Recycle Bin & How to Hide Recycle Bin?
Recycle Bin is one of the most prominent features that you can find on your Windows computer. All the files that you delete will get into the Recycle Bin.
If you didn’t mean to delete those files, you would be provided the opportunity to recover them easily at a later stage.
However, most people say it is not worth having the Recycle Bin on the desktop. And, if you want to keep your desktop clean and clutter-free, you will come across the need to hide Recycle Bin from your desktop.
In Windows, you cannot find a traditional and straightforward method of hiding your recycle bin.
However, this is not something to worry about because some effective methods are available for you to follow and hide the recycle bin.
Here are six effective methods that are available for you to consider. You can go through these six methods and try any of them to hide your recycle bin.
How To Hide Recycle Bin on Windows 7/10
Here are the steps to hide your Recycle Bin if you use a Windows 7 or 10 computer.
The easiest method to hide your recycle bin would be to pin it to your start menu. Below mentioned are the steps to get the job done.
- You need to go to your desktop and locate Recycle Bin. Then you should right-click on the icon.
- Now you must select “Pin to Start.”
- Once you do it, you will be able to get rid of the icon of Recycle Bin on your desktop. Instead, you will be able to see the Recycle Bin icon on your start menu.
2. Add Recycle Bin to File Explorer
It is also possible for you to add the Recycle Bin into File Explorer. This is an excellent alternative to the first method.
You will need to open up your Windows Explorer. Shortcut key combination “Windows + E” will be able to help you with that.
Once you open Windows Explorer, you will need to drag and drop the Recycle Bin into Explorer.
3. Remove Recycle Bin from the desktop settings
Desktop settings can also provide you with the chance to remove the Recycle Bin. You will have to follow the below-mentioned steps to get the job done.
Just follow them, and you will be effectively hiding the appearance of Recycle Bin on your desktop.
If you are on Windows 10, you should:
- Go to desktop, then right-click and select “Personalize.”
- Once you are on Personalize Settings, you need to pick Themes from the left-hand column. Now you need to scroll down a bit on the right-hand column until you can see the “Desktop Icon Settings” link.
- You should open the Desktop Icon Settings link, and now see what Desktop Icons should be displayed. You can remove the icon of Recycle Bin available in this list.
- Now you can save settings, and you will not be able to see Recycle Bin on the desktop.
In the case of Windows 7 or Windows 8, you should:
- Right-click on the desktop and click on “Personalize.”
- Now you need to click on the “Change Desktop Icons” link. Here, you can remove the tick for “Recycle Bin” in the checkboxes.
- You can now save settings to Hide Recycle Bin from your desktop.
How To Show The Recycle Bin If You Are On Windows 7 And Windows 10 Computer?
If you are hiding the recycling bin, you will come across the need to make it visible again. In such a situation, you can think about following these steps.
They can assist you with making your Recycle Bin visible so that you can locate all the files you have deleted.
1. Displaying Recycle Bin with the Recycle Bin Settings
Once you hide Recycle Bin, you can go to Settings and make it visible again. The steps are pretty much similar to what you followed to hide the Recycle Bin as well.
- You will need to right-click on the desktop and then click on “Personalize.”
- You should now go to the “Themes” from the left-hand panel that you can see. Along with that, you need to pick “Desktop Icon Settings.”
- And now, you will need to locate the checkbox against Recycle Bin. You can check the checkbox and save the settings. Along with that, you can make the Recycle Bin visible again.
2. A Secure Method to Find the Recycle Bin
There is a secure method available for you to locate your Recycle Bin. It is possible to follow this method, as well. Here are the steps that you must follow to get the job done.
- You should first open File Explorer. The shortcut key combination Windows + E will be able to help you with that.
- Now you must navigate to the address bar and type “Recycle Bin.” Upon typing, you should hit on the Enter button.
- Now Windows Explorer will search and help you to locate your Recycle Bin on the screen.
What Can You Do If You Don’t Find The Deleted Files In Your Recycle Bin?
After you open the Recycle Bin, you will be surprised to see that the deleted files are not there. This can take place due to several reasons. There are a few methods that you can follow to delete files from your computer.
The first method would be to delete them from the Recycle Bin. Or else, you can delete the files permanently from the computer. In such a situation, they will not go into the Recycle Bin. Instead, the files will be deleted from the computer forever.
On the other hand, you might even accidentally delete the files in your Recycle Bin.
In such a situation, you will be unable to locate any of the deleted files in your Recycle Bin. You don’t need to worry about this kind of situation because there is still hope of getting back the files. You will need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
We will be introducing a tool called Recoverit. This is an effective file recovery tool available for anyone to consider.
The moment you see that you don’t have deleted files in your Recycle Bin, you shouldn’t panic. You just need to get Recoverit and follow these steps.
Recovering the deleted files from your Recycle Bin with Recoverit
Step 1 – Launching Recoverit
As the first step, you should download Recoverit software to your computer. You can download it from their website and install it on your computer. Once Recoverit is completed installing on the system, you can launch it.
Step 2 – Pick The Location
Once you are on Recoverit’s main screen, you need to pick the location where you intend to recover deleted files from. You will need to pick “Recycle Bin” as the location.
Then you can insist it recover the deleted files from the Recycle Bin.
Step 3 – Scan The Location
Upon selecting Recycle Bin as the location, Recoverit will scan the deleted files on your Recycle Bin. This is a quick process.
You just need to wait for a couple of minutes until you can see a list of all the deleted files on your screen. Regardless of the file type, you will be able to see them on the screen.
Step 4 – Preview The Files And Recover
Once the scan process is completed, you will see a list of items that you have deleted. You can have a preview of any file out of this list.
Then you will be able to click on the file and recover it. You will also be able to recover multiple files at a given time.
Upon recovering the files, you will be able to see them in the same location as they were before deleting them.
Get your hands on Recoverit and follow these steps, and you can get all the files you have deleted from Recycle Bin successfully.