“My Instagram stories not working for the past two days. I tried to post a photo in Stories through the gallery as well, but it didn’t work for me. I can just see a black screen. Can someone fix it for me? I have no clue about it. Please!”
We have noticed several queries similar to the above recently on several forums. It looks like a significant number of Instagram users find that their Instagram stories are not working.
If you are among one of those annoyed Instagram users, you can consider this article as a comprehensive guide. As a matter of fact, the Instagram stories not working issue can emerge due to various reasons.
Regardless of how it has occurred on your iOS device, let’s learn how to get this issue fixed.
01. Reboot Your iOS Device if Its Instagram Stories are Not Working
One of the simplest yet very effective methods to try if Instagram stories are not working is performing a restart. In fact, iPhones can start to cause some trouble due to software glitches.
Those minor software glitches can often be fixed just with a restart. Instagram is an app installed on your iPhone too, and it can experience some issues due to minor glitches.
With that said, please follow the below to reboot your iOS device. Please note that the methods vary depending on the version of the iPhone you use.
PS: what if your Instagram videos are not playing? Here are the top solutions for you.
● If You Are Using iPhone 8 or Newer Model
You should press and hold the power button with any volume button for iPhone X users. You should hold these buttons until you see the screen’s slider.
Then, drag the item so you can turn off the device. Wait a while and press the power button once again to see the Apple logo.
Besides, you will feel frustrated and annoyed when an Instagram post is stuck on sending. Don’t worry; here are some practical solutions for you to fix it quickly.
● If You Use an iPhone 7 or Older
If you are using iPhone 7 or an older model, here’s what you should do. First, you should press the power button (which is located on the top or side) and hold it.
This will bring up the slider. Now, you should drag the slider and turn the device off. After a while, press the power button once again to see the Apple Logo.
Now, check if the Instagram stories not working are persisting.
And also, click to figure out does Instagram notify when you screenshot a post.
02. Force Close the Instagram App if Your Instagram Stories are Not Working
Force closing the Instagram app is another simple solution you can try without any complexity.
In fact, force closing the app takes only a couple of seconds and doesn’t require any third-party apps.
Force closing the Instagram app can fix the issue if something is wrong with the app itself. After all, trying a force closing doesn’t do any harm at all.
Therefore, trying a force close should be considered a solution to this issue.
- When you’re on the home screen, swipe up from the bottom toward the middle. Double-tap on the home button if you use an iPhone 8 or an older model. This will lead to the app navigator.
- Once you are on the app navigator, be sure to find the Instagram app. After that, you should close it by swiping it away.
- Once you have done that, launch the Instagram app once again and see if it works.
03. Update the Instagram App
Updating the Instagram app will be the next practical solution if the above solution has not worked for you. This solution works particularly well if Instagram stories are not working after an iOS update.
This can be done simply by following the steps below.
- First, you should tap on the App Store and open it. After that, please tap “Updates,” located at the bottom of the page.
- Then, please tap on “Update All.” If not, you should scroll down and locate the Instagram app. Then, you can update it separately.
04. Clear the App Cache of Instagram
If none of the options have worked for you so far, let’s clear the app cache. In many cases, clearing the app cache can solve the issue for many users without much trouble.
Clearing the app cache can resolve many errors pertaining to the apps and get them working smoothly.
Please follow up on the guide to clear the app cache of Instagram.
- First, you should tap on the “Settings” app on the iPhone to begin the process.
- Launch the “General” icon and then go to iPhone Storage.
- Once your storage and data are opened, you should scroll down further and find the option “Instagram.” You should then see the option that displays the app’s total size.
- You should tap on the same and select “Delete App.”
- Once the app is uninstalled, you should reinstall the same as a fresh copy.
- Check if the app works.
By the way, let’s figure out how to view private Instagram with no survey.
05. Disable the Power Saving Mode on Your iPhone
If you have put your iPhone on Power Saving mode, it can cause some apps to function weirdly. In this case, you should disable the Power Saving mode and see if the iPhone functions as usual.
You can accomplish this very simple process by following the instructions mentioned below to fix the Instagram stories not working issue.
- Go to “Settings” & then choose “Battery.”
- Then, you should turn off the “Low Power Mode” option.
If not, you can even consider accomplishing the same task through the Control Center.
06. Check if the Date and Time on the iPhone are Correct
You must ensure that the time and the date of the iPhone are correct. It should be set to update automatically.
To do that, you should follow the simple steps below.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “General.”
- Then, find the “Date & Time” option and turn on the “Automatically Update.”
In addition, if you wonder how to reply to messages on Instagram, this guide you should check out.
07. Uninstall the Instagram App and Reinstall it
If you are yet to succeed even after trying all those methods above, you should try a reinstallation. You should uninstall the Instagram app from your iPhone and reinstall it through the App Store.
Please follow the below steps to perform an Instagram reinstallation.
- First, you should go to your Home Screen and then locate the Instagram app. Now, tap and hold until you see the icons wiggling.
- You can tap on the “X” icon that can be found next to the app now. Confirm your action so Instagram will be completely removed from the iPhone.
- Once you have done that, you should go back to the App Store and locate the Instagram app. Then, install the app and check if the Instagram stories work as expected.
If none of the above options have worked for you so far, Tenorshare ReiBoot is the best solution. Tenorshare ReiBoot can fix any iOS-related issues on your iOS device and make it perform smoothly.
ReiBoot is designed specifically for iOS users who want to repair their devices with minimal effort. Also, it allows you to fix the issues quickly with a couple of easy steps.
So, if your Instagram stories are not working due to an iOS glitch, ReiBoot can surely fix it.
Please Find Below a Guide to Fixing the Issue Using ReiBoot.
- First, you should download Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer and get it installed.
- Now, connect the faulty iPhone to the same computer.
- Click on the “Start” option to proceed.
- Once you have done that, click on “Fix Now.”
- Hit the option “Download” so the firmware for the iPhone will be downloaded.
- Wait patiently for a while so the firmware installation will be completed to repair the iPhone.
- Your device will be fixed, and all its functions will work smoothly.
Well, as you can see, the most convenient solution to use if Instagram stories are not working is Tenorshare ReiBoot. It saves your time and addresses all the iOS glitches on your iPhone in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why are my Instagram Stories not uploading?
There could be several reasons, including a poor internet connection, outdated app, or Instagram server issues. Try troubleshooting with the steps mentioned above.
2. Can I retrieve a Story that failed to post on Instagram?
Unfortunately, if a Story fails to post and wasn’t saved to your device, there’s no way to retrieve it.
3. Why can’t I see others’ Stories on Instagram?
If you can’t view others’ Stories, it may be because they’ve hidden their Stories from you, or it could be due to app glitches or network issues.
4. How do I report a problem to Instagram?
You can report issues directly via the Instagram app. Navigate to “Settings,” then “Help,” and then “Report a Problem.”
5. Why is my Instagram Story blurry?
If your Instagram Story is blurry, it might be because of low resolution of the original image or video, or a poor internet connection while uploading.
6. Why can’t I add music to my Instagram Story?
The ability to add music to Instagram Stories depends on your region due to copyright restrictions. If you’re in a supported region and still facing issues, try updating your app.
“Instagram Stories not working” is a common issue experienced by many Instagram users worldwide. But with the right troubleshooting steps, you can resolve these issues and ensure a seamless Instagram experience.