If you want to learn how to delete a recently played playlist on Spotify, you have come to the right page. Here, we will discuss everything there is to know about deleting Spotify playlists.
In today’s time, there is no doubt that Spotify is one of the largest music streaming services available. Each day, thousands, if not hundreds, of artists upload original music and other content in podcasts and videos worldwide.
Once you download the official Spotify application, you have the choice to create customized playlists and also share them with your friends. Additionally, you also have the option to remove songs from these playlists.
However, the question remains – how to clear recently played on Spotify? We will talk about it in this article.
How Can You Delete a Spotify Playlist?
If you want to learn how to delete a Spotify playlist, you can do so via the Spotify application. The steps are straightforward, and they should not take more than a minute or two:
1. First, open the Spotify application on your desktop or laptop.
2. On the left-hand side, you will see all the playlists you have created. Click on any of these playlists and then the three dots in the top-right corner.
3. You will see a small pop-up where you should see the ‘Delete‘ option.
4. Confirm and tap on the ‘Delete‘ button again.
You can also access your Spotify profile on your web browser. You need to log into your account. As for the rest, the steps remain the same as above. The browsers where you can delete your Spotify playlists include:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
The steps mentioned above will only help you learn how to delete playlists on Spotify on your account.
Meanwhile, the music streaming service will still store your playlist on its servers. This means that even if you delete your playlist on Spotify, it will still be available for the followers and subscribers of the particular playlist.
If you do not want the subscribers or followers to access the playlist you want to delete, you must remove the individual songs first. This needs to be done manually.
The Steps on How to Clear Recently Played on Spotify:
1. Head over to your playlist and then to the song library.
2. To select all the playlists’ tracks, press the ‘Shift‘ button.
3. To open the next drop-down menu, right-click on the selection.
4. Here, you will see the ‘Delete‘ option. Tap on this button.
5. If you want to convert your playlist into a divider, you can rename the playlist as ‘–‘ once you have removed all the tracks.
How to Delete Playlist on Spotify on Your iPhone?
Spotify is one of the most downloaded applications on the Apple App Store. You can easily download the app for free or apply for a premium subscription.
Whatever option you choose, you can make the required changes on your Spotify playlist.
Now, let us learn how to clear recently played on Spotify from your iPhone smartphone:
1. Launch the Spotify application on your iPhone.
2. On the bottom-right corner of the app, you will find the ‘Your Library‘ tab.
3. On the top-right corner of your screen, you will find three horizontal dots; click on them.
4. Keep scrolling, and you will find the ‘Delete Playlist‘ option; click on it.
5. A new pop-up will open to confirm whether you want to delete the said playlist. Click on ‘Delete‘ to confirm the deletion.
The only downside of this method is that it will only work with the latest iOS models.
Besides, if you are experiencing the issues like Spotify not responding on Windows 10, here are the top solutions.
In Case You Want to Learn How to Delete Playlist on Spotify on Older iOS, the Steps Are:
1. Launch the Spotify application and head to Your Library.
2. From the list of available options, select ‘Playlists.’
3. Access the list of available playlists by clicking on the ‘Edit‘ button.
4. Select the playlists that you want to remove. On the left-hand side, click on the small red circle.
5. To remove the playlist, tap on the ‘Delete‘ button.
Also, if you wonder about it, can you listen to Spotify on a plane? This guide is just for you.
How to Delete a Spotify Playlist on Your Android Devices?
The official Spotify application can also be downloaded for Android devices. Of course, the app may look different for various Android devices. However, the main functionalities remain the same.
You can also learn how to clear recently played on Spotify for Android devices. The steps include:
1. Launch the Spotify application.
2. Click on Your Library and then the three vertical dots on the screen’s upper-right corner.
3. Click on the ‘Delete‘ option from the available menu.
How Do You Recover Your Deleted Spotify Playlists?
There may have been times when you deleted your Spotify playlist by mistake. If you have ever done so, you do have the choice to restore and recover the playlist well within 90 days of the deletion.
The only catch here is that you cannot restore a playlist that has crossed 90 days after the deletion.
Also, recovering your playlists can only be done via your web browser. Now, let us learn how you can recover your deleted playlist.
1. On your web browser, open the Spotify web platform and log into your account.
2. On the left-hand side of the screen, you need to tap on the menu. Here, select the Recover Playlists option.
3. You will find all the playlists you have deleted within the last 90 days. You can restore these playlists by tapping on the Restore button.
4. Once done, you will see that the deleted playlist is available on your profile.
Here are some common FAQs related to deleting Spotify playlists:
Can I Learn How to Delete Recently Played on Spotify?
Yes, apart from deleting your Spotify playlists, you can also choose to learn how to delete recently played on Spotify. You are allowed to remove individual songs from your playlists too.
Let us learn how to clear songs recently played from playlists on Spotify on your PC:
1. On your desktop, launch the Spotify desktop application.
2. Select any playlist you wish to edit on the left-hand sidebar. Alternatively, you can also use the search bar to find the playlist.
3. Keep scrolling on the playlist and select the song you want to delete. To do this, please click on the three horizontal lines.
4. You will find a drop-down menu where you have to select the ‘Remove from This Playlist‘ option.
Now, you can also remove songs individually from your playlists. This option is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Let us learn how to delete songs from playlists on Spotify on your phone:
- Launch the Spotify application.
- Select the playlist that you want to edit. Alternatively, you can type in the playlist’s name in the search bar.
- Look for the song you want to delete from the playlist and tap on the three dots next to it.
- Select the ‘Remove from This Playlist’ button in the pop-up menu that appears.
Based on your listening activities, Spotify keeps creating specific playlists. For example, you will find the Liked Songs and the Recently Played playlists. While they are made by default, you can easily edit them.
Let us learn how to clear recently played songs from playlists on Spotify on your smartphone:
- Open the Spotify application.
- On the left-hand side, head to the menu sidebar.
- You must select the ‘Recently Played‘ option from the list of available options.
- Keep scrolling through the songs that have recently been added to this library. To remove the content, tap on the three horizontal dots.
- Select the ‘Remove from Recently Played‘ option on the pop-up window.
The exact process goes for the Liked Songs playlist as well. However, the difference here is that you need to de-select the heart option next to the song’s title.
After the heart symbol has been de-selected, the song is no longer in the Liked Songs playlist. This is how to delete recently played on Spotify.
How to Quickly Delete Spotify Playlists?
Of course, you have the choice to use your keyboard shortcuts to delete multiple songs in one go. However, this option is only available for the older desktop Spotify versions.
Now, let us check how to delete recently played on Spotify quickly.
- Launch the Spotify desktop application.
- Select any song from the playlist.
- Once done, tap on Ctrl + A; this will select all the songs in the playlist.
- Next, tap the ‘Delete‘ button on your keyboard to remove all songs from the playlist.
Is There Any Way to Delete Spotify on My iPhone?
If you are not happy with the services provided by Spotify, you can choose to remove the application from your iPhone. Let us learn how you can do so.
1. The first step is taping the Spotify icon to launch the application.
2. Go to the Home menu and tap on the Settings option.
3. Next, head to the Storage option and tap on the Delete Cache.
4. Exit the Spotify application and head towards the Settings option of your iPhone.
5. Head to ‘General‘ and then on the ‘iPhone Storage‘ option.
6. Keep scrolling through the applications until you find Spotify.
7. You will find the ‘Offload App‘ option. This option will remove the application from your iPhone. However, there will still be a few files left.
8. Select ‘Delete App‘ from the list to remove the leftover files.
9. Switch off your iPhone and back on after a few minutes. Once you open the application, the file will be entirely removed.
Everything has been explained above, whether you want to learn how to delete playlists on Spotify or how to delete recently played ones on Spotify.
Please let us know in the comment section below if you have any other questions or queries.