Ever since the introduction of Windows 10, the operating system has become notorious for running into unprecedented issues that many users can’t find a workaround for.
However, on the brighter side, Microsoft has been very active in addressing all such problems faced by users and has made sure to get those problems fixed so that future users do not experience the same issues.
Yet, there are still certain problems that occasionally greet Windows 10 users, and one such problem is the HID-Compliant touch screen missing problem.
Here, let’s figure out how to resolve the issue and perform an HID-compliant touchscreen driver download on Windows 10.
What is HID-Compliant
Before we dig further into how you can fix the problem, you need to understand the problem first so that you can target it better and apply the solutions accordingly.
The full form for HID stands for Human Interface Device. And for a digital computer, we refer to all HID devices as USB-HID devices.
But what does it mean? HID devices refer to all those external devices that you input and output using your PC for using them for their specified purpose.
Every HID-compliant device uses a universal, standard driver and does not necessitate the installation of any special driver software. Examples of HID devices can be USB HID TouchPad, USB Mouse or Keyboard, USB Pen, and so on.
Every time you plug such a device into your PC, you will get a notification informing you that “An HID-Compliant device has been recognized.” This indicates that your device has been identified the device, and you can now start using it without any interruption.
However, if you do not receive any notification informing you that your PC has recognized the device, there could be some internal problem with your PC. Windows 10 users have been facing this issue frequently in recent times.
As for the HID-Compliant Touch Screen problem, your PC can fail to recognize it if somehow the user has disabled the touch screen or if the system didn’t install the touch screen drivers by itself. In such a case, you have to go for an HID-compliant touchscreen driver download.
Hardware or Software Issue
Before we go on to fix the HID-Compliant Touch Screen Missing Issue on Windows 10, you need to find out whether the problem is a hardware or a software issue. That means you need to identify if the external device causes the problem or if it is some internal bug triggering the issue.
You can find it out by booting your system into BIOS mode. There are several ways you can get into the BIOS mode, but the easiest is to press the F10 key (note that this hotkey can be different depending on the brand you use) while your device is booting.
Once into the BIOS window, try using your touch screen. If you see that you can use your touch screen, it must be a software issue, meaning it is an internal problem restricting the device from working properly.
However, if you cannot use the touch screen inside the BIOS window, it could be a hardware problem.
Solutions to The HID-Compliant Touch Screen Missing Issue on Windows 10
Show All Devices
The first solution is to check for all your hidden devices. Perhaps you hid your HID-compliant touch screen by mistake, or perhaps your PC accidentally hid it itself. Either way, follow the steps below to find all your hidden devices:
1: To start off, you need to access the Run dialogue box. For that, press Windows and R on your keyboard simultaneously.
2: Once the dialogue box appears, you need to type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter. This will take you straight to the Device Manager of your PC.
3: Once in the Device Manager, go to the View section on the top and click on Show Hidden Devices.
4: Next, go to the Action section and click on Scan for hardware changes. After you click it, the hidden HID devices will show up on the list if there are any.
Expand the HID Devices section to see if the HID-compliant Touch Screen appears now. If not, there’s no need to worry; let’s move on to the next solution.
Besides, if you wonder how to fix the input not supported on the monitor efficiently, this guide you should check out.
Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
If you believe it is a hardware problem, then using the built-in “Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter” tool should be your best bet.
The tool essentially scans the hardware to see if there are any problems with it and offers you solutions. This is a specially created tool from Microsoft for resolving system issues.
Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:
1: To access your Troubleshooter window, press the Win and I keys on your keyboard. This will take you to your device’s settings.
2: Go to Update & Security and then to the section labeled Troubleshoot on the list on your left-hand side.
3: Tap on the Hardware and Devices tab and then hit Run the troubleshooter. This will scan your hardware to detect any issues with it. After that, please restart your device and check if the HID-compliant touch screen is still missing. If yes, please move on to the next fix.
Update Your Driver
The HID-Compliant Touch Screen Missing problem can also occur if you are using an outdated driver or if your driver’s version is wrong. Either way, it is always important to keep your drivers updated, as it can resolve most of your system-related issues.
However, manually downloading the right HID-compliant drivers for your device can be a daunting task.
If you don’t have the technical knowledge or simply the time to sit and patiently install the correct drivers, then Driver Easy is more than willing to help you out by performing an HID-compliant touchscreen driver download for Windows 10.
Driver Easy will scan your entire system and locate the right drivers that your device needs. The best thing is that the tool will not give you any room for making a mistake.
You can just sit back and relax and allow Driver Easy to take the wheel because not only will it find the right drivers, but it will also install them for you.
Below are simple steps to get rid of the hassle of manually downloading drivers.
1: Install Driver Easy on your device after downloading it.
2: Open the application on your device and tap on Scan Now. The application will then thoroughly search your system to see if any driver is causing your device trouble.
3: If something is wrong with your HID-compliant touch screen, Driver Easy will detect it and prompt you to install the right driver. Click on Update beside the highlighted Touch Screen (you can access this on the free version). Install it on your PC.
There is also another option. You can upgrade to the Pro edition for a little charge, with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Then, click Update All to have your computer download and install the correct version of every faulty or old driver on your system.
This will keep you from experiencing any future problems since it will remove any bad drivers causing your PC to run slowly.
4: After downloading the right drivers, restart your device.
Set Touch Services to Automatic
You could be facing the problem if the touch screen is somehow disabled on your device. Follow the steps below:
1: Navigate to your Control Panel and tap on System and Security.
2: Head to Administrative Tools, and under it, double-click on Services. Search for the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Pane Service. See if it’s enabled.
3: If it is not enabled, right-click on it and select Properties. Go to Startup Type and select Automatic. Tap on Apply. Right-click on the service again & click Start.
4: Next, under the Services section, look for the Biometric Service, Touch Input Service, and Tablet PC Input Service. If they are not enabled, follow the same steps for them. Between each service, take a little time and proceed to the next. Do not hurry.
5: Once you have enabled them, go back to your Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound. Under that, select Tablet PC and click on Calibrate.
Additional Tips to Enhance Touch Screen Performance
In addition to troubleshooting the HID-compliant touch screen missing issue, implementing these tips can enhance the overall performance of your touch screen:
- Keeping the Touch Screen Clean: Regularly clean the touch screen with a microfiber cloth to remove fingerprints and smudges, ensuring optimal touch sensitivity.
- Adjusting Touch Screen Sensitivity: Fine-tune the touch screen sensitivity settings in the Windows settings to match your preference.
- Disabling Unnecessary Background Processes: Disable resource-intensive background processes that may affect touch screen responsiveness.
- Keeping Windows Updated: Regularly update your Windows operating system to ensure compatibility with the latest drivers and software.
1. How do I know if my touch screen is HID-compliant? To check if your touch screen is HID-compliant, open the Device Manager and look for the touch screen driver under the “Human Interface Devices” category. If you see a driver labeled as “HID-compliant touch screen,” it indicates that your touch screen is HID-compliant.
2. Why is my HID-compliant touch screen missing? There can be several reasons for the HID-compliant touch screen missing issue, including outdated or incompatible drivers, disabled touch screen settings, hardware malfunctions, or conflicts with other software or drivers.
3. Can I fix the HID-compliant touch screen missing issue myself? Yes, you can fix the HID-compliant touch screen missing issue by following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article. Start by checking the Device Manager, updating drivers, enabling the touch screen, calibrating it if necessary, and performing system updates and troubleshooters.
4. Do I need to reinstall Windows to fix the HID-compliant touch screen missing issue? Reinstalling Windows should be considered as a last resort if all other troubleshooting steps fail. Before resorting to reinstalling Windows, try the methods mentioned in this article, such as updating drivers, enabling the touch screen, and performing system restore.
5. How often should I calibrate my touch screen? You should calibrate your touch screen whenever you notice inaccurate touch responses or after significant changes in your device’s settings. Regular calibration can help maintain optimal touch screen performance.
That’s it; we have discussed how to fix the problem of the HID-Compliant Touch Screen Missing and how to perform the HID-compliant touch screen driver download on Windows 10. Please try to fix the problem in no time.