People who own the iPhone models prior to the X series know how important the touch ID is.
iPhone users employ this touch ID in order to unlock their iOS device, carry out payment, verification, and lots more.
Sometimes, one is unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone. If you come across this error, there is nothing to worry about.
Here, we will tell you about various ways to resolve the error ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone.’
So, let’s know about these amazing methods to get rid of this annoying problem.
Understanding the root cause of the problem is the first step towards solving it. Here are some common reasons why you might be unable to activate Touch ID on your iPhone:
Your iPhone’s Home button contains the Touch ID sensor, and any damage or defect to this button could result in the failure to activate Touch ID. It’s possible that there’s a hardware issue if your iPhone has suffered a fall or if the Home button feels unresponsive.
Sometimes, software glitches or bugs within the iOS system could lead to the inability to activate Touch ID. This might occur after an update, or due to corrupted system files.
Believe it or not, your environment can also affect your iPhone’s Touch ID performance. Moisture, dirt, or even cold weather can interfere with the sensor’s ability to read your fingerprint accurately.
If users have not replaced their touch sensor ever, the touch ID error could never arise due to hardware problems. Therefore, you are unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone because of some software issue.
In that case, you require an iOS repair application to resolve the error. Tenorshare ReiBoot is the best application to fix the ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone’ error.
- Tenorshare ReiBoot employs advanced technology to resolve iOS-related errors.
- While resolving the iOS error, and how to bypass the iPad passcode there will be no data loss.
- It comes with a user-friendly interface and brings out positive results.
- The application supports every iOS version, including iOS 15/16.
- Tenorshare ReiBoot does not just fix the Touch ID problems but even resolves serious issues like iPhone stuck, black screen, etc.
Steps to Fix ‘Unable to Activate Touch ID on This iPhone’:
With the help of Tenorshare ReiBoot, you can easily reinstall the iOS system entirely to resolve the error ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone.’ So, go through the instructions listed below.
Step 1: Launch the Program
In the first place, you have to download and launch the application ‘Tenorshare ReiBoot‘. From there, select the mode ‘iOS System Repair‘. Next, connect your device to your system and tap on ‘Standard Repair‘.
Step 2: Download Firmware
After that, you have to download firmware from the list given by the program. Choose the most suitable option and hit the tab ‘Download‘.
Step 3: Tap on ‘Start’
After the completion of the downloading process, the program will begin to fix the error ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone.’ For this, you have to click the button ‘Start Standard Repair ‘. Hence, the issue with the touch ID will be fixed in no time.
If you have come across the ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone’ error after restoring or updating the iOS, you need to activate your touch ID using the phone settings. It is very easy to perform this task.
Go through the following instructions carefully!
- 1: Open the iPhone Settings and look for the ‘Touch ID and Passcode‘ option.
- 2: Put in your password whenever a prompt appears.
- 3: Next, you need to adjoin a fingerprint after tapping on the ‘Add a Fingerprint‘ option.
- 4: At the appointed area, you can adjoin your fingerprint. Ensure to wipe and clean your finger before you punch in the fingerprint.
- 5: Make sure to keep the finger in three or two directions to evade irrelevant problems further.
- 6: Turn off and on your device and see if the fingerprint works now.
If the error ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone’ still persists, employ this solution to resolve the error. In this method, you need to reset the touch ID to beat this situation.
Steps to Resolve ‘Unable to Activate Touch ID on This iPhone’:
In order to fix this frustrating problem, you need to delete and reset the touch ID on your iOS device. You can do so in the following way. So, let’s have a look at the instructions below!
- 1: Tap on the icon ‘Settings‘ on your device.
- 2: Select the option ‘Touch ID & Passcode‘ from the menu. From there, look for the concerned screen for the touch ID to reset it.
- 3: Next, put in the password to proceed further and watch your fingerprints.
- 4: Slide off to erase the fingerprints.
- 5: After that, you need to put in the password.
- 6: Insert the password and verify the removal process.
- 7: Now, you are all set to reset the touch ID on your mobile device hassle-free. Hence, the error ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone’ will be fixed.
This is another method to fix the error ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone.’ It will help to unlock the touch ID without any trouble. For this, follow the steps listed below.
The steps for rebooting the device are different on different iPhone models. So, check your model and follow the instructions accordingly.
In iPhone 5s/6/6s or 6 Plus/6
- Step 1: Press-hold the sleep tab and home tab together. You will notice the message’ power off’ on display. Keep pressing the tabs even when the black screen comes up.
- Step 2: Next, an Apple logo will flash on your mobile screen. Once it appears, release all the tabs.
In iPhone 7 Plus/7
- Step 1: Press-hold the sleep tab and the volume down key.
- Step 2: Once the Apple sign appears, you need to release both the tabs.
In iPhone 8 Plus/X Series/11/12/13/14
- Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys together. Keep on pressing the side tab until the Apple sign shows on the screen. So this will reboot your system, and the touch ID problems may vanish when the device restarts.
If you are unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone, it could be due to some changes in the phone settings. Sometimes, some settings could have changed without your knowledge.
In order to resolve the issue, you can try resetting the settings on your iPhone. For this, open ‘Settings‘ on your device and tap on ‘General.’ After that, look for the option ‘Reset‘ and then click ‘Reset All Settings.’ Lastly, put in your password to verify the action.
One can fix the issue of ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone’ with this method. Here, you have to restore the factory settings on your device.
To perform this action, you can even use either Tunes or Settings.
1. Restore Factory Settings Through Settings
The instructions for performing this task are similar to those used for resetting the settings above. To restore factory settings, you need to tap on the icon ‘Settings‘ and then select the option ‘General.’
From there, look for the tab ‘Reset‘ and tap on it. Under the tab ‘Reset,’ you will find the option ‘Erase All Content and Settings.’
Once done, enter your passcode in the next window and confirm your action by clicking on ‘Erase iPhone‘. Clicking on this option will restore all the settings back to the default. In addition to this, all the data on your device will be wiped off.
2. Restore Factory Settings Through iTunes
- 1: Initially, you need to connect your phone to the system. After this, run iTunes on your system.
- 2: Put in the password as well as trust the system if asked to do so.
- 3: Select your iPhone from the listed options on the iTunes display.
- 4: Lastly, tap on the tab ‘Restore iPhone‘ and then select ‘Restore‘ on the verification display.
Once done, the factory settings will be triggered on your smartphone automatically.
Now, you know what all you have to do if you get stuck with ‘unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone.’ All of these methods are quick and effective in fixing this annoying error.
Out of all options, we suggest you go with Tenorshare ReiBoot. This application resolves the issue effectively and hassle-free. So, download the application and resolve the issue.
- Can I still use my iPhone if Touch ID isn’t working? Yes, you can still use your iPhone by entering your passcode to unlock it. However, it’s recommended to fix the Touch ID issue for a more convenient and secure experience.
- Is it safe to clean the Home button with alcohol? Avoid using alcohol or other strong cleaning agents, as they can damage the Home button. Instead, use a slightly damp, lint-free cloth to clean it gently.
- Can a third-party repair shop fix my Touch ID issue? While third-party repair shops may be able to fix the issue, it’s always best to visit an Apple Store or an authorized service center to ensure that your iPhone is handled by certified technicians.
- Will a screen protector interfere with Touch ID? A good-quality screen protector shouldn’t interfere with Touch ID functionality. However, make sure it’s installed correctly and doesn’t cover the Home button.
- What if my Touch ID issue is caused by water damage? If you suspect that water damage is the cause, turn off your iPhone immediately and let it dry for at least 48 hours before attempting to use it again. If the issue persists, take your device to an Apple Store or an authorized service center for professional assistance.
Dealing with an iPhone that refuses to activate Touch ID can be a frustrating experience, but with the information and solutions provided in this article, you’re now well-equipped to tackle the problem head-on. Remember to keep your iPhone well-maintained and updated, and don’t hesitate to seek professional help if necessary. Here’s to a future of hassle-free iPhone usage!