Snapchat has quickly become a part of the social media norm. It’s still growing in popularity and has a younger generation loving it, and for a good reason.
Almost every person has a Snapchat account. And everyone has added many of their friends and unknown accounts to their Snapchat friend list. So did you, right?
But if you are eager to know more about some of those unknown accounts you have added, then you are at the right place.
You can find out about the real name, contact info, email address, and other details about someone using their Snapchat username. This is called Snapchat username lookup.
And in this article, you will get to know about some of such effective ways. So, let’s get started.
Is It Possible to Do a Snapchat Username Lookup?
Yes, it is possible to do a Snapchat username lookup. This means searching for the details of a person using their Snapchat username.
There are several ways to find out the name behind your friend’s screen name or username.
You will just get introduced to 7 such methods or ways by which you can do so. It is not rocket science to do a Snapchat username lookup, but it has some specific ways or tools.
Besides, if you wonder, did Snapchat ban your account? Don’t worry. Read this article to learn how to make a new snapchat after being banned and much more.
Ways to Do Snapchat Username Lookup
There are several ways to do a Snapchat username lookup. Here’s a brief overview of the most popular methods:
Way 1. Check your Snapchat Friend’s Username
The first way you can do a Snapchat username lookup is by checking the target’s Snapchat username.
You can check the username of your Snapchat friends by following these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen. This will open up a menu with three options: Friends, Mobile Numbers, and Saved Memories.
- Tap on ‘Friends’ to see all your contacts. And scroll down until you find a friend’s name that interests you (if there is more than one).
- If you want to search for someone new, type their full name in the search bar. You can find the search bar at the top right corner of this page. You can also look in the Favorites section if you have added someone that interests you to that list.
- Once you have selected an individual friend from either list above, tap the Details button next to them. It’s located below the user’s picture.
- You’ll then be redirected toward their profile page. There, a username will appear along with other info such as current status/last seen time, and more. It’s just like when opening someone else’s message threads. Except that we’re only concerned with finding out what they’ve chosen as a username here. So don’t spend too much time looking at other details unless necessary!
Also, if you are looking for a free PimEyes alternative, in this article, we are going to reveal the top 10 best options, and you can select one to try.
Way 2. Search for the Username on Google
The second way of Snapchat username lookup involves searching for that Snapchat username on Google. If you have a username, you can search for it on Google.
You will receive a list of websites and social media profiles where that username appears. These sites may not be relevant to your query, but they will give you some ideas about where to look.
- Enter the name as a keyword into the search engine box.
- Use the name as a search term in quotes, with no spaces or punctuation between words (e.g., “Snapchat”).
- Use the name as a phrase within quotes (e.g., “username”).
In addition, if you wonder how to trace a TextNow number, mentioned below is a detailed description of methods to do a successful TextNow number lookup for you.
Way 3. Search for It on Other Social Media Platforms
The third method of Snapchat username lookup is to search for the Snapchat username on other social media platforms.
The most popular social media platforms you can use are Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. And you definitely have accounts on these platforms, right?
For example: Suppose you want to find out who owns the @selenagomez account. Then, in that case, you can use Instagram’s search feature by typing in “@selenagomez” or “selena gomez.” Then you will see a screen showing all posts made by that user.
When searching for people’s names on social media platforms, don’t forget about variations of first or last names. For example, if someone’s full name is John Smith, but they prefer to be called John or Johnny.
By the way, if you wonder how to find out if someone has an OnlyFans account, here are three different ways to find OnlyFans accounts you should try.
Way 4. Reverse Search Your Snapchat Friend’s Profile Picture and Other Images
The following way for Snapchat username lookup is to look for their profile picture on other social media accounts.
The first step is downloading the user’s picture from Snapchat. And then upload it on Google Search Images.
After uploading, reverse-search the profile picture of your Snapchat friend. You can do that by tapping on the “Search” button.
This will show you many results where you can find out if they have an account on any other social media platform or not! And you can also get to know their names and details if they come in the Google search results.
Way 5. Check Their Snapchat Birthday Zodiac
Checking the target’s Snapchat birthday zodiac is one of the easiest ways to do a Snapchat username lookup. Simply add this person as a friend, then click on their profile. Once there, look at their birthday and birth sign.
If they are born in June, they may have a Gemini sun sign (Gemini). They could be Aquarius (Aquarius) if they were born in October.
Once you have their birth sign, use it to search for their username. For example, if they are a Gemini and you want to find their Snapchat username, type in “Gemini_snapchat” in the search bar.
You should see a list of users who have this username. If you want to find someone’s Snapchat birthday zodiac sign, simply add them as friends and go to their profile page.
Also, performing a username search on dating sites is a requirement of many users on the internet today; here are some simple ways to search for a person online.
Way 6. Search Through Social Catfish
The most powerful and effective way to do a Snapchat username lookup is to use Social Catfish. You might have already heard about this popular tool. But if you are unaware of it, don’t worry, as we will introduce you now.
Social Catfish is a website that allows you to search for people on social media. If you are looking for someone who uses Snapchat, this tool is perfect for your needs.
To use it, just enter the username or image of the person. And then, Social Catfish will return results showing the person’s name, email ID, phone number, and address.
You can also search by city or state. Suppose you want to find someone in Brooklyn, NY. Then, in that case, first, you will have to locate the official website of Social Catfish.
And then, all you need to do is enter their Snapchat username or picture into the search bar at SocialCatfish’s official website.
Once there, click “Search,” where it says “Enter Your Email Address.” And then, type in your desired information. Such as the name of the user/city/state, etc., into respective text fields before clicking next again!
After you have done this, a list of results will be displayed. Click on the desired user to view their bio and other info about them, such as their social media accounts.
You can even see what phone number is linked to their account. This will be helpful if you want to contact them via text message or call them directly from your phone number!
Way 7. Use Spokeo
The last method for Snapchat username lookup is to use Spokeo. Spokeo is a public records search engine that can give information to almost anyone.
Regarding social media and finding people’s usernames, Spokeo is one of the most popular ways to do this.
Spokeo works by searching through publicly available databases of personal information. All such personal databases are collected from various websites and social media platforms.
This means if someone has ever registered for an online account using their real name, then Spokeo will have access to that info. And this is how they will display it on their website for anyone who wants to look up a person using their username(s).
When you visit Spokeo’s website, there are several options for you to choose from. As mentioned, you can search for someone by the Snapchat username.
And this is helpful if you have access to the username that belongs to your target but have no idea what their real name is. If this is the case, then using this feature in Spokeo can help you find personal information about them.
1. Can I change my Snapchat username? Unfortunately, Snapchat does not allow users to change their usernames once they are created. However, you can change your display name as often as you like.
2. Are there any limitations to Snapchat username lookup? Snapchat username lookup is limited to the information individuals have made public or shared on other platforms. Some users may have strict privacy settings, making it challenging to find their usernames.
3. Is Snapchat username lookup available for business accounts? Snapchat username lookup works for both personal and business accounts. It can help individuals and businesses connect with each other to foster collaborations or promote products and services.
4. How can I ensure my privacy while using Snapchat username lookup? To ensure privacy, always respect the preferences and settings of others. Do not share personal information without consent and exercise caution when connecting with unknown users.
5. Are there any third-party apps or websites for Snapchat username lookup? While there may be third-party apps or websites claiming to provide Snapchat username lookup services, it is advisable to exercise caution. These platforms may compromise your privacy or violate Snapchat’s terms of service.
We hope that this article about the ways of Snapchat username lookup has been helpful to you.
There are many ways to do so, some of which can be pretty complicated and time-consuming.
However, while using the methods outlined here, you should follow the instructions carefully. And then you will be able to find whoever owns any Snapchat account within minutes!