One of which is the lack of Bluetooth or any phone-to-phone sharing software. But of course, you can load ringtones from iTunes or download them to your iPhone with the help of your PC. If you want to send a ringtone from one iPhone to another, it can be quite difficult to do so.
Still, there are ways through which you can do just that, and in this article, we will teach you how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone using several different methods.
But before that, we will understand why you need a ringtone, how to compose ringtones from iPhone, and finally, how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone. So, shall we begin?
In today’s world, having a ringtone on your iPhone has become necessary. Granted, you can easily use your iPhone’s most basic Apple ringtone and be branded as archaic. But if you want to keep up with the times, you need one for your iPhone.
There are many types of ringtones that you can use. You can use a song from your favorite genre, you can use a particular sound that you find amusing, it can also be the sound of your loved one if you are cheesy, or it can also be a message that either you have recorded for yourself or a message you have gotten from someone else.
Whichever ringtone you choose, it will tell a lot about you as it will be played every time you get a call and regardless of where you might be. So, be careful while choosing a good ringtone that matches your personality.
Now let us look at how you can send ringtones from iPhone to iPhone using a special software specially designed for this particular task.
Even though other smartphones have an added advantage over iPhones for sharing ringtones with the help of Bluetooth and NFC sharing, iPhones do not have to stay behind.
This is because there is special software that you can use to transfer ringtones from one iPhone to another quite easily. One of these software is dr.fone – Phone Manager (iOS) which can be used for not just transferring ringtones from one iPhone to another but also for so much more!
dr.fone – Phone Manager (iOS)
dr.fone is an incredible software that you can download for free on your iPhone, and it can be used for many things, including making your own personal ringtones yourself. Here is a list of all the things dr.fone can do very easily:
- Easily transfer photos and music from one iPhone to another without worrying about the restrictions of iTunes.
- It can help you perfectly back up and restore your iTunes library.
- Help you transfer videos and audio from your iPhone to your PC and iTunes.
- It can both export and back up your messages, contacts, documents, MMS, and other files.
- You can also perform a one-click backup of your iPhone to your PC.
- Create customized ringtones for you.
- It is supported by all iOS devices and compatible with iOS 17.
Learn how to compose iPhone ringtones using dr.fone.
Step 1: Install and launch dr.fone on your PC, and then connect your iPhone to your PC with the help of a USB cable.
Step 2: Once dr.fone registers your iPhone, you will be able to see the image and the model number of your iPhone. After this, you need to locate the music icon at the top of the screen and click on it.
Step 3: Once you click on the music icon, you will be redirected to the music window. In the music window, you can look at the option of ‘Ringtone Maker.’
Click on it, and you can choose between ‘device music‘ and ‘local music.’ Choose the one through which you want your ringtone from.
Step 4: Open the window and choose the song you want your ringtone to be made from. dr.fone will play every song you choose and finally select the one you want your ringtone from.
Afterward, choose the part of the song you want to make the ringtone of, and the part of 40 seconds at the maximum will be selected. Then you can save it either to your PC or your iPhone.
Step 5: You can preview the ringtone before exporting it by clicking on the ‘Ringtone Audition‘ option.
And hence your ringtone will be composed and ready to be used as your iPhone’s ringtone. So, now let us look at how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone with the help of dr.fone software:
In this part of the article, we will finally look at how you can transfer ringtones from one iPhone to another with the help of dr.fone software. To understand it, simply follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Open dr.fone on your PC and then connect both of your iPhones to your PC with the help of USB cables. Wait for both of your devices to be recognized by the software, then move to the next step.
Step 2: Select the device from which you wish to transfer the ringtone and open the music tab. Once the music tab is open on your screen, choose the ringtone option on the left sidebar, and move on to the next step.
Step 3: As the ringtone option opens, you can choose the music you want to transfer as the ringtone from your iPhone to another. Choose the music and then click on the Export option.
Step 4: Once you click on export, you will be able to go to the drop-down menu and choose your target destination. In the target destination, choose your other iPhone and then export your ringtone to your other iPhone.
And so, you will now be aware of how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone with the help of dr.fone – Phone Manager (iOS) by Wondershare.
But what if you do not want to use dr.fone for transferring the ringtone from iPhone to iPhone? Fear not, because we have another software with its method through which you can learn how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone very easily as well. This software is called the AnyTrans software.
AnyTrans is the best iTunes alternative and can perform several tasks for your iPhone. Here is a list of features that AnyTrans can easily perform:
- Transfer ringtones, songs, messages, videos, documents, chats, contacts, and emails from your iPhone to PC or iPhone to iPhone.
- It is perfectly safe and does all its transfers without losing any data.
- Send ringtones directly from iPhones to iPhones.
- You can also use it to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iTunes, iPhone to the computer, and iTunes to iPhone.
- It is an all-purpose iPhone content manager that can be downloaded for free.
- It is easily functional overall iOS devices, including iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, and iMac PC, and is compatible with the latest iOS 17.
How to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone using AnyTrans.
For this transfer, you will need your iPhone and two different USB cables, your personal computer or Mac, and you will need to download AnyTrans. Just follow the steps below, and you will be able to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone very easily:
Step 1: Install and open AnyTrans on your computer and then connect both of your iPhones to your computer with the help of the USB cables. Once the software recognizes both of your devices, move on to the next step.
Step 2: Click on ‘Audio‘ and ‘Ringtones‘ on the homepage.
Step 3: Select the ringtones you wish to transfer from one iPhone to another, and then click on ‘To Device‘ in the window’s top right corner.
Your transfer will begin, and by the end, you will be able to use the ringtone you sent from your other iPhone into your new iPhone. You can set it as your ringtone, which will be played whenever you are called.
And so, you have now understood how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone.
iTunes is usually the first go-to solution for iOS users when they need to shift data from iPhone to PC or contrariwise. However, despite its free solution, using iTunes can sometimes be somewhat complicated.
This is usually because of the unavailability of a viable method for moving data directly from an iPhone to a different iPhone using iTunes.
Hence, while using the iTunes tool, you must shift your ringtones from the older phone device into iTunes and transfer them back to the new iPhone device.
If you have experienced this anguish, these tips are perfect for transferring ringtones from iPhone to iPhone with the help of iTunes.
Start by connecting the original iPhone device to your PC and initiate iTunes.
Choose your phone name on the iTunes interface to go to the ‘Tones’ segment.
At this point, start checking on the ‘Sync Tones’ choice and start syncing every one of your ringtones to iTunes from your phone device. Select the ‘Apply’ option to activate it.
When it is completed, start disconnecting the old iPhone device.
If you have any saved ringtones on your local storage, visit the Add Files from Files menu in the Library option to import your preferred ringtone files to iTunes from your phone’s local storage.
When you have added the ringtone of your choice to iTunes, start to attach the desired phone device to the system.
To know the method of transferring your ringtones from iTunes to the iPhone device, choose the device and visit the ‘Tones’ section.
Next, confirm the ‘Sync Tones’ choice. The desired ringtones to be synced can be manually chosen or entirely selected.
Tap on the ‘Apply’ option so that the chosen ringtones are synced to the desired target.
After using the above tips, you can successfully learn how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone with the help of iTunes.
If you prefer a wireless method, you can use iCloud to transfer your ringtones. Follow these steps:
- On your old iPhone, go to “Settings” and tap on your Apple ID at the top.
- Select “iCloud” and make sure the “iCloud Drive” toggle is turned on.
- Scroll down and enable the “Tones” option.
- Wait for the ringtones to sync with iCloud.
- On your new iPhone, repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Make sure the “iCloud Drive” and “Tones” options are enabled.
- Your ringtones will be downloaded to your new device.
Part 7: Using OneDrive
You may shift your desired ringtone files from iPhone to iPhone devices in seconds using the dr.fone tool.
Additionally, you can use cloud service options like the OneDrive tool in case you want to make wireless transfers. One may also protect their files on cloud storage, besides transferring them to different devices.
As a first move, start downloading OneDrive simultaneously on both your iPhone devices through the App Store.
Next, initiate OneDrive on the source phone and click the plus icon (‘+’) to put any file on the drive. Hit on the ‘Upload’ option and find desired ringtones on your device’s storage to put up on drive space.
Start launching OneDrive on the desired phone and log in with similar credentials. Find the file which you recently added to the drive space. Initiate the file and download it to the local storage.
Part 8: Using AirDrop
AirDrop is a convenient feature that allows you to wirelessly transfer files between Apple devices. To transfer ringtones using AirDrop:
- Enable AirDrop on both iPhones by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and selecting AirDrop from the Control Center.
- On your old iPhone, go to the “Sounds & Haptics” settings and choose the desired ringtone.
- Tap on the share icon and select the new iPhone from the AirDrop options.
- Accept the incoming request on your new iPhone to receive the ringtone.
Part 9: Using File Sharing Apps
File sharing apps provide an easy way to transfer ringtones between iPhones. Here’s how to use them:
- Install a reliable file sharing app like “Files” or “Shareit” on both devices.
- Open the app on your old iPhone and select the ringtones you want to transfer.
- Use the sharing or send feature within the app to send the ringtones.
- On your new iPhone, open the file sharing app and receive the transferred ringtones.
Part 10: Using GarageBand
GarageBand is a popular music creation app that can also be used to transfer ringtones. Here’s how:
- Install GarageBand on your old iPhone if it’s not already installed.
- Open GarageBand and create a new project.
- Import the desired ringtone into GarageBand.
- Edit the ringtone if necessary and save it as a project.
- Share the project via AirDrop, email, or another method.
- On your new iPhone, open the shared project and save it as a ringtone.
Part 11: Using Messaging Apps
Messaging apps like WhatsApp, iMessage, or Telegram can also facilitate the transfer of ringtones. Here’s a general guide on how to use messaging apps for this purpose:
- Install the messaging app on both iPhones.
- Start a chat or conversation with yourself or the recipient on both devices.
- Use the app’s attachment or file sharing feature to send the ringtones.
- Download the ringtones from the chat or conversation on your new iPhone.
1. Can I transfer ringtones between iPhones without a computer?
Yes, you can transfer ringtones between iPhones without a computer using methods like iCloud, AirDrop, third-party apps, or cloud storage services.
2. Do I need to purchase ringtones again for my new iPhone?
If you previously purchased ringtones from the iTunes Store, you can download them again on your new iPhone without an additional charge.
3. Are there any limitations on the file format for transferring ringtones?
Most methods support popular audio file formats like MP3 and M4R for ringtones. However, it’s always recommended to check the compatibility of the chosen method or app.
4. Can I transfer ringtones from an Android device to an iPhone?
The methods described in this article are specifically for transferring ringtones between iPhones. Transferring ringtones from an Android device to an iPhone might require different steps or additional apps.
5. How can I set a transferred ringtone as my default ringtone on the new iPhone?
After transferring the ringtones, you can go to the “Sounds & Haptics” settings on your new iPhone and select the desired ringtone as your default ringtone.
Transferring ringtones from one iPhone to another is now easier than ever with various methods at your disposal. Whether you prefer using iTunes, iCloud, third-party apps, or other means, you can carry your favorite ringtones to your new device seamlessly. Choose the method that suits you best and enjoy the personalized sounds on your new iPhone.