The content of this article will explain how to cancel the CBS All Access service properly. If you already are a CBS All Access subscriber and want to cancel it, this is a must-read article.
In addition, we intend to expose some other useful information about the CBS All Access service.
CBS All Access Service
It is interesting to see how sophisticated the television industry has become over the past decade. Today, you can see various television entertainment packages under different technologies.
Newer networks and channels are added to this collection pretty frequently, and users have no shortage of entertainment sources. Modern-day companies tend to introduce their channels under one package, so you don’t need to be restricted by old-school cables.
CBS All Access is one of those innovative television networks that can impress entertainment lovers.
Some of the content streamed through CBS is available only for CBS All Access subscribers. In other words, if you need to experience the premium facilities, you should subscribe to CBS All Access.
This service makes it a strong contender among similar services like Netflix, HBO, etc. You can view viral video content if you are a CBS All Access user.
For instance, it offers CSI, Discovery, Star Trek, Big Brother, NFL, NBA, American Gothic, etc. Those who watch CBS primetime shows know they can access those programs via Hulu.
However, the catch is that Hulu doesn’t offer unlimited access to those content. That means Hulu has some restrictions when it comes to Primetime shows. In that case, you will have to become a CBS All Access subscriber if you need unrestricted access.
When it comes to the affordability factor, CBS All Access is an excellent option. If you want to enjoy their ad-free service, the subscription cost would be $9.99 per month.
Nevertheless, if you need a more affordable option, choose the ad-supported version (which costs only $5.99 per month). It also offers you a free trial period (for a week). This is a very good option, so you can decide whether or not to subscribe to it.
For the money you pay, they allow you to watch CBS programs excluding All Access programs. Also, they let you use that subscription on two different devices simultaneously.
CBS All Access is also compatible with Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Xbox One, and plenty of other streaming devices. Besides, you can watch CBS All Access programs through their app on smartphones or tablets.
Can you cancel your CBS All Access subscription?
What if you feel like stopping using your CBS All Access subscription? Or what if you use it to watch regular content only until new content is broadcast? Yes, the simplest answer is to cancel your CBS All Access subscription.
It is possible to cancel your CBS All Access subscription for now and get it back later on. As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, we’ll explain how to cancel CBS All Access.
As you might already know, many other streaming services like CBS All Access exist. In general, users don’t have to go for a contract with these streaming service providers (fortunately!).
CBS All Access has a similar type of characteristics, so you don’t have to worry. That means you can cancel your CBS All Access subscription at any given time and re-subscribe whenever you need it.
Also, find out how I can activate STARZ effortlessly here.
How to cancel your CBS All Access subscription?
Now you know it is POSSIBLE to cancel CBS All Access, let’s learn how to do it. The method you should use to cancel the subscription can vary. That depends on the way you have signed up for the respective subscription.
For instance, if you have subscribed to CBS All Access through their company, you should use their official website. The official website for CBS All Access lets you handle the account administration.
Canceling, modifying, or renewing CBS All Access accounts should be done using the official website. To get it done, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, get signed in to your CBS All Access account to begin the process.
- Then, navigate to the “My Account” page.
- You should then see a “Cancel My Subscription” option.
- Click on this option to confirm that you need to cancel it.
- You will also have to point out why you must cancel CBS All Access.
- After that confirmation, your CBS All Access account will be canceled.
You should know that the usual rules are applicable in the process. You will still be able to access your CBS All Access account until the current subscription period ends.
That means that if you have ten more days remaining upon cancellation, your account will remain active for ten days. That means you don’t necessarily want to wait till the end of a subscription period to cancel it.
You can do it before the subscription ends. At the expiry of the subscription, you will lose access. If you need access once again, the process is simple. Just subscribe to it once again and enjoy the services.
How to cancel your CBS All Access account using iTunes?
Are you an Apple user? If so, you can manage every subscription you are entitled to through iTunes as well. iTunes is an official tool provided by Apple, and it can become handy in various situations for any user.
iTunes retains all the details, such as payment information and credit card details, in a single place. So, you can use iTunes to get rid of your CBS All Access account.
Below are the steps you should take to cancel CBS All Access based on different devices.
In addition, if your CBS all access is not working, at least one of the options here should work as a solution for your “CBS app not working” error. Just try it.
If you are using a Mac;
- First of all, you should log into iTunes. To do this, you will have to use the Apple ID.
- Then, select the “Account” option and go to the “View My Account” option.
- Enter the respective password for this account and choose the “View Account” option.
- You can go to the Settings app and select the “Manage” option. This option is located next to “Subscriptions.”
- You can now select CBS All Access account.
- Select the “Cancel Subscription” option.
If you are using an iPhone or an iPad;
- Go to the Settings app and select the “iTunes & App Store” option.
- You should now have to provide your Apple ID to sign in to the account.
- Select the “Subscriptions” option and then go to the “CBS All Access” option.
- After selecting “CBS All Access,” you can select the “Cancel Subscription” option to complete the process.
Please note that the same set of rules are applied here, just like you have done through CBS. You will still be able to access the premium content you have already subscribed to.
The access will remain until the respective subscription period ends. You will then be able to subscribe to the service once again if you need to get it back.
How to cancel your CBS All Access account via Roku?
Are you using Roku to watch streaming? If so, the canceling process would be different from the previous methods.
In this case, you will have to alter the subscription using the Roku website or Roku Channel Store. You would have assumed this by now after observing the previous sections of this article.
In simplest terms, canceling CBS All Access through Roku is a pretty simple process, just like the previous methods.
Below are the steps to take if you want to cancel your CBS All Access account on Roku.
- First, go to the Home Screen of the Channel Store on the Roku device you are using.
- Then, choose the “CBS All Access” option under the channel list.
- Then, you will have to select the “Manage Subscription” option.
- You can now select the “Cancel Subscription” option.
Likewise, you can cancel any of the other channel subscriptions through Roku’s website.
As you might have realized, CBS All Access and the other streaming options are wonderful sources of entertainment. Watching content like CSI, Discovery, Star Trek, Big Brother, NFL, NBA, American Gothic, etc., is exceptionally convenient.
However, regardless of the content they stream, you may feel bored with any channel. Thankfully, none of those services offer strict contracts. These services usually offer monthly subscriptions, which are very flexible. As a result, canceling their subscriptions is a very convenient process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: Can I cancel my CBS All Access subscription at any time? A: Yes, you can cancel your CBS All Access subscription at any time by following the provided cancellation steps.
- Q: Will I receive a refund if I cancel my CBS All Access subscription before the end of the billing cycle? A: CBS All Access does not typically offer refunds for canceled subscriptions. However, you will still have access to the service until the end of the current billing period.
- Q: Can I re-subscribe to CBS All Access after canceling? A: Yes, you can re-subscribe to CBS All Access at any time by signing in to your account and reactivating your subscription.
- Q: Are there any penalties or fees for canceling CBS All Access? A: No, CBS All Access does not impose penalties or fees for canceling your subscription.
- Q: Can I download shows and movies from CBS All Access before canceling? A: CBS All Access allows downloading content for offline viewing on supported devices. However, downloaded content might become inaccessible once your subscription is canceled.
So, that is exactly how to cancel the CBS All Access account when needed. We hope this article will help our novice CBS All Access users.
We would appreciate it if you could leave a comment below mentioning your overall experience with CBS All Access. Thanks for reading, and good luck!