Years ago, if someone were to mention online streaming, we would assume they were talking about Netflix.
Nowadays, this isn’t the case. There are premium online services like Amazon Prime and Netflix and on-demand streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer.
There are plenty of streaming sites available, and if you watch a lot of television, it’s easy to forget how many subscriptions you have.
On the other hand, if you want to cancel one of your subscriptions, it’s not always a straightforward process.
In particular, users aren’t aware of how to cancel Starz on Amazon.
What Makes Starz Different?
Starz is a similar platform to Showtime because although it is a premium streaming service, it was originally (and still is) a satellite television network.
With a subscription, you can watch a wide variety of movies and TV shows, both old and new, and from pretty much any device. Like many of their competitors, they also showcase a selection of exclusives, including the popular Outlander series.
Starz currently has a free trial, which lasts one week and gives you full access to all account features. You can watch from anywhere and on any device, stream on four devices simultaneously (share your account and split the bill!), and all the content you watch will be HD.
So, even though Starz isn’t as popular as Netflix, it shouldn’t be forgotten because it has a lot of potentials to grow, and given the exclusives, it’s worth a quick browse. That aside, if you don’t want your subscription anymore, you’ll want to cancel Starz.
Besides, you will get to know the top girl YouTubers for your reference.
Reasons to Cancel Starz
Starz is like any other streaming platform in many ways. Here are some main reasons users choose to cancel their subscriptions.
- Cost. Starz isn’t incredibly expensive and is on par with Netflix’s subscription costs. However, adding your Starz subscription to your Amazon Prime account is about $13 a month.
- Lack of Content. By this, we don’t mean Starz only has a few shows. They have plenty of shows and even some exclusives. But you might find that there aren’t many shows available that you enjoy.
- You Don’t Use It. You might not use Starz. Even though it’s not crazy expensive, if you aren’t watching any of the shows on Starz, then there’s no point in paying a monthly fee for it.
- Too Many Subscriptions. To top it off, if you’ve been subscribing to more and more streaming platforms over the years and are noticing how much of your money is spent on them, it could be time to cancel a few subscriptions.
PS: You can also click to find out how to delete the continued watching on Netflix.
Methods to Cancel Your Starz Subscription
Canceling your Starz subscription can be done in a few different ways. You can do it through an online browser, Android device, and even Amazon Prime.
Also, have you ordered something from Walmart but now want to cancel it? If yes, then read to know how to cancel a Walmart order in a few easy steps.
Steps to Cancel Starz
First, we will look at how you can cancel your subscription using a web browser on your computer. This is the simplest way, as it’s easier to navigate their website than on a smartphone.
- Step #1 – On your computer, open your preferred browser, and in the address bar, go to Starz.com.
- Step #2 – Click “Log In” and enter your account information to sign in.
- Step #3 – Once you are in your account, scroll to the bottom of the site, and below “Account,” click the “Subscriptions” button.
- Step #4 – You’ll be taken to your account’s subscription page, and from here, press “Cancel Subscription,” select a reason, and finally click on “Continue Cancellation.”
After doing this, you will no longer receive a monthly bill for your Starz subscription.
Steps to Cancel Starz on Android
On the other hand, you might not have access to a computer. In this case, you may be able to cancel Starz through your Google account.
This isn’t an option for everyone – only subscribers who used their Google account for Starz will be able to manage their subscription through Google Play Store.
So, if you did subscribe to Starz with your Google Play Store account, here are the steps to cancel it.
- Step #1 – Unlock your Android device and open the “Google Play Store” application.
- Step #2 – Locate and tap on the menu icon and select “Subscriptions” from the list of options.
- Step #3 – You’ll now see all of the current subscriptions; locate and tap on Starz.
- Step #4 – Next, you must tap on “Cancel,” and when the confirmation button appears, tap “Yes.” This will confirm that you want to cancel Starz.
This may be easier for some users if they originally had their subscription through Google Play Store. Of course, even if you do your Android device unless you subscribe with the Play Store, you won’t be able to cancel it with this method.
Steps to Cancel Starz with Amazon Prime
Just like the previous solution, you can also cancel your Starz account if you have a subscription through Amazon Prime.
- Step #1 – Open a web browser on your computer and sign in to your Amazon account.
- Step #2 – After signing in and going to your account page, click the “Accounts & Lists” menu.
- Step #3 – From the list of options that appear, click on “Memberships & Subscriptions.”
- Step #4 – Locate “Prime Video Channels” and click this option.
- Step #5 – Finally, locate the Starz channel, and below the “Actions” heading, click on “Cancel Channels.” Click “Confirm” to finalize your cancellation.
You can use this method if you link your Amazon Prime account with Starz or if your subscription has always been a part of your Amazon account.
Alternatives to Starz
Perhaps Starz wasn’t fulfilling your needs and didn’t offer the type of content that piqued your interest. If that’s the case, here are a few other streaming platforms to look into.
- HBO Now. With Game of Thrones coming to an end, more people have been subscribing to HBO Now. While this is their most popular show, you also get access to shows like the devastating Chernobyl and the comedic Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- Showtime. Showtime is another great alternative to Starz. Their platform doubles as a catch-up for their satellite channel and has plenty to watch. TV shows like Shameless, exclusives like The Chi, and numerous documentaries and sports broadcasts.
- YouTube Premium. A more recent streaming option is YouTube Premium. The main selling point of this service is that you can remove ads from your videos and even watch them offline. However, YouTube has several originals, such as Sherwood, Wayne, and the State of Pride.
If you wish to know how to cancel Twitch Prime, click to read more.
As popular as Netflix and Amazon Prime are, that’s not to say they’re the best. Starz is just one of these streaming giants’ competitors, and there are plenty of others.
One of the main reasons to choose a less popular platform is its exclusives. Starz has shows like American Gods and The White Princess, while NOW TV has Atlanta and Billions.
If these aren’t convincing enough, at least you now know how to cancel Starz on Amazon. Each of the methods we’ve shown above will halt your subscription and save you some money.