Even with all the high acclaims that it has been getting from its users, the iPhone lineup is far from being flawless.
In fact, if you will ask any of those iPhone users on the streets, one or several of them will probably tell you that the most common issue they have to deal with is none other than iPhone Stuck in boot loop or iPhone reboot loop.
Users have observed that because of bad updates or malware, the iPhone ends stuck up in a boot loop. The Apple logo just remains to flash on the screen and the device will not boot and will restart instead. It will then continue to repeat time and time again, which will then form the iPhone reboot loop.
In case this is exactly the problem that is bothering you right now, there is really no need to worry because there are five proven solutions that are guaranteed to help put an end to that annoying boot loop of your iPhone.
What Causes iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop?
There could actually be several reasons why an iPhone boot loop can take place. Before exploring the different methods on how you can resolve the boot loop issue with your iPhone, it is a must first to understand what will really cause this problem beforehand.
More often than not, a bad update could be the leading cause of the boot loop issue on your iPhone. When you are trying to update your iOS, and the whole process suddenly halts in between, this could then be the cause of this annoying problem as well. There are even instances when even after the update has been completed, your phone could still malfunction, which will then lead to this concern.
Meanwhile, when your device has been jailbroken, there is also a chance that it could become infected by a malware attack. To avoid this from happening, you must refrain from downloading applications from unreliable sources since this can also make your device end up in a boot loop.
There are instances when a malfunction in any of the drivers or bad hardware might also cause this problem. Good thing that there are lots of ways for overcoming it. Read on to uncover the different steps to solve your iPhone reboot loop, and take one step at a time.
Solution 1: Fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop Issue with a Force Restart
It is probably among the easiest and simplest solutions for breaking the reboot loop of your iPhone. All you need to do is force restart your device to break its ongoing power cycle.
You can do this by merely doing a long press on the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time for a minimum of 10 seconds. Your device will vibrate then, and the reboot loop will be broken.
This particular method is found to work on all devices except the iPhone 11 and iPhone XS Max. For those who own either of these two mentioned devices, you should press the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time so that you can restart your device.
Besides, for AirPods not connecting to Mac issues, here are the best fixes for you. Also, click here to find out how to cancel the iPhone update.
Solution 2: Use iTunes to Fix iPhone Reboot
Did you know that you can use iTunes to break the iPhone reboot loop and restoring its backup during the process as well? Even after you put your device on Device Firmware Update or DMU or recovery mode, you can follow this method for restoring your device.
Below are the steps on how to break the reboot loop of your iPhone.
1. Connect your iPhone to the system using a lighting cable, then launch iTunes.
2. In a matter of seconds, iTunes is going to detect an issue with your device and then display a pop-up message. The only thing you need to do is click on the Restore button to resolve the issue.
3. If you don’t get the pop-up, you can restore your device manually as well. Just click on the Summary part of your device and below the tab of Restore Backups, just click on Backup. You can wait for some time since iTunes is going to restore your iPhone.
Tenorshare UltData is actually a professional data recovery tool for iPhones that will help you fix your iPhone system to normal as well as recover lost files from iTunes backup, iCloud backup, and iPhone.
Below Are Some of the Features You Might Like About UltData:
- Supports nine various languages, and these include French, English, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, and much more. Tenorshare has served tons of users in over 200 countries, and this is known by Cult of Mac.
- Supports recovering data directly from the device or extracting data from iCloud or iTunes backup selectively.
- The preview function will allow you to preview the files you’d want to keep and the ones you like to get rid of forever.
- It supports to recovery of over 22 various file types on every iOS device.
- Repair your iOS from different problems, including iPhone white SOD (screen of death), iPhone will not turn on without losing any data, and iPhone being stuck in recovery mode.
1. The first thing that you should do is download the software on your computer. Once done, proceed to the installation process. Run the software on your PC after the installation. Click on the option “Fix iOS system.”
2. Connect your device to your computer and wait for the UltData to recognize this.
3. The program will look for the corresponding firmware package for your iPhone. Hit the Download button, and this might take a few minutes to download the firmware.
4. After verifying and downloading the firmware package, UltData will start the repair process, which could take only several minutes. Now, your device will be back to its normal mode and will work just as you want it to.
Tenorshare UltData makes it very easy for everyone to fix iPhones stuck in the boot loop or iPhone reboot loop. It’s also easy and quick, and aside from that, you won’t lose any data on your iPhone.
Solution 4: Fix iPhone Boot Loop with dr.fone System Repair
If you will follow most of the other ways for breaking the boot loop in your iPhone, there is a possibility that you will be losing your precious data.
Thus, if you would like to recover your iPhone that got stuck in a boot loop without suffering from any data loss, the Dr.fone – iOS Repair (iOS System Recovery) is a tool that you might want to try.
This is extensively famous for being able to resolve different iOS-related problems, including the white Apple logo, black screen, restart loop, and so much more.
This is a part of the toolkit of Dr.fone, and it is also made compatible with all of the premiere iOS versions and devices, which include the latest versions. When you want to resolve the issue of the iPhone being stuck in the boot loop without losing any of your data, there are some steps that you can follow.
Steps to Fix iPhone Issue with dr.fone
1. You can get started by downloading the Dr.fone. Install this in your system as it is available for both Mac and Windows, then launch it anytime you are ready. From the different options you will find on the welcome screen, start the procedure by choosing “System Repair.”
Get dr.fone – System Repair (iOS)
2. Connect your iPhone to the system, then wait for some as it is going to recognize the device automatically. The moment this is finished, continue by clicking on the Start button.
3. To recover your device, you will have to put this on Device Firmware Update or DFU mode. You can do those by following the instructions you read on the screen.
4. This will open a popup window. In this step, you need to give the right iOS version and the model number of your device to download the firmware. Once you’re done, click on the Download button.
5. Wait for a bit, as your application will download the firmware that’s respective to your device. See to it that you do not disconnect your device during the entire process and keep a stable internet connection.
6. After you download the firmware, the application will perform the required steps automatically to put your device in normal mode.
7. It will resolve the iPhone boot loop on your device and will put it back to normal mode. You will have to follow other additional details once it’s done.
dr.fone Toolkit – iOS System Repair
What makes this tool beneficial is that it fixes the iPhone system error without losing any of your data. It only fixes your iOS to normal and repairs other issues that are stuck in recovery mode, black screen, white Apple logo, looping on start, and much more.
And It can fix most iTunes and iPhone errors, and some of these include iTunes error 9, iTunes error 27, error 14, iTunes error 4013, iTunes error 3004, error 9006, and much more. In addition to that, it works for every model of iPod, iPad, and iPhone. Plus, it is completely compatible with the latest version of iOS.
Solution 5: Fix Your iPhone ReBoot Loop Through Factory Reset
If nothing works, you may always consider the option of factory reset. With this, your device will be able to get rid of the iPhone reboot loop.
While doing it, the data on your phone will be wiped off completely. If you’ve taken its backup on iTunes, it may be restored afterward.
To recover from iPhone stuck in the boot loop, follow the steps below:
1. First and foremost, take the lightning cable and connect this to your iPhone. Never connect its other end anywhere else.
2. After that, long press your device’s home button for a few seconds while connecting this to your system.
3. Then, open your iTunes to put your phone into recovery mode. This will display the iTunes symbol on the screen. Just let go of your device’s home button. You’ve turned on your device’s recovery mode and may restore its backup with iTunes.
After you have followed the suggestions mentioned above, you’d certainly be able to overcome iPhone boot loop mode. Now, once you know what you should do once your iPhone gets stuck in the boot loop, you may resolve the problem in no time. If you’re facing any issues with your iPhone, don’t hesitate to ask for help from the right people.