iCloud is used for a variety of things. It can be used on an iPhone, Mac, and any other computer for saving data.
Additionally, it helps you to store contacts. You simply need to configure iCloud on the iPhone as well as Mac. Doing this will help you synchronize some contact present on your Mac computer if you edit a contact on your iPhone. This process saves time for changing or editing a contact on both iPhone and Mac computers.
Sometimes, a problem of ‘iCloud contacts not syncing’ occurs, and we don’t know how to fix this. This is when software like dr.fone Backup & Restore (iOS) comes in handy if some common fixes don’t work.
So in this article, we will discuss how to fix the problem of iCloud contacts not syncing and how to use professional third-party software when everything else fails.
One of the primary reasons behind iCloud contacts not syncing is having upgraded to the latest version of the iPhone’s operating system.
After upgrading the OS, sometimes the default settings of the contacts in the iPhone get applied again. So iCloud cannot update data during synchronization. Follow the below steps to prevent iCloud contacts from not syncing.
Step 1: Go to Syncing settings
On your iPhone, go to the ‘General menu.’ After this, select ‘iCloud’ and then ‘Turn off contacts in iCloud.’
Now you need to go to ‘Power off Device’ and, after giving a few seconds, put on the device’s power again.
In the end, tap on ‘Turn on contact syncing again.’ This whole process may help when iCloud contacts not syncing.
Step 2: Perform account details check
If the above step does not work, then you can follow these steps if you have multiple accounts. On your iPhone, go to ‘Settings’ and ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars.’
Now tap on ‘iCloud’ and then finally click on ‘Delete Account.’ After these steps, it is mandatory to restart the iPhone.
You must attach your account to the device again and then restart it again.
Sometimes, iCloud contacts do not sync when you have added contacts in an Outlook account, but it still does not appear in the contacts folder of iCloud. Follow the following steps to correct such a problem:
1. You should have the current version of the control panel of iCloud. If not, upgrade it at https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204283
2. Open your Outlook account, then log into it. Click on ‘File’ and then select the iCloud menu. Remove the email account that you have and close it.
3. After the above step, select the ‘Data File’ option and the iCloud menu again. Remove your email account and close it.
4. Now, you need to sign into the iCloud app, for which you need to click on the Windows button, select Control Panel, and then click on iCloud.
5. Now select ‘Setup iCloud Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks.
6. Reopen Outlook, and in the end, it will prevent the iCloud contacts not syncing problem.
We strongly want to suggest dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) to you. dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) is a software that helps you in data recovery on both your Android and iOS devices.
You won’t face iCloud contacts not syncing if you download it. Additionally, it will also help you with data backup and restoration. Here are some stunning features of dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS):
- One press backs up the entire iOS device on a computer
- Enables a selective export of contacts from your iPhone to the computer.
- Allow an easy preview
- No loss of data during the restoration process
- Be compatible with all iPhones, which run on iOS 8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16.
- It can be used on macOS 13 and Windows 11
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers
Follow the below listed steps to use dr.fone and solve the problem of ‘iCloud contacts not syncing.’
1. Download the software and open it on the PC. Choose ‘Phone Backup.’ After doing this, connect your device to your computer, and dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) will detect the iPhone.
2. dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) will detect every file in your iPhone. Start by searching for the file that needs backing up. Select that particular file and select ‘Backup.’ Wait for some time for the process to take place. If you select a bigger file, the longer it will take.
3. Select ‘Export to the PC.’
4. All the contacts on iCloud will get synced to your PC after some time.
Hence, we can see how we can solve the problem of ‘iCloud contacts not syncing’ by using the various fixes mentioned in this article, and if these fixes don’t work, we have software like dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) to help us out.