There are many new users who want to know how to answer calls with AirPods Pro. So, if you are one of them and have the same question, this article explains the process.
Even though it is not rocket science, the instructions below will be very handy for novice AirPods Pro users.
What Exactly Are AirPods?
Apple’s wireless Bluetooth earbuds, called AirPods, are compatible with all iOS devices. However, as Bluetooth headphones, AirPods may be used with other devices as well, even an Apple TV.
It is true that Apple gives you a free pair of wired earphones with an iPhone or any other iOS device. However, you may want to consider upgrading to AirPods due to its many benefits.
So, let’s assume that you have already purchased your AirPods. Let’s go ahead and learn more about it.
Here’s How It Works
With Apple AirPods, you can voice-announce incoming calls. Touching or double-tapping are trademarks of Apple products.
In this case, the AirPods Pro and the AirPods would function based on the same features.
Besides, if you wonder how to rename AirPods on devices like iPhone, Mac, Android, and Windows, this is the best guide to show you how to reflect AirPods’ true identity.
Making Calls on a 2nd Generation AirPods Pro
Before proceeding to learn how to answer calls with AirPods Pro, let’s learn how to make calls. Well, as you would expect, making calls using AirPods is convenient even for novices.
All you need is to have your Pods on and call “Hey Siri” to begin this process. After that, Siri will be activated. So, just give your voice command appropriately.
For instance, say, “Call the plumber” or anything that is similar, depending on your requirement. With this method, you can easily make calls using your AirPods.
Also, are you seeing that your Airpods are connected, but the sound coming from your phone? If yes, read to find out the possible reasons and fixes for the same.
Making Calls on a 1st Generation AirPods Pro
To make a call on 1st Generation AirPods Pro, you should follow the simple steps below. Just perform a double tap on the right or left pod so you can wake Siri up.
Once Siri is activated, you can simply request to make a call, as we mentioned before.
By the way, here, we will learn what is the right AirPod EQ and how to adjust the AirPods Pro equalizer so that you will have the best sound quality.
How to Answer Calls with AirPods Pro and AirPods?
Now, let’s pay attention to the main point of our write-up; how to answer calls with AirPods Pro?
Here’s a detailed guide about it, even if it is a pretty simple process.
- First, let’s assume that you get a call when the AirPods are on. In this scenario, the process is very simple.
- When you receive the call, just tap on any of the pods (right or left).
- That will help you answer the call without any trouble.
- If you want to end the call, all you need is to repeat the above steps.
- When it comes to AirPods Pro, just press the button for the force sensor. That will answer the call.
Configuring Siri to Announce the Calls
Now that you know how to answer calls with AirPods Pro, let’s learn more about it. There is a way to configure Siri so it will announce the calls you receive. Then, you can answer those calls on AirPods Pro.
As mentioned before, Siri is exceptionally helpful in making your everyday life a lot easier. Announcing your calls as they come is one of those handy features. It is a convenient feature specifically for those who live a very busy life. This is true if you don’t want to speak with someone.
In the below section, we explain how to program Siri so it will announce calls. The steps are very easy, even if you are a novice.
- You can find the configurations on the device settings.
- So, go to the settings option on the respective iPhone.
- After that, scroll down.
- Then, click on the option called “Phone.”
- Now, you should click on the option called “Announce Calls.” This will not be that hard.
- Then, you will be presented with some options. Just make sure that you pick the option that represents “Headphones and Car.”
- As a result of picking this option, Siri will announce your call automatically. In fact, this announcement will happen whenever your pods are properly connected to those devices.
Is It Possible to Answer Calls Using AirPods Pro on Android Devices?
Do you ever wonder how to answer calls with AirPods Pro on Android devices? Well, at a glance, it may sound like a pretty silly question. However, the truth is that you can use AirPods along with Android devices as well.
Also, we assume that it is very handy to be able to use iOS and Android devices simultaneously. When it comes to Android devices, you can use some of the iOS features, and that’s handy.
It May Sound a Little Strange, Though!
Once again, we should say that it sounds pretty strange. But this is absolutely possible. For instance, did you know that you can use iTunes on an Android device as well? It also gives you the option of using all the features of iTunes without any burden. In addition to that, you can even create an Apple ID.
Therefore, the ability to get your pods connected to Android devices should not be a surprise. Once it is connected, you can use your AirPods to receive calls through an Android device. After all, this is a pretty handy feature.
Now that you know, it is an excellent feature. Let’s talk about this process’s downside as well. The main drawback of this method is that it needs a bit of a workaround. It is not as convenient as configuring AirPods with an iPhone.
So, How to Make It Possible?
In this case, we are supposed to make use of the Bluetooth feature of Apple. Bluetooth can help you establish a connection with Android devices.
- First, you are supposed to find your Android device’s Bluetooth settings.
- Let’s assume that this is the first time you are going to pair your device. In this case, you should “Search” for it.
- Meanwhile, you should turn the AirPods on. Then, ensure the pairing is activated on them.
- Once the detection is completed, the AirPods might appear on the screen of the Android device. When you see the device, just tap on it so the devices will be paired. That means they will start communicating with each other.
Generally, the devices are likely to get paired without causing much trouble. However, in some cases, there can be troubles in connecting the devices. If you face such a situation, you can try the following remedy.
Just press and hold the back of the AirPods. Make sure that you wait until the light turns on.
As a result of performing this method, your AirPods will be put into pairing mode. Once you are done, you should confirm the action so the pairing will take place.
1. Can I answer calls with AirPods Pro on any smartphone?
Yes, you can answer calls with AirPods Pro on any smartphone that supports Bluetooth connectivity.
2. Do I need to manually switch my AirPods Pro to answer calls on different devices?
No, AirPods Pro can automatically switch between devices that are connected to your iCloud account, making it easy to answer calls on various devices seamlessly.
3. Can I use only one AirPods Pro to answer calls?
Yes, you can use a single AirPods Pro to answer calls. The audio will automatically transfer to the single AirPods Pro when one is removed from your ear.
4. How do I update the firmware of my AirPods Pro?
AirPods Pro firmware updates are automatically installed when your AirPods Pro are connected to an iOS device. Ensure that your device is running the latest version of iOS for seamless updates.
5. Can I adjust the call volume with my AirPods Pro?
Yes, you can adjust the call volume directly from your AirPods Pro using the volume controls on the device you are connected to.
So, that’s basically about how to answer calls with AirPods Pro. As you can realize, there are no advanced steps to follow in answering calls using AirPods. The best thing is that you can use AirPods with Android and iOS devices at the same time.
Do you have more doubts about this matter? If yes, please let us know so that we will address those issues at our earliest.