Many of you must be facing trouble unlocking your iPhone when it asks that ‘Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID‘.
This has become a regular issue with many iPhone users. Users report seeing such prompts occurring on their screen whenever they try to unlock their iPhone X or XR.
Many people are experiencing this issue, and all such complaints indicate the same problem of passcode requirements.
Here, we will let you know all about this issue. That is, why does this problem occur, and what can you do to fix it?
We will also be including some great tips that will help you improve the working of face ID on your device.
Why ‘Your Passcode is Required to Enable Face ID’?
The major aim for which Face ID was introduced was to make phone unlocking easier and more interesting. You just need to look at your iPhone to unlock it. It is much easier and hassle-free than entering a passcode every time. This is why most iPhone users opted for the face unlock method.
However, this doesn’t work as smoothly as you might think. Sometimes, your phone will ask you to enter the passcode to enable Face ID. This usually happens when your device is not able to recognize the face.
There are many other instances where it happens that ‘Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID.’ They may be:
- When you boot your iPhone for the first time, your device will ask you to enter the passcode.
- When you unlock your iPhone after a period exceeding two days.
- Or when you use the Find my iPhone feature to lock your iPhone remotely.
- When you try to shut down your device and activate the SOS Emergency mode, your phone will ask for the passcode.
- When you tried five times, the phone didn’t recognize your face.
- And when your face looks completely different, like if you have a huge beard now, the device will first require your passcode to unlock the phone and then update the configurations.
- When none of the above-mentioned cases have happened, and the case is that you did not unlock the device with the passcode in the past six and a half days and didn’t use the Face ID feature either in the last 4 hours.
PS: Learn more about how to fix Android face unlock not working.
What to Do When Your Passcode is Required to Enable Face ID?
We have already covered the broader aspects of the functioning of Face ID and its shortcomings. Many times, iPhone users experience a problem while trying to unlock their devices.
They were told that Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID. The same issue was faced by many users after they updated their iPhones.
We are going to help you fix this issue with the following solutions.
- 1. Check for any obstructions that may be covering your camera. Adjust your screen protector in case it is covering the TrueDepth camera. When using portrait mode, keep the hands away from the camera’s focus.
- 2. Check if your iPhone is updated with the latest iOS version. Update it, in case it’s not. When the operating system goes outdated, errors creep in.
- 3. Check the settings and configurations of Face ID. Go to the Settings option and tap the ‘Face ID and Passcode’. See if the feature is turned on.
- 4. You may also try setting up an alternate face. Go to the ‘Face ID and Passcode’ settings option and tap on ‘Set Up and Alternate Appearance’. Follow the steps as they come, and you’re done.
- 5. All the methods that have been described above may first ask you that Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID. If you have forgotten the passcode, you should check out the next part of the post.
Also, if you are unable to activate Face ID on this iPhone, click here to find the top solutions.
How to Enable Face ID When You Forgot the Passcode?
Whether you use the Face ID feature or not, the phone’s passcode is still trusted by many as the most secure feature.
Forgetting the passcode will land you many issues like the inability to use the Face ID, and your iPhone will be locked out. ‘Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID’, but you cannot recall it?
There’s nothing to worry about. The perfect helper, in this case, would be the Tenorshare 4uKey software. It will help you break into your device and regain access to it. Let’s have a look at the features of Tenorshare 4uKey.
- It helps you access your iOS device in case you forgot its passcode.
- It is similarly able to work with any type of screen lock- be it a passcode, Face ID, Touch, etc.
- Once the passcode is removed, you can access all the iOS services and features without restrictions.
- It works in every iOS version (iOS 16), iPhone, iPod, or iPad touch.
Steps to Unlock Your iPhone Using 4uKey without Face ID or Passcode:
1. Launch the app Tenorshare 4uKey. From the main screen, click Start to unlock the iOS screen.
2. Now connect the iPhone to your PC. Click Next.
3. Now, 4uKey will show and download the matching Firmware Package for your device. Please click on Download to continue.
4. Once the matching firmware package is downloaded, please click on the Start to Remove button.
5. It will take several minutes to remove the screen lock. Don’t disconnect your device during the whole repair process.
6. That’s it, just click Done! Your iPhone is unlocked!
Once the process is finished, your iPhone will not have a “Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID” problem. All the previously existing passwords will be removed. You will also be able to set up a new passcode afterward.
This is one of the best iPhone Backup Unlocker tools that help unlock any Apple ID in case you forget the passcode.
This software will work efficiently enough, even if you have a disabled or broken screen. It also helps in bypassing screen time as well. The best part is that you will not suffer any data loss.
If you forget the password of your Apple ID, it will help you clear all the passwords. This will also enable you to change the password or create a new Apple ID.
You can also enjoy all the iCloud services and iOS features without worry. You can also update your iOS version on wireless mode.
Great attention is paid to the safety of your device post password removal. Your phone will be untraceable with the previous Apple account. You don’t have to follow a long list of steps to be able to solve the “Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID” problem.
How to Improve Your Use of the Face ID?
IOS devices come with a robust security system. It makes it very difficult for any unauthorized person to break into the device.
These security features include passcode, Face ID, Touch ID, etc. The Face ID is a feature that allows the user to unlock the iPhone with the help of face recognition.
How Does the Face ID Function?
Face ID is one of the cutting-edge security technologies of iOS. It deploys the use of the iPhone’s TrueDepth camera.
This camera has sensors and similar other elements that project thousands of infrared beams over the face that is presented in front of it. This is to help the iPhone learn the face and change it into a 2-D image before enabling a Face ID.
The beams projected by the sensors help the phone in mapping out all the minute facial features like curves and wrinkles. All this makes up the user’s facial data, which is then saved.
Some Methods to Use the Face ID Better
Face ID is a great feature, and it is appreciated by many users. However, few people can utilize this technology’s best features due to minor usage errors.
Here, we give you tips you can follow to use the Face ID more efficiently. This will help your phone recognize your face faster whenever you try to unlock it.
Also, no such situation will emerge where ‘Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID’.
- Check if there is no dust or any unwanted particles on your camera.
- While scanning your face, avoid wearing sunglasses or similar facial wear.
- You can try registering an additional face. This will help in times when your phone won’t be able to recognize yours.
- Keep a distance of 10-12 inches between your face and the phone.
- Turn off the attention detection feature in the Face ID and Passcode settings.
- Keep yourself still and move the phone slowly to better register the facial data.
What is the purpose of the Face ID when your passcode is required to enable Face ID? This defeats the entire purpose of the feature if you face so many difficulties. The issue, however, is not severe.
We have given you the easiest steps to solve the problem, and the software Tenorshare 4uKey is a very effective tool. So choose a method that will work for you and get going!