Let’s learn how to transfer Dropbox to iCloud using some easy methods. In addition to that, we emphasize the reasons why one would need to perform such an action. So, continue reading and learn these methods.
Is It Possible to Transfer Dropbox to iCloud?
Dropbox is considered one of the most popular apps used by Windows users. However, the main issue associated with the Apple ecosystem is that it works perfectly with iCloud Drive. In theory, the Apple ecosystem allows you to integrate many other services without hassle.
However, macOS and Apple don’t work if an iCloud account is not integrated. With every Apple device, you are offered an iCloud account, and it has 5GB of space for free.
On the other hand, Dropbox offers only 2 GB of space. So, iCloud offers 3 GB more than the Dropbox app. Google Drive is another option that offers a whopping 15 GB free with some interesting features.
Not to mention Microsoft OneDrive that offers 2GB of free space just like Dropbox. With all that information in mind, is it possible to transfer Dropbox to iCloud? The answer is yes. However, there is no automated process to do it.
Instead, you are supposed to follow a manual method. This article aims to explain the methods you can use to transfer Dropbox to iCloud.
PS: let’s learn more about how to migrate from G Suite to Office 365.
Why Would Someone Want to Transfer Dropbox to iCloud?
Before moving into the methods, let’s learn why someone would want to transfer Dropbox to iCloud. Dropbox is one of the most popular cloud storage solutions designed for various platforms.
It also works on different devices, as well. This unique platform lets you upload files and download existing files.
Also, Dropbox can be used to share files with both Dropbox and non-Dropbox users. In addition to that, Dropbox has several business integrations as well.
Compared to Dropbox, iCloud features a very different approach. The cloud storage option is just a part of iCloud. In other words, cloud space is just one of the many features linked to iCloud.
Also, iCloud is considered one of the fundamental features associated with Apple devices. All apps running on your iOS device should have access to iCloud. That is because the data related to all those apps are stored in iCloud’s cloud storage.
This process happens in the background, even if you don’t notice it all the time. When it comes to the front end, however, iCloud lets you store the images in it if necessary.
Also, you can allow iCloud to synchronize all those files. As a result, you can access and use those files on all the linked iOS devices. On top of that, you can access those files through the web as well.
To get it done, iCloud offers free 5GB of email space. You must have an Apple ID to use an iOS device like an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Also, it is compulsory to have an iCloud email address as well.
Are you already using Dropbox to store personal data like photos, videos, and documents? If so, switching to iCloud can be more meaningful.
iCloud offers three more gigabytes for free and seamlessly integrates with your iOS device. So, accessing those photos and other files becomes much easier if you use iCloud instead of Dropbox.
Besides, here are the top solutions for you to fix the Dropbox not syncing issue.
How to Transfer Dropbox to iCloud Using Your iOS Device?
Those who want to transfer Dropbox to iCloud can follow the below steps. You can copy all the Dropbox content to iCloud Drive even if it isn’t an automated process.
- First, you should download the Dropbox app on the iOS device through its App Store. Then, sign into the same.
- You can leave the app aside now and open the Files app on your iOS device.
- Now, tap on the option “Browse” and tap on it again to see “Locations.”
- Now, you should tap on the icon that appears as a circle at the top right-hand corner. Then, choose the option called “Edit” as well.
- You can enable Dropbox now and choose “Done” to proceed.
- You can see all the content inside Dropbox simply by clicking on it once.
- Locate the circular icon (which is located at the top-right corner) once again and tap on it. Then, tap on “Select.”
- You can now tap on the files and folders you intend to move to the iCloud space. However, if you want to move all the files, tap on the option “Select All.”
- You should tap the circular icon at the bottom and choose “Copy.”
- Tap the “Browse” option and select a folder in the iCloud. If not, you can create a new folder simply by tapping on the folder icon. It is the icon that comes with a plus sign.
- Perform a long-press on there and when prompted, just select “Paste.”
That’s basically it. All selected files will be transferred to your iCloud storage space. As you can notice, it is a very easy process and can be performed by a novice.
Also, if you wish to know how to download iCloud backup files, just click to read more.
How Can You Transfer Dropbox to iCloud Through a Windows PC?
Do you use a Windows computer and want to transfer Dropbox to iCloud using it? If that’s the case, you can do it in two different ways. You can use a web browser or the iCloud app (for Windows). Well, if you are interested, keep reading and learn the process.
Before proceeding, it is required to integrate the Dropbox app with the Windows File Explorer.
Method 01: With Web Browser
- First, please launch a web browser and go to the URL of iCloud (https://www.icloud.com) to proceed.
- Then, select the iCloud Drive icon from the list.
- Do you want to create a new folder to transfer your Dropbox content? If that is the case, use the icon with a folder and a plus sign. If not, you can simply click the folder you intend to transfer the files.
- Let the browser be opened in the background. Just open the Windows File Explorer and go to the Dropbox interface.
- If you require to transfer all the files to iCloud, select them all using CTRL + A.
- Now, drag the selection to iCloud Drive, which is opened in a web browser.
- Wait a while to upload the files to the iCloud account.
Integrating iCloud files in Windows
We don’t recommend this method because it can transfer incompatible files to iCloud from your Windows PC. As a result, those files will become unreadable. This approach creates shortcuts on your desktop to the iCloud drive. Also, you may not want to download it to your PC for any reason.
How to transfer Dropbox to iCloud through a Mac?
If you use an Apple computer already, you can download the Dropbox app through the official website. Then, you can transfer data to iCloud directly from your macOS. In that case, you can use a simple drag-and-drop feature.
- First, go to the official website of Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com) and download their app on your Mac.
- After the installation is completed, you can also see a Dropbox shortcut.
- Click on the shortcut that appears on the sidebar. Then press Command + A to select all the files.
- Then, drag the selection into the iCloud.
As an iOS device user, you should know that it is easier to transfer data from Dropbox to iCloud. The steps we explained in the guide will help you do it easily.
You can transfer Dropbox to iCloud through a web browser even if you are using a Windows PC.
Moving files means dragging and dropping from one interface to the other. You can use any of those ways to move from one platform to another.
However, we don’t recommend using the iCloud app on your Windows PC. That is specifically because that method can create some errors and conflicts in the system.
So, that’s it on how to transfer Dropbox to iCloud. Do you have any other questions related to this matter? Please let us know.