If you have come across a win32kfull.sys error and looking for solutions, you are on the correct page. Here, let’s explain how to get rid of that error and get your computer back to normal.
Well, win32kfull.sys error can come up when you boot your system at some point or another. Needless to say, it can bother you big time and make you really frustrated. You will see that this error is holding you from working and accessing files.
So, you will need a solution urgently to address this error. So, to fix this issue, you will have to go through this article and find these solutions.
What Exactly is a Win32kfull.sys Error?
Win32kfull.sys is an important default file located in Windows OS. In addition to being an important file, it also works as a device driver in kernel mode.
This specific file is used for the purpose of establishing an efficient, successful communication line. That means a communication process between Windows OS and hardware components found in the system.
So, without the assistance of win32kfull, you cannot necessarily expect Windows to boot as expected. Instead of booting, your PC will show a bluescreen and prevent you from accessing files.
In this case, you should try fixing the win32kfull error. Also, you should know that this bluescreen error appears with several different error codes.
PS: here are the top solutions for you to fix the Windows NDIS.SYS blue screen error easily.
Mentioned Below Are Those Win32kfull.sys Error Codes for Your Reference.
With that said, we are about to learn how to fix win32kfull.sys BSOD. If you see this error on Windows operating system, you can go through this guide. Basically, we are revealing five solutions to address this issue. You can try these methods and see what’s best working for you.
Besides, if you are facing the stop code video TDR failure on Windows 10, here are the best fixes for you.
Fix 1: Fix Win32kfull.sys error by Updating the Drivers
As we have noticed, this specific error is commonly found in computers with outdated drivers. In fact, drivers are the programs that introduce hardware components to the operating system.
In other words, operating systems cannot identify the hardware components without the assistance of drivers. So, if your computer has missing, outdated, or corrupted drivers, you are likely to experience various issues. This is exactly why you are supposed to keep your drivers up-to-date all the time.
With that said, win32kfull is one of those errors you might face as a result of outdated drivers.
When it comes to updating drivers, there are two different ways to do that. You can do it manually or automatically. If you have enough time and patience, you can choose to update drivers manually.
On the other hand, you may choose to update drivers automatically for a speedy, convenient, and more accurate updating process.
How to Update Drivers Manually?
It is always important to remember that this method takes more time. Also, there is some room for mistakes when you download drivers manually.
To do this, please go to the official website of the manufacturer of the respective device. Then, search for the most recent version of the respective driver.
Also, you are supposed to choose the drivers that are compatible with the OS version you use. In addition to that, you are supposed to check the drivers one by one to find the updates.
Important: When you download drivers manually, you may end up with various fake websites that encourage you to download malware. They may even end up installing addons on your browsers to collect your information.
In this case, you should be 100% sure that you download drivers from the official website. Also, you may download incompatible versions of drivers if you do not do the research well. After all, downloading drivers manually is a tedious task. This is particularly true if you have to download multiple drivers instead of one.
So, if you are not tech-savvy, skilled, and have enough patience, an automatic driver update is the best method.
How to Update Drivers Automatically?
Well, an automatic driver update is an exceptionally convenient process that can save plenty of time. That will also make your process a lot easier compared to the manual process.
However, to do that, you should use a specific tool called Driver Easy. It is the most professional and convenient tool that can download drivers automatically on your computer. On the other hand, this tool downloads drivers from the official websites of the manufacturers.
Driver Easy will recognize the outdated or missing drivers in your system. After that, it will download drivers from the most appropriate sources. So, there is absolutely no room for error when downloading updates automatically through Driver Easy.
So, if you want to save time, make no errors and download updates efficiently, follow the steps below.
01. First, visit the official website of Driver Easy and download it. Then, get it installed on your computer in which you experience win32kfull.sys error to proceed.
02. You can now run Drive Easy and then click on the option called “Scan Now.” It is found in the main interface. As a result, Driver Easy will start scanning the computer for potentially outdated or corrupted drivers.
03. Once all the drivers are scanned, you should see a results window as well. In that, you should find a button labeled update with each outdated or missing driver. That will download the most appropriate driver from the official source.
In that case, you will have to download drivers one by one, however, and that may take some time. But it’s still a way better method compared to the manual method.
But if you need total convenience, you are supposed to go for the pro version. If you choose to go with the Pro version of Driver Easy, you can update drivers at once.
After clicking on the button labeled “Update All,” you will be able to download all the drivers at once. In fact, the Pro version of it has a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
So you don’t have to worry about the security of your payments. This option will become available when you click the “Update All” button.
04. Once the drivers are updated, you are supposed to restart the PC to proceed. That will bring new drivers activated, and your computer will function without win32kfull.sys error.
In other words, if the win32kfull is related to outdated drivers, the above method should fix it.
Fix 2: Check if There Are Any New Windows Updates Available
You already know how important it is to have updates in your operating system. With each update, your system gets some bug fixes and strengthened security measures as well. So, if you don’t update your system in a while, you are likely to experience various errors.
And, win32kfull.sys is one of the most common errors you might experience with it. So, it is always better to go ahead and check if you have any new updates available.
If you are not sure about how to perform a system update, mention below is the guide. You can follow it step by step with ease.
01. First, you should bring the search box up and select the option called “Check for Updates.” It is located at the top of the menu displayed.
02. Now, you will see a popup window. From that, you should click the option called “Check for Updates.” That is located at the right-hand pane located in the window.
03. Now, you will see that the Windows updates are getting installed automatically. Once you’ve done that, you can reboot the device and see if you still experience a win32kfull error is persisting.
Fix 3: Uninstall the Programs That Were Installed Recently
Have you started noticing win32kfull errors after installing a program or two? If that’s the case, the win32kfull.sys error may relate to those programs. So, to fix this issue, you should uninstall the program or programs.
Mentioned below is what you should do to uninstall a program from your system.
01. First, you should perform right-click on your PC’s “Start” button. After that, please choose the “Programs and Features” option to proceed to the next step.
02. Now, in the list of programs that appear, you should perform right-click on the recently installed one. Then, you will see an option called “Uninstall.” Just right-click on it.
03. You can now follow the on-screen instructions. That will complete the uninstallation process. After that, please restart the PC and see if the win32kfull error is solved.
Fix 4: Perform a System File Check
Just like we have mentioned before, win32kfull is a very important file in your operating system. If the respective file is corrupted, by any chance, you can give it a try to repair it.
In this case, you can use a built-in utility to repair it. System File Checker is the utility we intend to use how. It can fix potentially corrupted files and get them back to the normal stage. Mentioned below is how to do it.
01. Launch the search box and enter the text “Command Prompt.” After that, you should perform right-click on the CMD icon. Then, choose the option called “Run as Administrator.”
02. Now, enter the command “sfc /scannow” in the command-line interface. You can then hit enter.
03. Wait for a while so the process will be completed.
04. Restart the PC, and that will fix the issue.
Also, if you are bothered because of nvlddmkm.sys error on your computer, this article explains how to fix this issue even if you are a novice.
Fix 5: Check if the RAM is Working Properly
Check if the RAM on your computer is working correctly. If there are some issues with RAM, you might experience various errors, including win32kfull.sys.
To do that, you can use Windows Memory Diagnostic. If not, you can even use a third-party tool to check it.
So, that’s how to fix the win32kfull.sys error. If you have any other doubts, please let us know.
- What is the Win32kfull.sys file? The Win32kfull.sys file is a crucial system file in Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- What causes a Win32kfull.sys error? This error can be caused by corrupted system files, faulty drivers, or malware.
- How can I fix a Win32kfull.sys error? You can fix this error by running System File Checker, updating your drivers, or scanning for malware.
- How can I prevent future Win32kfull.sys errors? Regular system maintenance and safe browsing habits can help prevent these errors.
- Can a Win32kfull.sys error damage my computer? While it can cause disruptions, this error itself doesn’t cause physical damage. However, if it’s caused by malware, there could be additional risks.
While a Win32kfull.sys error can be frustrating, understanding the causes and solutions can make it manageable. With the right knowledge and tools, you can easily navigate this issue.