Logitech wireless mouse not working is a pretty common issue with both desktops and laptops. As of today, the use of a wireless mouse is almost compulsory for any computer user.
So, when the Logitech mouse is not working, that can be really frustrating, and that should be addressed ASAP.
You are on the right track if you are reading this issue because of experiencing such an error. You can fix the error using one of the solutions mentioned in this guide.
Why is Logitech Mouse Not Working?
You will see that your Logitech wireless mouse is not working due to various errors. One of the most common reasons behind the issue is corrupted or outdated drivers.
If you experience this issue specifically after a Windows update, there is a huge probability of such an issue. Many Windows 10 users say their Logitech wireless mouse is not working, especially after a critical update.
In addition to that, there can be other causes of this issue. For instance, it could be due to battery issues, USB port malfunctioning, etc.
With that said, the methods we mention in this article will help you to get out of the issue.
Besides, what can you do if your Logitech G533 Mic not working? Here are several solutions to try if you have already encountered this issue lately.
Solutions to Try if Logitech Wireless Mouse Not Working
Below are the solutions you should try when your Logitech wireless mouse is not working.
Some solutions may be very simple, while others may be somewhat complex. We try our best to explain all the solutions, most simply for your convenience.
Solution 01: Remove the Batteries and the Unifying Receiver and Reinsert Them
If your Logitech wireless mouse is not working, here’s the most basic solution you should try. This can be the most convenient solution on our list.
We recommend every user on our list try this method before proceeding to the advanced ones. In this case, you should remove the unifying receiver of the mouse. Then, its batteries also should be removed.
Once you have done that, you should wait for about five seconds. Well, if we are to speak about the technical side of this solution, it restarts the mouse. Then, the computer will recognize the mouse once again.
For a considerable number of issuers, this method has worked very well. Also, it doesn’t take much time or effort. So, you can just try it without involving with programming.
Solution 02: Uninstall the Driver and Install It Again
In general, your computer’s mouse is set to be recognized automatically by the computer. After that, it will work without any issues. Once the mouse is connected to the computer, the system will install its driver, and that’s it.
However, in certain cases, the driver of the mouse can start to malfunction without showing a proper reason. If your mouse doesn’t work because of a driver-related issue, you can only fix it by reinstalling it manually.
If your mouse doesn’t work at all, you can use your keyboard during this process. It is compulsory to navigate between the options and select them.
Mentioned Below Are the Steps You Should Use to Reinstall the Drivers.
- Launch the “Run” utility on your computer simply using the “Windows” + “R” key combination.
- Once the “Run” utility is opened, you should enter the text “devmgmt.msc” and hit “Enter.” This will launch the “Device Manager” utility on your system.
- Once the “Device Manager” utility is open, you should use the keyboard to navigate. In this case, we assume your mouse doesn’t work. So, use the arrow keys on the keyboard and go to “Mice and other pointing devices.” You can then press the “ALT” + “right arrow” keys so the category will be expanded. This will open your Logitech Mouse.
- Hit the “Shift” and “F10” keys and open the context menu.
- You can then use the arrow keys to choose the “Uninstall” option and hit “Enter.” As a result, the driver will be uninstalled.
- Now, restart the computer, and the Logitech mouse is not working problem should be gone. If the problem still persists, you should go to the next solution.
Solution 03: Update Your Mouse Driver
In general, Logitech releases new updates for mouse drivers pretty often. These updates can be found on their official website. If the existing mouse driver is outdated, your mouse may start to malfunction and become totally undetectable. So, the only way to get rid of this issue is by updating the mouse driver.
If your mouse occasionally works, updating the drivers can be done using a third-party tool called Driver Easy. One of the greatest advantages associated with Driver Easy is that it can recognize outdated drivers automatically.
It will also download the drivers from official websites very fast, eliminating the risk of downloading the wrong drivers or making other mistakes when downloading drivers.
Moreover, it helps you save considerable time because you don’t have to do it manually. It has a Free version and a Pro version.
With the free version of Driver Easy, you can update all the drivers one by one. But with the Pro version, you can only update all the drivers using two clicks.
You Can Use the Following Steps to Get the Drivers Updated.
First, you should download Driver Easy through its official website.
Then, launch it and click on the option “Scan Now.” All the drivers on the computer will be scanned to see any problematic ones.
Click on the option called the “Update” button, which is next to a flagged mouse driver. It will download the drivers automatically.
You can download the drivers and manually install the correct versions. If not, you can click on the option “Update All.”
It will download the latest versions of all the drivers that have issues and get your computer fixed. However, you should use the Pro version of Driver Easy to do that.
Once the updates are done, you can check if the mouse works perfectly.
Important: Please note that you can use the keyboard to navigate through the options when performing the above.
Although it will not be as easy as using the mouse, that’s good enough until you fix the issue. Also, some users find their mouse works occasionally.
If that is the case, the process is easier for you. Once the issue is fixed, you can use the mouse without experiencing any trouble at all.
If your Logitech wireless mouse is not working even after this solution, go to Solution 04.
Solution 04: Use a Different USB Port
Sometimes, the issue can relate to your USB port. For instance, the Logitech mouse not working can fail to offer enough power for the mouse to function.
To fix it, you should use a different USB port for the mouse. In this case, you can connect the unifying receiver to a different USB port and see if it works.
To do that, you should unplug the receiver first from the current USB port. Then, simply plug it into another USB port available. If it doesn’t work, try another USB port. Likewise, check your mouse with all the existing USB ports.
Don’t forget to use the rear USB ports if the issue is related to a desktop computer. If it doesn’t work for you, try the next solution.
Solution 05: Use the Unifying Receiver on a Different Computer
If there is something wrong with the unifying receiver of the wireless mouse, that’s going to be a problem. So, you should clarify it by using the same receiver on a different laptop or a PC.
- Launch the “Device Manager” on a different computer. You can use the steps mentioned in Solution 2 to accomplish this.
- You should locate the “Mice and other pointing devices” category and expand it.
- Now, plug the receiver into any USB port on the computer and wait for a couple of seconds.
- If that computer recognizes the receiver, the “Mice and other pointing devices” will be updated. You can see a new HID-complaint mouse under that category. If that is the case with you, the receiver works perfectly. If one computer fails, you can also try the same receiver on another computer (if you have any). Anyways, if any other computer detects the receiver, we can safely assume that the receiver is fine. In that case, you should go to Solution 06.
If it doesn’t work with any other computer, there is something wrong with the mouse. In that case, you must replace it with a new mouse device.
Solution 06: Try New Batteries
As you already know, your Logitech wireless mouse has powered by AA Alkaline batteries. If there are issues with the batteries, it’s obvious that your wireless mouse cannot perform as expected.
So, you should use new batteries on the mouse and see if it works. If it doesn’t, the case is not with the batteries. In that case, you should move to the next solution of this guide and try to fix the mouse.
Solution 07: Use a Different Surface for Your Mouse
In certain cases, electrical items you use can interfere with the mouse’s signal emittance. So, you should ensure that the mouse and its receiver are kept away from devices like cell phones.
Also, it is important to keep other wireless mouse devices away from yours. Also, it is exceptionally important to avoid placing a mouse or the unifying receiver on the metal surface.
Solution 08: Connect the Mouse to a Different Computer
You can connect the mouse to a different PC or a laptop. If it works with a different computer, there is something wrong with your computer.
However, if your mouse doesn’t work with that computer, you should also assume that the mouse is dead. In that case, you should buy a new one.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a way to repair my Logitech wireless mouse if it’s not working?
- Absolutely! The troubleshooting guide provided above is an excellent starting point.
- What should I do if none of the troubleshooting steps work?
- If all else fails, it’s time to reach out to Logitech’s customer support for assistance.
- Can I prevent my Logitech wireless mouse from failing?
- While technology is unpredictable, regular maintenance and updates can reduce the chances of failure.
- What if my computer doesn’t recognize my Logitech wireless mouse?
- Try connecting the mouse to a different USB port or another computer. If it’s still not recognized, the mouse might be faulty.
- How often should I replace the batteries in my Logitech wireless mouse?
- It depends on your usage, but on average, you should replace them every few months.
- Can I use my Logitech wireless mouse while it’s being charged?
- Yes, most models allow use while charging, but it’s best to check your specific model’s user manual for clarity.
It can be exasperating when your Logitech wireless mouse decides to take an unannounced break. However, by systematically troubleshooting, you can usually identify the issue and rectify it swiftly.
Whether it’s a drained battery, an outdated driver, or a more complex technical hitch, there’s a solution out there for you. Remember, patience is the key to troubleshooting. If all else fails, Logitech’s customer support is always ready to assist.