As you know, users get only a storage space of 5GB for free on iCloud. Once you reach the storage limit of iCloud, it becomes a huge problem for users. If you have synced too much data on iCloud, you can face this problem soon.
Most users think of buying more space on iCloud. It seems the only solution to this problem is for these users. However, there are other solutions to get rid of this problem. You can free up the storage space on iCloud.
We are not saying to delete the data altogether but create a backup for the same. You can perform this task in various ways. Let’s move on to these amazing ways to resolve the issue of iCloud storage full.
PS: Click to know more if your Apple ID has been disabled.
Before moving on, it is important for you to know how to check the storage space on iCloud. If you know this, it is better. If not, you have to pay attention to this.
To check the storage space, tap “Settings” and then choose the tab “iCloud.” You can see the storage options like total storage, available space, and managing storage.
Part 1: Remove Videos and Photos from iCloud
Videos and photos generally take a lot of iCloud storage space. It is the main reason that you face the issue of iCloud storage full too soon. Therefore, your first option is to delete videos and photos on iCloud.
Do not delete them altogether; you can create a backup of your important videos and photos beforehand. In this way, you would not part with your precious memories. You can store them on your computer before deleting them from the iCloud account.
Part 2: Clear the Backup Space
Backups also take up a lot of storage space on iCloud. These backups are the other reason for iCloud storage full. So, clear these things to create more space on iCloud. You can do this in the following way:
- Visit Settings and tap “iCloud.” From there, select “Storage & Backup.”
- Choose “Manage Storage.”
- After that, switch OFF the button against applications. Only those applications that you do not like to back up. From the prompt window, press “Turn Off & Delete.”
Part 3: Get Rid of the Unnecessary Backup
There is another way to get rid of the issue of “iCloud storage full.” You can stop creating an unnecessary backup of some applications. For this, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Visit Settings and tap “iCloud.”
- Now, select the tab “Storage” and then “Manage Storage.”
- You need to select a device that you like to manage.
- Under the tab “Backup Options,” switch OFF the toggle against applications that you no longer like to sync with iCloud.
Part 4: Uninstall & Reinstall Apps
Over some time, several applications bloat as these apps store cache and data locally to perform faster.
The act of reinstalling these apps after uninstalling them deletes the cached storage data. It eventually results in creating more storage space on iCloud.
You can know what all applications take the maximum storage space in a few easy steps. The steps include the following:
- Visit “Settings” on your device and tap “General.”
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage.” In the section “Storage,” tap “Manage storage.”
- You can see here how much space all applications take on your device. Click against any of these applications and tap “Delete” to uninstall it. You can delete these apps normally by taking them off the Home screen.
Part 5: Purchase More Storage Space
If you do not want to take anything off iCloud, you can opt for the ultimate solution. The best way to get rid of this problem is to purchase more storage space on iCloud. You have to take some money out of your pocket for this.
In case you have made up your mind. The following steps will help you to upgrade the storage space on iCloud:
- Go to the application “Settings” and tap “iCloud.”
- From the tab “iCloud,” you need to select “Storage & Backup.”
- Click on “Buy More Storage” and choose the desired plan.