This article is about the causes and how to fix the Find My AirPods sound pending problem. When this error occurs, you can’t hear the sound of your AirPods when you call them. So, read on.
AirPods are a great alternative to traditional earphones. They have excellent battery life and high sound quality and are pretty comfortable. If you bought AirPods, you probably know how important it is to keep them with you all the time.
They are so small that they can get lost very quickly. The Find My AirPods sound will help you find them if they are nearby, but what if it’s not working? There might be several reasons for it, and we will discuss them here.
And along with the possible reasons for the issue of the Find My AirPods sound pending, we will also learn how to fix them. So, let’s get started.
Reasons Behind Find My AirPods Sound Pending Issue
There are many reasons why you notice the issue of the Find My AirPods sound pending. It could be because the battery is low or because you’re too far from your AirPods.
If none of these scenarios apply to you, read for other possible explanations!
Besides, if you wonder why AirPods hurt your ears and how to fix it if your ears are paining due to AirPods, then you have landed on the perfect article.
1. The AirPods Are Not Connected to the iOS Device
Are you noticing the Find My AirPods sound pending issue? If yes, then the first cause is that your AirPods and iOS device are not connected in a stable manner via Bluetooth.
2. The “Find My” Feature is Disabled
The second cause for the Find My AirPods sound pending is that the “Find My” feature is disabled. If the “Find My” feature is disabled, you won’t be able to use the AirPods. To enable this feature, open your Settings app and click on iCloud.
3. AirPods Are Out of Reach
Another cause you notice the Find My AirPods sound pending is that they are out of reach. This means that your AirPods and iOS device are too far from each other. And that’s why they are unable to form a stable connection.
4. You Don’t Have Internet Connectivity
It would be best to have internet connectivity to use the “Find My” feature. If you don’t have an internet connection, your AirPods won’t be able to connect to your iOS device. And you won’t be able to use this feature.
5. You’ve Disabled the Sound on Your AirPods
The following reason for the Find My AirPods sound pending is that you’ve disabled the sound on your AirPods.
You may have disabled the sound on your AirPods by going to Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods > Sound. You can also do this by opening the charging case and tapping the side button.
6. Your Phone is Not Updated
Another reason you are encountering the issue of the Find My AirPods sound pending is that your iPhone or iOS device is not up-to-date. You can check for the latest updates by going to your phone’s settings.
And then select General and Software Update. If there is an update available, follow the prompts and install it.
7. AirPods Ran Out of Battery
Another potential reason is that the AirPods run out of battery. The AirPods have a 5-hour battery life but can last 24 hours when fully charged in their charging case.
The case has a battery life of 24 hours, so you should always keep it charged for maximum power for your AirPods.
8. Bluetooth is Disabled on Your Phone
The last reason causing the problem of the Find My AirPods sound pending is disabled Bluetooth. You may have turned off Bluetooth.
A quick way to test this theory is by going into Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone and turning it back on. Then open up the Find My iPhone app again and look for “AirPods” in the Find My iPhone Devices section.
Also, let’s figure out why won’t my AirPods connect to my Mac or my phone and some practical troubleshooting tips for you to fix the connectivity issue.
Ways to Fix Find My AirPods Sound Pending on the iOS Device
Apple AirPods is a fantastic product, but sometimes they don’t work as expected. If you’re facing issues with the Find My AirPods sound pending, a few things might be causing this problem.
And you already are aware of some of such reasons as mentioned in this article. So now it is time for you to learn some fixes to solve the issue.
In addition, if you wonder why my AirPods keep cutting out, here are the most common reasons and the top 9 solutions you should try to fix with ease for you.
1. Toggle the Bluetooth Option and Connect the Devices
To fix this issue, you must turn on the Bluetooth option and connect your AirPods to your iOS device.
To do that:
- Turn off the Bluetooth option.
- Turn it back on.
- Connect your AirPods with your iOS Device using the AirPods pairing technology
2. Keep Your AirPods and iOS Device in a Close Range
To fix this problem, you need to keep your AirPods and iOS device in close range. If the distance is too far, then the sound will not play. If the distance is too close, there may be problems with using them together.
3. Fully Charge the AirPods
For the next fix of the Find My AirPods sound pending problem, you should fully charge the AirPods. The battery indicator on your iOS device might not be accurate. So it’s best to assume that your AirPods need charging until you’ve tested them out.
While it’s charging, you can use the AirPods without any issues or sound delays. However, if there is a delay in hearing audio when wearing an earphone, try this. Unplug your AirPods from their case and place them directly onto the lightning cable.
Once they’re connected and powered up again and then give it another 30 seconds before moving on to the other troubleshooting steps below.
4. Enable the “Find My” Option in iCloud Settings
You can also fix the Find My AirPods sound pending problem by enabling the “Find My iPhone” option. The “Find My iPhone” can be accessed from iCloud Settings.
First, open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on iCloud. You should see a Find My iPhone option at the bottom of the screen.
Enter your Apple ID password when prompted and tap on it again to confirm your choice. This will enable this feature for your device. So you can easily track down a lost or stolen device using an iOS feature called Activation Lock.
5. Connect Your iPhone to a Stable Internet Connection
If you can’t find your AirPods and your iPhone shows the sound pending on the device, it’s possible that you’re having a connection issue.
To solve the Find My AirPods sound pending problem, make sure that your iPhone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi or cellular data connection. If necessary, turn off Airplane mode and try connecting to another Wi-Fi network.
6. Update Your iOS Device
To fix the Find My AirPods sound pending issue, you should update your iOS device to the latest version. The new version of iOS should solve the problem.
You can check for updates on your AirPods by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app & navigate to General > Software Update.
- If any updates are available, tap Install Now to start the process.
- Once installed, restart your iPhone or iPad. Restart by pressing & holding down the Sleep/Wake button. Do this until Slide to Power Off appears on the screen.
- Then slide it across with your finger before releasing the Sleep/Wake button.
7. Unpair and Pair the AirPods
If you’re having issues with the Find My AirPods sound, it can be solved by unpairing and pairing the AirPods with your iOS device. To do this:
- Open “Settings”
- Scroll down and select “Bluetooth.”
- Select the AirPods name in the list of devices connected to your iPhone.
- Tap “Forget This Device.” The AirPods will no longer be connected to your iOS device until you go through the pairing process again.
You can also reboot your iOS device by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and Home button simultaneously.
You will need to do that until a slider appears on the screen telling you that there are options available for rebooting now or later. Then swipe across this slider to perform either option with ease!
1. Why is the “Find My AirPods” sound not playing? The sound playback for “Find My AirPods” may not work due to low battery levels, connectivity issues, or software glitches.
2. How can I check the battery status of my AirPods? You can check the battery status of your AirPods by opening the Control Center on your iOS device and looking for the battery widget.
3. Can I use “Find My AirPods” without an internet connection? No, the “Find My AirPods” feature requires an active internet connection to communicate with Apple’s servers and trigger the sound playback.
4. What should I do if none of the troubleshooting steps work? If the sound pending issue persists after trying all the troubleshooting steps, it’s recommended to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
5. Is it important to keep my AirPods and iOS devices updated? Yes, keeping your AirPods and iOS devices updated is essential as updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can resolve various issues.
This article discussed the reasons and fixes for the Find My AirPods sound pending. While there are many possible reasons why this can happen, you do not need to worry. These issues can be solved by following our troubleshooting tips, as mentioned.
So, now we hope that the above solutions have helped you fix the Find My AirPods sound pending problem. If not, then try resetting your AirPods again. You can keep trying these methods until you find one that works.