With the release of Windows 10, there are a lot of different features added to the Windows operating system – many of which were either to improve the user interface or to improve the general performance of how Windows runs on computers.
One of the biggest features introduced is Cortana, a voice-instructed assistant. That being said, Windows 10 is far from flawless, and over recent months, there have been a lot of reports regarding how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10 and users explaining that this feature doesn’t work.
1. Using Photos App to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
First, we’ll be showing you how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10 by using the built-in Photos app that is a part of the Windows 10 operating system.
This is a relatively straightforward app to use with Windows 10, and it even gives you the option to transfer multiple photos at once.
#1 – Start by connecting your iPhone to your computer using the appropriate USB cable.
#2 – The Photos app should automatically launch, but if it doesn’t, search “Photos” in the search bar.
#3 – After “Photos” has scanned your iPhone, click on the import icon located at the top-right of the display.
#4 – Using the menu which will now be shown on your display, follow the import steps and select a file location to save the photos too.
#5 – Lastly, after each import step, the photos will be exported from your iPhone to your computer.
This is an easy method to follow, and if you have been struggling to transfer your photos, this will most likely get the job done. One of the benefits of using this method is that you can have the images you transfer deleted from your iPhone afterward.
2. Using Windows Explorer to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
Next, if the Photos app doesn’t interest you, you can also try using a Windows Explorer window.
#1 – Start by connecting your iPhone with a lightning cable.
#2 – On the Windows taskbar, click on the Windows Explorer shortcut.
#3 – From the sidebar, click on “This PC” and then on your iPhone.
#4 – Double-click on “Internal Storage” followed by “DCIM.”
#5 – Browse each of the folders shown and locate any of the photos you want to transfer. Simply drag and drop them from the folder and onto your desktop.
3. Using Cloud Service to Transfer iPhone Photos to PC
Another popular way of learning how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10 is by using a cloud storage service.
This can often be the most convenient way to transfer data as no cables are involved, and there are several easy-to-use cloud storage services.
We’ll focus on the three that are OneDrive, DropBox, and iCloud – all of which are compatible with iPhones.
One of the drawbacks of using a cloud storage service is that you have to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to transfer your files.
On top of that, if you have a slow connection, it’ll take significantly longer than a cabled method. Nonetheless, we’ll be showing you how to use each of the platforms that we discussed above.
The first cloud service that we’ll be showing you how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10 with is OneDrive.
#1 – Launch the OneDrive computer program and connect your iPhone.
#2 – Click on the “Settings” icon and select the folder where your photos are currently saved (in this case, in the “Internal Storage > DCIM” folder of your iPhone”).
#3 – Press the “OK” button, and after a few minutes, your photos will be transferred.
If you don’t use OneDrive but instead DropBox, follow our steps below.
#1 – Download and install the Dropbox Desktop Sync program on your computer.
#2 – Click on the Dropbox taskbar icon and “Settings.”
#3 – From here, click on “Preferences > Accounts” and then on “Selective Sync.”
#4 – Select the folder containing your photos, and your photos will automatically sync.
The most popular cloud service iPhone users use is iCloud, and if you use it too, the guide below will show you how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10.
#1 – Download the iCloud Windows 10 program and follow the installation steps.
#2 – Log in to iCloud using your Apple account’s email and password.
#3 – Go to the “Options” tab and check the “Photos” box.
#4 – Next, check the “My Photo Stream” box and “Upload new photos from my PC.”
#5 – Lastly, click on the “Done” button and then the “Apply” button.
Also read: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone.
4. Using iCareFone to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10
The most effective way that you can transfer photos from your iPhone to a Windows 10 PC is to use Tenorshare iCareFone, a program that has been designed for data transferring.
About iCareFone (iCareFone Review)
While we aimed to inform you on how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10, there are a lot of other features included in the iCareFone program.
- Selectively export any types of data from your iPhone.
- Restore or selectively restore data from a backup that you have taken.
- Compatible with all iPhones and recent iOS versions.
- Try the program for free before you purchase it.
- Selectively restore data from iCloud backups and iTunes backups.
As you might have guessed, this is definitely the program that you want to use for transferring your photos between your iPhone and your computer.
1. Can I transfer photos wirelessly from my iPhone to my Windows 10 PC? Yes, you can transfer photos wirelessly using iCloud Photos or third-party apps like Google Photos or Dropbox.
2. Will transferring photos from my iPhone to PC delete them from my iPhone? No, transferring photos from your iPhone to a PC will create a copy on your PC while leaving the original photos on your iPhone intact.
3. How do I select multiple photos at once for transfer? In most methods, you can select multiple photos by holding the Ctrl key (or Command key on Mac) and clicking on the desired photos.
4. Can I transfer other media files like videos and music using these methods? Yes, most of the methods mentioned in this article support transferring videos and music files along with photos.
5. Are the methods mentioned in this article applicable to all versions of Windows? Yes, the methods described here are applicable to Windows 10, but they may also work with earlier versions of Windows.
Knowing how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10 can be incredibly useful and gives you a chance to use something other than iTunes for transferring iOS data.
Fortunately, there is a wide range of different transferring methods above, and regardless of which of the above you choose to use, you’ll quickly transfer your photos.