A PC user may use software for the graphic picture that is not compatible or can utilize its scanning device with that software. This problem can be solved by a WIA scan driver (Windows Image Acquisition).
A WIA driver or program is linked to a device produced by Microsoft, which is a computer operating system. A WIA scan driver is a Microsoft Windows Me and Windows OS interfacing API or application software that may connect directly with imaging devices (scanners, etc.) or imagery devices. Paint.NET and Photoshop are included in Microsoft programs that use the WIA scan driver.
WIA scan drivers for the process have a core driver and a component UI (user interface). The driver core loads into the WIA service space and provides the operating system with the scanner as a basic connection.
In contrast to other interface devices, which allow restricted fundamental transfers of data, the UI loads the driver’s app area and enables the complete applications of the scanner to operate through the operating system.
So How is WIA Scanning Corrected?
You need to run a scan with the help of your Device to check the problem. Once you discover the Windows Scan problem, disconnect the printer for a few seconds. Plugin and restart the printer, and nothing can be done after restarting Windows.
The operating system uses the Windows Image Acquisition driver to build graphical apps, like Photoshop, for communicating with image devices like the Printer and Scanner. If you see this WIA driver error notice, this diver has to be incorrect, and it might be obsolete, corrupt, or absent.
The WIA driver can be installed using simple methods manually. It is really easy to install and use if you know the right steps to follow same. Let us have a look at the two methods that one can use:
- You can easily install a WIA driver in manual mode.
- A WIA scanner can also be installed using the automatic mode.
Also, if you are facing the HID-Compliant touch screen missing issue on Windows 10, this guide you should check out.
Manually Install a WIA Scanner
You may install the WIA driver from the CD installation or the manufacturer’s website as the error notice says. When you purchase the installation CD, your scanner always comes together.
Would you please place it on your computer and follow the directions on the screen? HP scanner configuration CD-ROM image result. Don’t panic when you lose your CD.
1) Go to the driver download page, generally under your manufacturer’s website Support area.
2) Your product model has to be entered. In addition, your Windows operator should be chosen.
Automatically Install a WIA Scanner Driver
If you’re not sure if you want to manually download or update the driver, we can help Driver Easy do this automatically. With their help, you can say goodbye to driver headaches and eternal delays.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the right driver for it. You don’t have to download and install the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about errors during installation.
- Download and install Driver Easy. Then boot into Windows.
- Click Scan Now. Problems with all computer drivers will be detected within 1 minute. Scanner drivers are no exception.
- If you want to try the free version, click Update next to the scanner driver to automatically download and install the correct version from the driver. Alternatively, if you are using the Pro version, click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all missing or older drivers on your system. (The Pro version offers full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.)
- Reload Windows and scan the files to see if they work properly.
If you don’t have confidence that your drivers will be manually downloaded or updated, let Driver Easy help you. You may bid goodbye to the headache of the driver and delay forever with his aid.
Driver Easy recognizes your system automatically and searches for the proper drivers. This is considered to be the safest method, with the help of which you can install a WIA driver and enjoy using it without getting any errors.
All you need to do is to follow the simple steps, and it will be done in an instant. If still, you face issues, then it is a better idea to get in touch with the professionals.
Windows Image Acquisition facilitates communication with applications for graphics like Photoshop between Scanners and other image equipment. However, several forums have claimed that while trying to use their HP or Canon scanners, the WIA driver error notice appears.
WIA Driver Update
Users may update their device drivers in a few ways. As mentioned in the error notice, customers can obtain recent WIA drivers from the websites of their scanner manufacturer. Users may update device drivers with a professional tool, which scans devices with an old driver and lists them.
A specialized utility scans your PC, detects outdated drivers, and then downloads, installs, and updates your PC as quickly as possible. The generic drivers are not updated by the system correctly on the hardware and peripherals of your PC most of the time.
PS: let’s figure out how to fix the error thread stuck in the device driver.
In Windows 10, What is WIA Driver?
WIA is an acronym for Microsoft driver model Windows Image Acquisition. It sets a communication link between software for graphics and hardware imaging.
It operates as an API (programming interface for applications) for Windows that helps to build good video, cameras, and other equipment connections.
Why Do You Receive the Error? Do You Need to Use This Device with Your WIA Driver?
You receive the notification that you need a WIA driver to use the Device if the WIA driver is obsolete, missing, or corrupt. Removing this issue is not as tough as it sounds; you have to attempt the following options.
If your picture acquisition driver is outdated, missing, or incompatible, you will see the “You need a WIA driver to utilize this device.” Try “You need a WIA driver to utilize this device” to overcome this issue.
Method 1: WIA Service Enable
You may easily delete the WIA service error “You need a WIA driver to utilize this device.” The steps to achieve this are here.
- To run the run box, press Windows and R keys at the same time.
- Enter Location and double-click on WIA in the Run box, and type services.msc.
- Select Automatic and click Start from the down menu.
Method 2: WIA Driver Removal
Uninstalling and reinstalling the WIA driver might also be one of the greatest solutions for the “Use of this device is required for a WIA driver.” The basic methods to achieve this are below.
- Start the Run box to launch the device manager in devmgmt.msc.
- Locate and extend the category of image devices.
- Right-click on the scanner uninstallation device. Select Device from the menu you want to remove.
How Do TWAIN and WIA Scanning Differ?
WIA operates solely on Windows, but TWAIN is designed to function as a universal driver on all OS. If a device for Windows is created, then only WIA will be used.
They have a distinct approach to performing things, such as the WIA dialogue box, when the manufacturer utilizes TWAIN.
TWAIN prohibits you from utilizing the same configuration for both sides when scanning in mode, but WIA has no such limitations.
Now you know how these two imagery drivers vary.
Common Queries: “To Utilize this Device, You Need a WIA Driver” Error
All difficulties connected to “You need a WIA driver to use this device” may be solved by the techniques mentioned above. We hope these FAQs assist you if you still have any doubts.
- What does WIA stand for? WIA stands for “Windows Image Acquisition.”
- Do all imaging devices require WIA drivers? Most imaging devices, such as scanners, digital cameras, and webcams, require WIA drivers to interact with the Windows operating system.
- Can I update WIA drivers through Windows Update? While some driver updates may be available through Windows Update, it is recommended to check the device manufacturer’s website for the latest WIA driver updates.
- Are WIA drivers compatible with macOS? WIA drivers are specific to the Windows operating system and are not compatible with macOS. However, macOS has its own imaging framework called “Image Capture.”
- Can I use multiple imaging devices simultaneously with WIA drivers? Yes, WIA drivers support the simultaneous use of multiple imaging devices, allowing users to connect and utilize multiple devices with their computer.
We hope that now you know everything about what is a WIA driver. This gadget requires a WIA driver Problem. These were fast, and easy remedies to This Device need a WIA driver. Try it and permanently get rid of the problem.
If you still face issues, then you must get in touch with the right professionals who can help you with getting rid of the problems in a great manner so that you do not face issues again.
These experts will also guide you in a proper understanding of the concept with better performance results. Please tell us in the comments section below if you need further support.