“Unlock iPhone to use accessories” is an error message related to devices that run on iOS.
This message may appear when you connect your iPhone to a Mac or a PC through a USB cable.
This error is not just related to iPhones, but it can be seen on iPads as well. This guide will explain how to fix this error with easy methods.
What Does It Mean by “Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories”?
The error “unlock iPhone to use accessories” appears because of a specific security feature integrated into Apple devices. This feature is introduced to prevent unauthorized access.
Though it sounds like a very impressive thing, it can also become a pretty annoying feature as well. When you need to connect your iOS device quickly to a computer, this feature can be a burden.
If we are to explain this more, this error message appears because of the USB restricted mode. This feature was added to iOS devices with their iOS 11 version. From that point onwards, this USB restriction feature appeared in all the iOS versions.
This restriction prevents your iOS device from connecting with a computer when it is locked. But the devices connected using lightning ports can be changed without transferring any sort of data.
If you want to access the device through the computer or share any data, it must be authorized. That means it demands you to unlock the device to connect the device with a computer and share data.
Why Did Apple Introduce This Feature?
Many individuals wonder why this specific feature is introduced to iOS. Well, the answer is straightforward. It is all about the security of your data. Thanks to the advancements in the latest technology, a large range of threats pertaining to security have emerged.
With the restriction feature introduced by Apple, your iOS device will not be able to connect to any computer. To connect, you should unlock the device using the device’s passcode, Touch ID, Face ID, etc.
As long as the device is locked, you will see the “Unlock iPhone to use accessories” message.
So, in a nutshell, the “unlock iPhone to use accessories” message appears due to a security feature.
Besides, are you receiving the warning message on your iPhone stating “liquid detected in lightning connector“? If that’s the case, let’s fix it simply.
How to Get Rid of the Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories Message?
Disabling this security feature is not the most intelligent decision you should take. All you need is to unlock the device whenever you need to connect it to a computer through USB. So, we always recommend you to have this feature.
However, if You Still Want to Disable It, Mentioned Below Are Instructions You Should Follow.
- First, you should open “Settings” on your device.
- Once you have done that, tap on the option labeled “Touch ID & Passcode” (or “Face ID & Passcode”).
- When you are on that screen, you will be able to see an option called “USB Accessories.” It is located at the bottom of the screen labeled “Allow Access When Locked.”
- Now, you should turn on the option called “USB Accessories.” Turning on this option will disable the restricted mode on your iPhone.
- After that, your device can be connected to any computer, whether it is locked. However, this is a pretty risky approach in terms of data security.
What we strongly suggest is that you keep the restriction on to prevent potential data theft. Also, if you have already turned it off, we strongly recommend you turn it on after using it.
What you should understand is that “unlock iPhone to use accessories” is not necessarily an error. In fact, it is a warning message or an alert saying that your device has a restriction. It surely prevents your device from communicating with the computer through a USB cable.
But, as mentioned before, it becomes more annoying when you need to connect a device immediately. That is exactly why individuals want to prevent this message from appearing upon connecting to a computer.
As mentioned before, preventing this message from popping up is not difficult at all. As long as you have the passcode, you can easily enter it and unlock the device.
After unlocking the device, the respective message will go away. Also, the connected peripheral or the computer will communicate with the device without any disturbance.
Consequences Associated with Fixing Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories Message
As mentioned in this article, fixing the “unlock iPhone to use accessories” message is possible. However, doing so will put your device at new risk.
If you disable the mechanism that brings up this message, it leads to a security threat. That means your device is allowed to connect with any device without any warning. You don’t have to unlock the device if you disable the mechanism, in a nutshell.
If you disable this setting on your device, it will fix iPhone not charging through the USB cable as well (click to fix iPhone stuck on the spinning wheel).
What Can You Do if the Screen Passcode is Forgotten?
You should know the device’s passcode to bypass the unlock iPhone to use the accessories message. So, what if you have already forgotten your device’s screen passcode?
After all, we all tend to forget our passcodes due to various reasons. So, what can you do about it? In this section, we offer a solution to that issue as well.
In this case, you will have to find a way to unlock the device without the passcode. The best option is to use a lock removal tool and bypass the lock screen. Tenorshare 4uKey is the most successful tool you can rely on for this purpose.
This tool comprises a smart algorithm that can reset the iOS device’s passcode with simple steps.
If you wonder how to unlock your iPhone without passwords, try this professional tool.
- It can reset your iOS device’s screen passcode through several steps.
- You can use it to remove Apple ID from any iOS device without any hassle.
- It can even reset the restriction passcode on any iOS device, even if you don’t have the original.
- Tenorshare 4uKey can bypass all screen locks applied on your iOS device (more ways to bypass the Android lock screen without resetting). For instance, it can unlock 4-digit passcode, Face ID, 6-Digit passcode, and Touch ID.
- Tenorshare 4uKey is an all-inclusive program with a very friendly user interface. You can easily use it even if you don’t have prior knowledge about it.
If you have forgotten the device’s passcode and want to unlock it, follow the instructions below. Before you start unlocking the device, go to the official website of Tenorshare and download 4uKey.
Then, Get It Installed to Proceed to the Steps Below.
01. As the first step, you should connect the respective iPhone to the computer. Make sure you use a compatible USB cable to establish the connection and avoid potential interruptions. Also, check if the computer detects the device as it is connected.
02. Now, you should open Tenorshare 4uKey on the computer to see the home screen. Choose the option “Unlock iOS Screen,” which appears on the application’s main interface.
03. Once you have done that, click the “Next” button. After that, Tenorshare 4uKey will perform a search on the compatible firmware for the connected iOS device.
When the respective firmware is found, you should click on the “Download” button so the downloading process will begin.
04. After the download, you can click “Start to Remove” to start removing iPhone passcode.
05. That’s it. Your iPhone’s screen will be unlocked to use accessories in a moment.
How to Avoid This Error in the Future
Keep your iPhone updated regularly. This not only helps in avoiding such errors but also ensures your device performs at its best.
Use Authentic Apple Accessories
Apple highly recommends using its certified accessories. This is to ensure your device’s safety and optimum performance.
1. Why am I seeing the ‘Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories’ error? This error is a security feature that prevents unauthorized access to your iPhone when it’s connected to a computer.
2. How can I resolve this error? You can resolve this error by updating your iOS, restarting your iPhone, trusting the computer, checking your lightning connector, or using different accessories. If all else fails, resetting your iPhone settings may help.
3. Does restarting my iPhone really help? Yes, restarting your iPhone can clear minor glitches that might be causing this error.
4. Why should I use authentic Apple accessories? Using authentic Apple accessories ensures your device’s safety and optimum performance. Non-certified accessories can often cause issues.
5. How can I avoid this error in the future? To avoid this error in the future, keep your device updated, trust your computer when prompted, and use authentic Apple accessories.
Facing the ‘Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories’ error can be frustrating, but with the steps outlined above, you should be able to resolve it effectively. Keep your device updated, trust your computer when prompted, and use authentic Apple accessories to prevent this error in the future.