My Logitech speakers not working since last night. I tried several times to get it back to its normal state but have had no luck so far. It is a new pair of speakers, and as I know, I didn’t do anything wrong with it. Can you please help me fix it? Thanks a million!
If the above statement relates to you somehow and you are looking for some solutions, look no further.
We have composed this article with the best and most practical solutions to address this error. So, keep reading and learn how to get it done.
There are many users who wonder why their Logitech speakers not working on Windows 10. If you have already experienced such an error, you are not alone and don’t have to fret.
In fact, this error is pretty common due to some reason or another. So, you can fix it by yourself simply by following the instructions mentioned below in this article.
Why Are Logitech Speakers Not Working on Windows 10?
It goes without saying that faulty speakers can make you so annoying. This is true, particularly when you are about to listen to some of your favorite songs.
That said, there can be a couple of reasons for the “Logitech speakers not working” error. Mentioned below are some of those reasons for your reference.
- Your system’s audio enhancements are deactivated
- Your system’s default volume is configured to be very low
- Your system has an outdated or corrupted driver
Regardless of the cause, you intend to fix this error. So, you can go ahead and read the following solutions. Let’s hope for the best and try to fix Logitech speakers not working with Windows 10.
Method 1: Use the Built-in Troubleshooter to Fix It
You should know that Windows 10 OS has a built-in tool for the purpose of troubleshooting. It is capable of solving very common issues associated with your hardware as well as bugs. It is a simple but powerful tool that can fix many errors.
So, in this case, you can use the built-in troubleshooter to accomplish this task. With the assistance of this tool, you can try to fix some of the errors in the audio devices. If you can fix this error with the troubleshooter, you don’t have to try other steps in this article.
If you use Windows 10 troubleshooter, it will perform a scan for potential errors. So, if you ever see your Logitech speakers not working, try this troubleshooter first.
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow to use the troubleshooter.
- First, you should launch your “Settings” app by pressing both Windows and I keys on the keyboard.
- Now, you should choose the option called “Update and Security.”
- As the next step, go to “Troubleshoot,” located on the left. Then, on the right side, you should scroll down to see the option “Get up & Running.” Click on that and choose the option called “Playing Audio.” After that, you should select “Run the troubleshooter.”
- Now, you will see some onscreen instructions. Just go through those instructions and complete the process. That will hopefully fix the Logitech speakers not working on Windows 10 error. After that, you should restart the PC and see if the issue is resolved. If it is not fixed, you can go to the next solution.
Also, let’s dive into the process on how to screenshot on a Logitech keyboard. This comprehensive guide takes you on a journey through the basics of screenshot acquisition, guaranteeing an efficient and seamless digital journey.
Method 2: Check Audio Enhancements and Enable It
If your Logitech speakers are not working even after the above steps, you should try this one. You can go ahead and see your Speakers’ Properties to accomplish this task successfully.
In that, there is an option called “audio enhancements.” You can easily enable that and fix the “Logitech speakers not working” error. So, if you are looking for the steps in detail, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should get the “Run” utility open. To do that, you can hit the “Windows” and “R” keys together. Once the “Run” utility is up, you will see a space to enter text. Provide the text “mmsys.cpl“. You can either hit the “Enter” key or press “OK” to proceed. This will directly take you to the properties of the sound settings.
- Choose the option called “Playback.” After that, you should choose the speaker and perform right-click on it to proceed. Then, choose the option called “Properties.”
- You will be directed to a new “Speaker Properties” window to make the changes.
- Click on the option labeled “Enhancements.” You will see an option called “Disable all enhancements.” Most probably, it is disabled at this moment. All you need is to uncheck the check box related to that option to enable it.
- Now, you should click on the option called “Apply.” Also, press “OK” so the changes will be saved.
Now, you can check if your “Logitech speakers not working on Windows 10” error is fixed. If not, don’t worry because you can try the next option.
Method 3: Change the Default Format of Your Logitech Speakers
In general, Windows uses a default sampling frequency. Generally, it sets a pretty low frequency assigned for speakers, specifically if they are newly added to the PC. As you can realize, it might bring some errors.
For instance, you might not hear any sound from the speakers even if they work. So, you will come to a wrongful assumption thinking your “Logitech speakers not working on Windows 10”. Also, some might hear a very low sound with some noise.
So, the best way to fix this error is by changing the default sample rate to a higher value.
- As the first step, you should bring the Sound settings up. To do that, you can follow the same steps in the second method.
- Once you have done that, you can go to the ” Playback” tab. Then, you can perform a double-click on the Logitech product (the speakers). That will open up the properties.
- Now, you can go to the option called “Advanced.” You can find an option called “Default Format” as well. Just click on that menu to drop the options down. Then, choose a value higher than 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality).
- Once you have done that, you can click on the option called “Apply” and choose “OK.” Then, you can save the changed settings from proceeding.
That’s it. Just check if your Logitech speakers are not working with Windows 10. If they are still not working, follow the below steps.
Method 4: Check Your Audio Drivers and Update Them
If your Logitech speakers are not working even after the previous solutions, that can be due to a driver-related error. Your audio drivers can stop working because of bad drivers.
The term “bad” can represent corrupted, infected, or outdated drivers. So, in this case, you should update your existing drivers to fix the error. Mentioned below is how to perform it.
- First, you should launch the “Run” command and enter the text “devmgmt.msc“.
- After that, you should hit “Enter,” and the “Device Manager” will be opened as a separate window.
- Now, you can perform a double-click on the option called “Sound, Video and Games Controllers.”
- Once the list is expanded, you should perform a right-click on the driver. Then, choose the option called “Update Driver.”
- Now, you will notice another pop-up window. On that, choose the option “Search Automatically for Updated Drivers Software.”
- Just follow the simple instructions provided on the screen. That will lead to the completion of the process.
- Why aren’t my Logitech speakers working? There could be several reasons, such as unplugged cables, disabled speakers, mismatched audio settings, or outdated drivers.
- How can I fix my Logitech speakers? You can troubleshoot both hardware and software issues, as mentioned in the article.
- What do I do if my speakers are disabled? You can enable them through the sound settings on your computer.
- How do I update my audio drivers? You can do this from the Device Manager on your computer.
- What if none of these solutions work? It’s best to seek professional help if none of the above solutions work.
That’s it. After trying all these options, check if your Logitech speakers are not working on Windows 10.
If you are still unable to make it work, it can be an error related to the speakers themselves. Perhaps, it could be a malfunctioning of the speakers.