If your computer is bombarded by BSOD messages of Critical_Process_Died error, you are at the perfect place; here, you will know all the information regarding the error and how to fix it.
Blue screen of death is the ultimate error that you can face in a Windows operating system; it doesn’t matter if you are using a Windows 7 system or Windows 10 or going back to XP. in each and every one of them, you are going to face BSOD error one way and the other.
The only way to tackle the error is by finding an effective solution to check out the problem for a long time or permanently remove it from the system. The error may sound new, but it has been there for a long time. Many people have reported seeing this error after Windows updates or installing some third-party app.
If you are facing an error on your computer, then you apply plenty of available solutions to fix the problem.
In this article, you will find all the methods and steps you need to take to fix the problem, and you won’t ever see the error Critical_Process_Died again.
For that to happen, you have to know what Critical_Process_Died is.
What is Critical_Process_Died?
Every BSOD screen pops out an error code. Here we have Critical_Process_Died, but compared to other errors from BSOD, here is the message that is much clearer. It tells you the problem right away, not hiding it behind the curtain with some codes.
Most of the reason why the Critical_Process_Died error shows up on a computer is due to the unauthorized face modification to the data files in windows.
That can be from multiple reasons, messing up the windows files, updating the driver, failed installation of a driver, or the wrong driver installed. All of these reasons will make a BSOD error possible on a computer.
But it is important to know that all the reasons mentioned above are not the main reason behind the error, as there are others that contribute to making the Critical_Process_Died possible. It is rather hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing the error to happen in the system.
One of the annoying things about these BSOD errors is the appearance of the error, as it will happen suddenly on a computer without any signs. You can have a brand new computer with every bit of new software and drivers installed; the chances are you will see this error even if you have everything up to date.
As I said, it is hard to know exactly what causes this error on the screen. There are over 500 BSOD errors that can happen on windows, each of them with its own code and solution. Critical_Process_Died follows the same trend; you need to apply the right method to fix the problem in time.
Best Ways to Fix Critical_Process_Died in Windows 10
Here are some of the best methods you can follow to remove Critical_Process_Died from the computer.
Method 1: Clean Boot
Clean boot will start the computer with the non-Microsoft process. Only Microsoft processes and startups will be enabled. You can uninstall corrupt software or drivers on your computer without uninstalling windows. This also has been one of the most effective approaches against the error code Critical_Process_Died.
As the entire process would take up only a few minutes of your life. The chances are high that enabling the safe mode on your computer and fixing the startup settings will cure your computer of the Critical_Process_Died BSOD disease.
Here are the steps to follow to make that happen on a computer.
- The thing to know: there are plenty of ways to boot up the computer without any non-Microsoft startup settings enabled at the launch.
- You can boot the computer several times until you see the safe mode option in the menu. Or you can open up Run by pressing the Windows key+ R
- Then here, all you need to do is type in “MSConfig.”
- This will open up System Configuration. Which tool has everything you need to make drastic changes on your computer?
- One of the features of System Configuration is the option to enable safe boot, which is what we need to do to get the system to work again.
- Here you have to make your way to the Services tab. You will see a bunch of services running at the same time; here, you will also be able to see the status of the services that are running. But at the bottom, you will see Hide all Microsoft services.
- So you can have a better visual of the service that doesn’t share the Microsoft name.
- The next step is to disable all the services that don’t belong to the Microsoft product once you have disabled all the services in the tab that belongs to third-party services that you have installed on your computer.
- Just hit apply, then press Ok. You are all set. This will restart your computer and apply all the changes you have made to the settings.
Here you can also launch the computer in safe mode and fix a startup repair. There is a high probability that following this method will remove the Critical_Process_Died or any BSOD error you are facing on your computer.
By the way, click here for everything about figuring out how to fix the error if the default gateway is not available.
Method 2: System File Checker
System File Checker is one of the tools with every version of windows. This tool is one of the most effective tools that come with the windows operating system.
One of the reasons this tool is so powerful in what it does to the system is that its value will make System File Checker one of the tools you can use for daily computer maintenance.
Especially if you are dealing with a corrupted file on your hand, removing corrupted files from your computer will make your computer much faster and will remove the Critical_Process_Died from the system forever, along with other threatening errors.
Follow the Steps Below to Start a System File Checker on Your System.
- Launch the start menu, here type in CMD
- Once you see the cmd, open it with administer privileges
- Now in the cmd box, type in ‘sfc / scannow.’
- This will consume a couple of your time, but once it’s done, you won’t see the Critical_Process_Died error on your computer.
Method 3: Scanning For Malware
Infected files will cause these issues on your system. The best way to take them out of your system is to enable Antivirus scanning.
The antivirus software will quickly detect the threat in your system and take appropriate steps to remove errors on the files without harming your computer.
Suppose you don’t have any antivirus tool installed on your computer. You can use the antivirus tool that comes with windows.
Windows defender has long been one of the best protection against viruses from the internet or any other source. By being one of the default apps that you get with the OS. Which makes the software more appealing.
You should first perform a quick scan on the computer, showing you the results faster. This will take a couple of minutes. Hence the quick name scan; once the scanning process is done, you will see the list of infected files on your computer. You can make two decisions: fix them or go for a full scan.
A full scan of the system will have the antivirus take a deep look at the installed files and folders in your system. The chances are there the antivirus toll will find a lot more threats inside your computer.
Whether the full scan or quick scan antivirus can delete the infected files from your computer, this is one of the ways to deal with the Critical_Process_Died error in the system.
Method 4: Driver Issues
Windows needs a driver to benefit from every piece of hardware installed in the system. Otherwise, every piece of hardware would go unused. Having the driver installed on the computer is crucial.
But sometimes, a failed installation or wrong version of the driver from the wrong version of the operating system can mess things up in an epic proportion.
Since many of the people online have claimed to see the error after they updated a driver. This makes Critical_Process_Died errors related to driver issues.
Following an effective solution would help you eliminate the error faster so you can go back to enjoying the computer as it was meant to be.
We need to find the driver with all the signs of corruption or problem to fix the problem.
To Do That, You Need to Follow the Simple Steps Written Below.
Make sure to follow all of them so you can erase the Critical_Process_Died from the system without creating additional problems on the system.
- First, you need to open up your My Computer or THIS PC.
- Here you need to right-click on This PC.
- On the list of options, pick ‘Manage.’
- This will open up the Device Manager. Here you will have all the drivers and devices installed on your computer.
- Now the task gets a bit complex because here, you need to find the device with an exclamation mark right next to it. This mark generally describes the problem in the devices using the resources. The problem is in the driver installed for the device to run on the computer.
- To fix the driver, you first need to uninstall the driver. You can do it by right-clicking on the device.
- Here you will see plenty of options, from updating drivers to uninstalling. While you can update the driver to fix the problem, that may not be an effective move, as most of the time, updating will result in over placing the new files over current ones. These two variations of the same file and different versions get mixed up. They will create additional issues on the computer.
- That is why you need to uninstall the driver first, once you uninstalled the driver. You need to perform a restart on the computer. This would take a couple of seconds because windows would make the system changes. The next time your computer boots up, you won’t see the device in the running state as the driver is removed from the device.
- Here you need to follow the same directions you took to uninstall the driver for the device. But instead of uninstalling the driver, you will have to click on Update driver.
- This will prompt up two one is to download the software through the internet, and the other is downloading the software from your local HDD.
- After you have finished updating the driver for devices, the next step is to restart the computer again.
Method 5: Fixing Driver Issues with Driver Easy
The methods above will fix the problem. The steps are lengthy, but they will get the job done. But if you are still facing the Critical_Process_Died error on the system. There is another way you can try to remove it.
Which is to use third-party software. This software will perfectly scan all the drivers installed on the system first. Then they will find the appropriate driver that matches the driver’s version optimized for your system configuration.
This will save you plenty of time finding the perfect software from the manufacturer’s website as you would have to repeat the same process for devices you have installed on your system.
Follow the Steps Below to Download All the Latest Drivers
- First, you need to download Driver Easy, then install it on your computer.
- Launch the app on the first page; you will see a big button named ‘Scan Now.’
- Hit it. This will make Driver Easy go through the entire system looking for a perfect driver and getting all the information to find the stable version of the driver that won’t derail the hardware.
- After the scanning, you will see all the software listed on the display for you to install. Or, sometimes, updates if you have an older version of the drivers. You have to click on update for each new update that Driver Easy found for your software.
Driver Easy is one of the best ways to fix your driver issue and remove Critical_Process_Died from the system.
Critical_Process_Died BSOD error is a common kind of BSOD error on a computer system. Many Windows user has reported seeing this error on their computer.
It is kind ga gets hard to pinpoint the region where this error originated in the computer system.
But if you follow all the methods above, you will find the perfect solution. And you will know what steps to take to avoid BSOD errors in the future if you see them on the computer.