If you want to migrate from G Suite to Office 365, here’s a comprehensive guideline for you. It is true that there are plenty of similarities between G Suite and Office 365.
However, in certain cases, individuals want to switch between the two. So, if you ever want to migrate from G Suite to Office 365, you can follow this guide.
In fact, deciding the best choice between G Suit and Office 365 can be a hard task. If you are facing such an issue, the information below will make it easier.
One of the main specialties of G Suit is that it is a web-based platform. If you intend to maintain a business website, it is mandatory to have a professional-looking business email address. Such a value addition ensures that you gain more credibility. With that said, let’s take a look at the features associated with Office 365.
Office 365 comprises a wide range of essential features. For instance, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype, OneDrive, and all the other apps of Microsoft are included in Office 365.
There is no shortage of organizations that prefer Office 365 due to obvious reasons. This package offers significant liberty to send, receive, and even edit the files without any hassle.
In addition to that, Office 365 comes with plenty of additional features as well. Such facts are discussed in this article.
Reasons to migrate from G Suite to Office 365
If truth be told, the benefits associated with switching from G Suite to Office 365 are immense. The most important thing is that Office 365 is designed with business enterprises in mind.
As of today, most employees tend to use apps of Office 365. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about giving them additional training on using Office 365. Think about apps like Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, and Word – pretty much everybody knows about them.
In addition to that, Office 365 offers you the option of working offline as well. It can really impact the overall productivity of the employees. Thanks to the offline feature, employees will not get distracted.
On top of all those features, Office 365 offers excellent opportunities when it comes to customization. Well, in the following sections, we discuss what you should do to migrate from G Suite to Office 365.
PS: let’s figure out how to transfer Dropbox to iCloud.
How to migrate from G Suite to Office 365?
In this part, we explain how to migrate from G Suite to Office 365. The good news is that a migration tool is integrated into G Suite to make the migration process easier.
It goes without saying that it becomes exceptionally helpful when it comes to migrating data in an organized manner. To make it easier for our readers, we explain the process in step-by-step mode. So, keep reading and learn how to get it done.
01. As the first step, you should get the domain verified to use Office 365 suite. When you configure Office 365 from scratch, you will have to follow the specific process to verify the domain properly. Once you have done that, you can select the domain registrar as well to proceed.
02. As the second step of this process, you will have to add users to proceed. In this case, you can either choose to have a single user or multiple users. You can decide the number of users you are adding depending on the requirement. But you should also know that adding users to Office 365 is similar to licensing them.
In other words, by adding users, you share your Office 365 license with them. You should not configure your domain at this moment. However, if your Gmail ID is transferred to Microsoft 365 already, you can set it up.
Before you add users to Office 365, it is compulsory to ensure another thing. In this case, you should ensure that all the users have separate Office 365 mailboxes.
03. Once you have completed the above step, you should proceed to create a list. This list should comprise all the Gmail Mailboxes that should be moved to Office 365 from G Suite. Then, you should log into the Admin Console included in G Suite. You should click on Users and then select the user whose email should be noted.
You should then sign into the Admin Center of your Office 365. Then, click on Users and then select “Active Users” as well. Once you have done that, you can see a seperate3 column called “Username” as well. You should go to Excel first and create a column. This first column should have the name “Email Address.”
After that, you should create another column, and it should contain the name “Username.” You should create a third column as well, and it should contain the name “Password.” Once you have created all those three columns, you can move to the next step.
04. Fill all that information in the Excel sheet and then save the file.
05. You can now use Migration Endpoint’s assistance to connect Office 365 with Gmail.
06. Once you have done that, Gmail mailboxes will be migrated to Office 365. To do that, a Migration Batch will be used.
07. Once you have done that, you should update the DNS record to the MX record. This process is required for the domain. In fact, this is a very important step in this process.
08. Once you have performed all those steps without making any mistakes, you should check if it works. In this case, you should check if you receive all those emails on your Office 365 suite. Once the verification process is completed, you should get rid of the Migration batch. That means you should simply delete it.
As the final step, you should turn off the synchronization option between the platforms. As a result, Gmail and Microsoft 365 will have no interconnection, but the data is already migrated.
Just follow the above guide carefully, and you can migrate from G Suite to Office 365 without much trouble.
Besides, if you wish to know how to recover an unsaved Excel file, just click to read more.
An easy method to migrate from G Suite to Office 365
The above steps might be somewhat complex for many users. So, if you want to make it easier and save time, you can consider using Wondershare InClowdz. It’s designed in such a way that it can help you migrate from G Suite to Office 365 easily.
Apart from that, InClowdz can manage various other cloud spaces in one place. Thanks to this smart, handy tool, you don’t have to log in and off between cloud spaces frequently.
- It can help seamlessly migrate from G Suite to Office 365.
- InClowdz synchronizes your precious data between different cloud platforms.
- You can use it to manage all the cloud platforms from a single interface.
- It stores data securely without compromising safety.
- Single-click migration for ease of use.
- Launched by a reliable software development company called Wondershare.
Important things to know about migrating from G Suite to Office 365
It is true that many users across the globe use both G Suite and Office 365 platforms. G Suite was introduced very recently (in 2019), and it already has more than five million users.
In fact, most of the users who use G Suite are SMEs, according to statistics. The reason behind this popularity is that G Suite offers SMEs various options to operate in a more organized manner. Also, G Suite’s features can make them more productive as well.
When it comes to Office 365, the other hand, Office 365 has a massive client base compared to G Suite. In fact, as of this writing, Office 365 has more than 180 million users across the globe.
Contrary to G Suite, their client base comprises users of various scales and complexities. So, frankly, Office 365 is claimed to be the most efficient and productive option if you compare the two.
Does that mean Office 365 is better than G Suite?
Well, if you compare Office 365 with G Suite, both have unique characteristics. So, we cannot necessarily point out one over the other as the best option. It may depend on what you will be using the respective option. So, if you go through the information below, you can decide which one is best for you.
When it comes to Office 365, comes with a variety of advanced security features compared to G Suite.
In fact, their security features can be called the most significant benefit associated with this software. Office 365 comprises plenty of security features that are also customizable. They also offer full-suit protection against potential malware attacks and phishing. This is a great relief for those who are worried about the security of their sensitive data.
When it comes to G Suite, however, it comes with several restrictions in terms of security. In that case, you will have to use a third-party tool to ensure security.
Office 365 is more of a comprehensive package. It has applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. The design of the interface is very familiar. Also, you get the opportunity to use traditional desktop applications with Office 365 Suite. Moreover, those offline files can even be synchronized with Office 365.
As a user, you can go through the features and read more reviews and choose a platform.
Q1: Is it possible to migrate G Suite to Office 365 without any data loss?
A1: Yes, by following the proper migration process and using reliable migration tools, you can minimize the risk of data loss during the transition.
Q2: How long does the migration process typically take?
A2: The duration of the migration process depends on various factors such as the amount of data, complexity of configurations, and network speed. It is recommended to allocate sufficient time for planning and executing the migration.
Q3: Can I migrate specific user data instead of migrating all users at once?
A3: Yes, most migration tools offer the flexibility to select specific users or user groups for migration, allowing you to migrate in phases if necessary.
Q4: What happens to my G Suite subscription after the migration?
A4: Once you have completed the migration and decommissioned G Suite, you can cancel your G Suite subscription to avoid unnecessary charges.
Q5: How can I ensure a smooth transition for my team members?
A5: Effective communication, comprehensive training, and ongoing support are key to ensuring a smooth transition. Keep your team informed, provide training resources, and address any concerns or issues promptly.
So, that’s how to migrate from G Suite to Office 365. As you can clearly notice, data migration is made ever so simpler with Wondershare InClowdz. It saves you time and allows you to manage all of your cloud spaces in one place.