Many users want to know how to send large videos on WhatsApp via iPhone and Android devices due to the 16mb-limitation it features.
So, here we intend to explain how to get that job done without much trouble.
There is no doubt about the popularity of WhatsApp; it has become a norm in terms of communication. You will find it exceptionally convenient to send and receive files with WhatsApp, apart from making calls.
However, there is a limitation when it comes to sharing large files through WhatsApp. That’s exactly why many individuals explore methods that can exceed this limitation.
So, go ahead and check how to send large videos on WhatsApp.
Part 1: The Limitations Applied to WhatsApp Video
Besides the large range of friendly features of WhatsApp, there are some restrictions when you share video files. So, knowing those limitations can be handy for any WhatsApp user. In this section, we discuss those restrictions regarding video file sharing.
PS: if you are experiencing the errors like WhatsApp not working, here are the top solutions for you.
When it comes to the biggest shareable video size on WhatsApp is 16 megabytes. Any user will not like such a limitation. So, if it is a standard video, you can expect a video shorter than 2-3 mins. The same ratio can be applied to other types of files you might share.
Besides, let’s figure out how to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone.
● Video formats that are compatible with WhatsApp
In addition to the size, WhatsApp has a limitation when it comes to file formats as well. That means WhatsApp is compatible with some video formats only. For instance, it allows you to share MP4, AVI, MOV, 3GP, and MKV.
Also, the codec capabilities will affect the compatibility of the files. That means the video files you share should retain the H264 codec. On the other hand, the audio codec should be AAC. Otherwise, you will not be able to share the files as expected.
Part 2: What is the best way to reduce the size of the videos
You might be reading this article to learn how to send large videos via Android or iPhone on WhatsApp. In this case, a tool like Wondershare UniConverter can be very handy.
You can consider UniConverter to be a comprehensive tool kit that comes with versatile features. It can reduce the sizes of the videos without dropping the quality. It can convert videos to be compatible with devices like Android, iPads, and iPhones.
Also, it can download videos from different sources and convert them to different formats. You can also use the same tool to share the videos with other devices.
On top of that, it’s possible to use this tool on both Mac and Windows operating systems. Mainly, in this case, UniConverter can be used to compress your videos to a WhatsApp-compatible size.
- It can compress videos into very small ones so you can share them without burden.
- It works seamlessly with more than 1000 audio and video formats.
- You can use the same tool to edit videos, crop, add watermarks, rotate, and perform other tasks.
- It has the ability to transfer files, including videos, from your PC or Mac to other devices.
- It works with more than 10000 video-sharing platforms to download videos.
- Convert and compress several video files simultaneously (batch conversion or compression).
- It has a very powerful toolbox with greater versatility.
- Compatible with both Windows and macOS systems.
How to send large videos on WhatsApp after converting them through UniConverter
Below is how to send large videos on WhatsApp iPhone or Android after converting them through UniConverter.
● First, you should add the respective video to the application interface.
First, you should download and install the application on your computer. Then, you should see the tab labeled “Video Compressor.” The respective tab will be opened as per the default settings.
Then, you should click the button called “Add Files.” That will let you import the videos from your local storage. If not, you can even “Drag” those files and “Drop” them to the interface.
● Set the parameters of the video that should be compressed
Now, you will be able to find the Gear-like icon, which is located under “Target.” Then, you should drag the slide bar to adjust the video file’s parameters.
For instance, you can change the resolution and the bitrate to reduce the video’s size. Also, it allows you to preview the output video for 20 seconds.
● Compress the video
Now, you should hit the Convert option next to “Start All.”
● Transfer the file
Once the compression is completed, you can find them under “Finished.” Then, right-click on that file and check if the respective file is there. You can choose “Open File-Location” to proceed.
After that, you are supposed to connect the phone to the same computer using a good USB cable. You can add the output file using the option “File Location.” Once the file is located, you should choose “Transfer.”
Part 3: Other methods to send pretty larger video files
Now that you know how to send large videos on WhatsApp, let’s learn about some alternatives. In this case, you will be able to use the below-mentioned options.
- Method 01: You can trim down unwanted parts of the video you intend to compress. You should use a tool with converting ability for Android or iPhone. Then, it will allow you to bring the size of the video down to 16MB.
- Method 02: Split the image videos into several smaller pieces (each less than 16MB) and share them.
- Method 03: Use an online tool to compress WhatsApp videos for free and send them through WhatsApp.
Let’s take a look at those methods in a detailed manner.
Method 01: How to send large video on WhatsApp Android device
In this section, let’s learn how to send large videos on WhatsApp Android devices.
- In this case, you will have to look up the PlayStore and choose a good video converter. That should be able to trim off the unwanted segments.
- Then, you can even cut the long video into several different video clips. All those video clips must be smaller than 16MB.
- Now, it is possible to share those videos through WhatsApp.
Method 02: How to send large video on WhatsApp iPhone
This paragraph will explain how to send large videos on WhatsApp iPhone.
- First, you should go to Apple’s App Store and find a good video converter.
- Once you have done that, you can share that video clip with someone you like.
Method 03: Sending large videos on WhatsApp using an online method
- First, open any web browser and go to the URL Media.io. After that, choose the option called “Video Compressor.” That can be seen in the menu called “Online Tools.”
- You can click on the option called “Add File.” After that, you can add any video from the PC to proceed.
- You can choose the output’s size and quality and click “Compress.” That will compress the video according to the parameters you have set.
WhatsApp indeed has some “stingy” features regarding the size of the files. So, if you have a pretty large video to share, you may consider sharing it in a different manner.
In fact, there are two excellent methods to get it done. Mentioned below are those methods for your reference.
01. Google Drive
One of the best methods you can try is Google Drive when it comes to sharing large files. As of today, many individuals use Drive on their devices to backup files. You can make use of the same feature to share files too.
The process of sending large video files on WhatsApp through Google Drive is mentioned below.
- First, you should upload your data to Google Drive. To do that, you should click the “+” icon if it can be found on its home screen. If not, you can share it directly and choose to save it in Google Drive.
- After uploading the file into Google Drive, you should hit the respective file or files. Then, hold it for a couple of minutes. Several options can be seen, and choose “Copy Link.”
- After that, you should open WhatsApp. Then, launch a chat with someone.
- Now, click inside the text area and paste that link. Now, your contacts will be able to download the content.
Dropbox is another excellent online option that can be used to share videos or any other file online. In this case, you are supposed to have an account in Dropbox. As the first step, you should register for an account. Then, proceed with the following steps.
- You can launch Dropbox now and choose to click the “+” symbol. Then, you can navigate to the respective video that should be added. After that, you can click on the icon that appears as three dots to proceed. Then, you can hit the option called “Share.”
- When you’re on a new screen, generate a link to download. You can copy that URL. Then, you may share the same with your WhatsApp contact.
Drawbacks and benefits associated with Cloud-based solutions
Cloud-based solutions are indeed perfect for accomplishing some tasks. However, there are some limitations associated with cloud-based solutions.
Mentioned below are the benefits and drawbacks to consider.
- Those platforms allow you to share huge files on social media with no issue.
- It can be used as a backup option.
- They are pretty reliable
- Cloud-based data is safe even if something happens to your physical hard drives.
- Cloud-based storage systems always come with some limitations when it comes to shareable file size.
- No editing or improvement options are available.
- They don’t offer file conversion options.
- The upload and download process will take a considerably longer period based on connection speed and bandwidth.
Part 5. How to send large videos on WhatsApp from one device to another
You may often wonder how to transfer WhatsApp data from one device to another. Such a requirement often appears when you have to switch from one device to another.
For instance, after purchasing a new device. If you wonder how to transfer that data successfully, mentioned below is how to do it.
You can use a professional tool like iCareFone Transfer to make things a lot easier. It is a superb file manager that can also transfer WhatsApp data between different platforms. For instance, it can transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone or vice-versa.
Below is how to send large videos on WhatsApp from one device to another.
- Download iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer and install it on your PC. Then, you should connect both smartphones to the same computer. Click on the option called “Transfer.” Be sure that the older device is connected first.
- Then, you should create a backup of the WhatsApp data. To do that, you can click on “Continue.”
- During this process, make sure that you verify the account (by entering your phone number).
- It will take a couple of minutes. Then, you will see the message “Transfer Successful.”
Q1: Is there a way to bypass the WhatsApp file size limit without compressing or splitting the video?
Unfortunately, WhatsApp imposes a file size limit to ensure optimal performance and prevent congestion. Compressing or splitting the video remains the most practical approach to send large videos on WhatsApp.
Q2: Will compressing a video reduce its quality significantly?
Video compression algorithms are designed to minimize quality loss while reducing the file size. However, some level of quality compromise is inevitable. It’s advisable to strike a balance between file size and video quality when compressing videos.
Q3: Can I send large videos on WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web has the same file size restrictions as the mobile app. Therefore, the methods mentioned in this article, such as compressing videos or using cloud storage services, can also be applied when using WhatsApp Web.
Q4: Are there any alternative messaging apps that don’t have file size limitations for videos?
While some messaging apps may have higher file size limits or no limits at all, it’s important to consider factors such as recipient availability and app popularity. WhatsApp remains one of the most widely used messaging platforms globally, making it convenient for most communication purposes.
Q5: What should I do if the recipient doesn’t have access to the cloud storage service I used to share the video?
In such cases, it’s advisable to choose alternative methods, such as compressing the video or using private video sharing services. These methods allow you to send the video directly, without relying on the recipient’s access to specific cloud storage platforms.
So, that’s how to send large videos on WhatsApp, iPhone, or Android. As you can see, there is no official method on WhatsApp to transfer files larger than 16MB.
In that case, you will have to use an option like Wondershare UniConverter to accomplish that task.