time option.
- Enable the ‘Set Automatically’ option.
This is how you can set the date and time on the iPhone. There are situations when the date and time get reset, and we forget to correct them. So, now, if you face an iPhone call failed error, make sure that you check the date and time.
Solution 5: Restart the Device
Another solution to the iPhone call failed error is to restart the device. To be honest, this is the easiest solution to fix many minor issues. Here are the steps to do it.
- Tap on hold the Wake/Sleep key of the iPhone and wait for some time.
- You will see a slider. Now, drag the slider to the right and wait for the iPhone to power off. You need to wait for approximately thirty seconds.
- Restart the iPhone with the help of the same keys.
Restarting the device will fix minor bugs and issues, so try it and see if the error is resolved.
Solution 6: Turn off LTE to Fix iPhone Call Failed
If you wish to obtain fast cellular data on the iPhone, you can enable LTE. However, it might affect the calling feature of the iPhone for a few users. In order to repair this issue, just turn off the LTE. Here’s how to do it.
- Launch the Settings application and pick the Cellular option.
- Now, choose the Cellular data option.
- Click on Voice & Data and select 3G.
This is all you need to do to turn off the LTE option.
Solution 7: Update the Carrier Settings
A few users believe that updating the carrier settings will solve the iPhone call failed error. Follow the steps to do it.
- Firstly, ensure that the iPhone is linked to a strong network connection.
- Launch the Settings application and tap on the General option. Now, head to the ‘About’ option.
- In case there is an update, you will notice a notification to update the carrier settings.
You can click on the update option and wait for the update procedure to finish. Hopefully, this trick will work for you.
Solution 8: Use iTunes to Perform a Factory Reset
You can try this solution to solve the iPhone call failed error. However, this procedure will result in the loss of data. So, it is advisable to create a backup before starting the process.
- Launch iTunes on the PC. Now, connect the iPhone with the error to the PC.
- Enter the passcode if asked. Otherwise, choose the iPhone from the menu.
- Tap on the Restore option that is available in the summary panel.
- Confirm the actions by clicking on the Restore option. Now, iTunes will delete the entire data on the iPhone and install the latest software.
- As soon as the device restarts, set up the device as if it’s new.
Solution 9: Enter *#31# on the Dialer
Dialing *#31# is the easiest solution to turn off the hidden anonymity.
It is clear that a few solutions written above can lead to the loss of data. For example, using iTunes to reset factory settings or restore it can result in data loss. If you are looking for a solution that doesn’t result in data loss, choose Tenorshare ReiBoot.
It is a very good tool for solving issues related to iOS devices. The Tenorshare ReiBoot tool can fix multiple issues, such as restart loop, iPhone keeps dropping calls, frozen iPhone, update failure, etc.
Follow the Steps to Solve the iPhone Call Failed Error.
- Open the Tenorshare ReiBoot and launch the Standard Repair. Link the iPhone to the same PC and proceed further.
- The software will begin to look for the firmware that is available. Choose the appropriate one for your iPhone and download it.
- As soon as the download process of the software finishes, the software will be verified. Now, extract the specific software. Once all the things are in their correct order, initiate the procedure. To do so, click on the Start Standard Repair button. Just wait for some time, and the device will restart.
Solution 11: Contact the Apple Support
If the above solutions do not help you, then the last option is to contact Apple Support and ask them to inspect the hardware of the iPhone.
Experiencing the “Call Failed” error on your iPhone can be frustrating, but there are several ways to resolve it. In this article, we covered various troubleshooting steps, including checking network signal strength, disabling and enabling Airplane Mode, restarting your iPhone, updating iOS, resetting network settings, and more.
If all else fails, contacting your carrier or Apple Support can provide further guidance. Remember to keep your iPhone’s software updated and maintain a stable network connection for uninterrupted calling.
- Q: Why am I getting the “Call Failed” error on my iPhone? A: The “Call Failed” error can occur due to network signal issues, software glitches, carrier settings, or hardware problems.
- Q: Will updating iOS fix the “Call Failed” error? A: Updating your iPhone’s iOS to the latest version can resolve software-related issues, including the “Call Failed” error.
- Q: Can resetting network settings fix the problem? A: Yes, resetting network settings can resolve network configuration issues that may cause the “Call Failed” error.
- Q: What should I do if none of the troubleshooting steps work? A: If none of the solutions mentioned in the article work, it’s recommended to contact your carrier’s customer support or reach out to Apple Support for further assistance.
- Q: Is it necessary to restore my iPhone to factory settings? A: Restoring your iPhone to factory settings should be considered as a last resort. It erases all data and settings on your device, so it’s essential to create a backup before proceeding.