If you have the built-in email application in your iPhone, then many times, it cannot get mail because the connection to the server fails.
This is very frustrating, and it frequently happens with mail services like Yahoo mail and Microsoft Exchange. The iPhone models like X/XR/XS/11/11/12/13/14 Pro running on versions 16/15/14/13 also face the issue.
Let us help you to deal with this issue as we provide the best solutions in this article. Read on.
Besides, click to learn how to fix the ‘Snapchat There Was a Problem Connecting to The Server‘ issue.
Two Best Software to Troubleshoot the Mail Connection Error
Read through this list of 3 amazing tools to fix your iOS issues.
PS: If you are bothered with the issues such as iTunes error 9, here are the best solutions.
iToolab FixGo to Fix ‘iOS Cannot Get Mail – The Connection To The Server Failed’
When the problem lies with the software, it becomes very difficult to deal with. One solution might not work for you, and you may have to come down to another one.
Here, we introduce you to this amazing software called the iToolab FixGo which will help your iPhone when it cannot get mail because the connection to the server fails. It will help you update the firmware, which may act as a one-stop solution to many problems.
This particular software can be run on the iOS 16 model smoothly. This third-party tool can fix almost any regular software issue that your device might be suffering from. Using this program is very simple.
All you need to do is start downloading it on your PC. Then you have to connect the iOS device to the PC and follow the instructions as they appear on the screen. Voila! You are done.
The list is not over yet, and here we are with another great tool that will help your device when it cannot get mail because the connection to the server fails.
It is worth a try as it promises to give sure results when dealing with many iOS firmware issues. We assure you that all the issues will be dealt with.
- This is the best recovery software for the iOS 16 model and its system.
- It protects the data stored on the device against any loss.
- If the phone gets stuck in recovery mode, the tool will be at your rescue.
- It is compatible with many iPhone models and versions, including iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/11/12/13/14, iOS 16/15/14/13, and the earlier ones.
Some Other Fixes are when the Phone Cannot Get Mail, the Connection to the Server Failed
Check Your Internet Connection
This is a very basic step that you might need to check for the initials. A slow data connection may be causing the connection hindrance. Get an active and fast internet connection if that is the case.
Re-activate the Mail Account
Some situations might see the email server rejecting the incoming and outgoing information related to your mail account, which may become a regular cause. You can try removing and re-configuring the email account to solve this issue.
Here is how you can do it:
- Open Phone settings and click on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
- Open the troublesome mail account and then tap on the button Delete Account.
- Go back to the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.” Tap on the Add Account button.
- Select the email provider of your choice, like Gmail or Yahoo Mail, or Exchange. Now Sign-in into the email account.
- Once you finish all this, you will see that the mail messages are refreshed. Look if the problem persists or it is gone.
Change the Mail Inbox
If you cannot get mail if the connection to the server fails, you may try creating another temporary folder and direct the emails from the server to it. This folder will act as a safe location for emails.
With the right settings, you can move the mail easily. You can even create permanent folders for this purpose.
Change the Security Settings of Microsoft Exchange
This process will require technical knowledge, but don’t worry; we need your help. When the phone cannot get mail, the connection to the server fails.
You may need to get into the server settings of the phone and then make changes there. This might just solve the issue for you. Let’s see the steps to be able to do so:
- Open the tab ‘Active Directory Users and computer’ on the PC. Now select the option View and click on the Advanced Features option in the menu at the top.
- Find your mail account in the list and then right-click on it. Then select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab and then choose the option Advanced.
- Tick the box next to the option ‘Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent.’
Some More Fixes
There are some of the solutions left that you can try, which have been reported by many users for successfully fixing the iPhone that cannot get mail because the connection to the server failed. They work on any iPhone/iPod touch/iPad. Here are the steps to follow.
- You can try enabling the Airplane Mode in the settings of the phone. Then disable the option again.
- Try turning the iCloud off. Now go to the saved mail accounts on your phone and reset the password of all of them.
- Refresh the Network settings on the phone. Click on General in phone Settings and then Reset. Finally, click Reset Network Settings.
- You can also change the field of ‘Mail Days to Sync’ to ‘No Limit.’ This will change your mailbox settings to enable the server to sync the messages automatically as per the network availability. The server will never sync out with the messages.
The iPhone cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed error with the best methods and programs that we provided to you.
All of them are super easy and worth the try. Make your way through them and pick the best. Do share your experience with us!