If your iPhone is stuck on verifying updates, you will experience various issues afterward.
You will no longer be allowed to use your phone or navigate from one screen to another. It is needless to mention, how annoying such an instance is.
All your data, including pictures, documents, notes, messages, etc., become inaccessible until you fix it. Most iOS users find it helpless under such circumstances.
However, the good news is that this article explains how to fix the “iPhone stuck on verifying update” issue.
Before we discuss a fix to this issue, it is important to diagnose it correctly. That is because iPhones can get stuck due to other reasons as well.
As an iOS device user, you should understand that millions of other users are waiting for new iOS updates. When a new update is released, all those users tend to download the updates simultaneously from Apple servers. As a result, the servers may find it difficult to handle the traffic and get stuck.
So, you should be practical and patient enough to give it in minutes. Don’t misunderstand such a scenario with an “iPhone stuck on verifying update.” Please note that it is completely normal if it takes minutes to proceed after seeing the pop-up message.
Besides, iPhones can take longer than usual to install the update if you have a poor internet connection. As you may know, the update takes place through the internet, so you need a strong internet connection.
If you have a slow internet connection, the respective update will take a very long time. Often, iOS users think of it as a stuck update, but it is not.
Also, the remaining storage space of your iOS device may affect the speed of the update. If the iPhone is filled with data, the respective update may take longer than expected. And you may easily misunderstand that for a stuck iPhone update.
So, as a smart iPhone user, you should analyze the root cause of the issue properly before fixing it. If you are 100% sure that your iPhone is stuck on verifying, you can follow the instructions mentioned below. We hope that one of these methods will fix the issue and let you use the device smoothly.
Did something go wrong when downloading the software update for the first time? If yes, the device will not be able to get the update verified properly.
The best way to address this issue is by redownloading the latest iOS update and installing it.
To do this, you should perform a hard reset and go to iPhone and the “General” option. Then, select the “iPhone Storage” option and tap the update. You will be able to locate this file under the list of apps.
Then, tap on the respective software update file and delete it. You can do it simply by tapping on the Delete Update button that appears in red.
Once the deletion is done, you should return to the Settings app. Then, go to “General” and hit the Software Update option. This will lead you to download the latest software update once again.
If the issue is related to the downloaded file, the above trick should fix it.
You should know that it is not unusual to notice iPhone’s update verification issue. If you are lucky enough, it can be fixed even with the power button.
Before trying the method below, you should ensure that the phone is fully charged. Also, it must be connected to a solid, uninterrupted Wi-Fi network.
Although this option is more of a DIY solution, it doesn’t cost you anything to try it. Also, many users have already tried this option and found it to be effective.
01. Press the device’s power button and lock it after noticing the “iPhone stuck on verifying update” issue.
02. Then, you should wait for minutes to unlock the device. When you unlock the device, you should go to the “Settings” app and hit the “General” option.
Then, you must update the firmware. Please follow the steps mentioned in the previous section to update the iOS.
03. You can repeat the process about five times and see if the issue is fixed.
If the previous method doesn’t give you a satisfactory answer, you may go for the force restart. A force restart is also known as the Hard Reset (or Hard Reboot).
A hard reset on your iPhone will take only a couple of minutes. But this method lets you solve many issues related to our iOS device.
How to Force Restart iPhone
- Press the “Volume Up” button and release it quickly.
- Press the “Volume Down” button and release it in the same way.
- Then, press and hold the Side Button to shut down (it will take about 10 seconds)
After the restart, you can try updating the firmware. You already know how to perform a “Software Update.” This respective method will surely offer you a solution to fix the update-related issue.
In addition, Google can’t verify my account issue is one of the most common problems experienced by Google users. Let’s see how to fix it with ease.
In addition to downloading music on your iOS device, you can use iTunes to fix some iOS-related glitches. You can use iTunes to bypass the verification process.
In this section, let’s look at how to do it.
01. As the first step, you should download the latest version of iTunes and install it on the computer.
02. You should connect the faulty iPhone to the same computer via a USB cable.
03. Now, the iPhone will be detected by iTunes software.
04. You can now click on “Summary” from the provided list of options.
05. You can then select “Check for updates.”
06. After the process, you can click on the available update and hit “Update.”
07. Wait for the process to complete and keep the device connected.
With this option, it is possible to skip the verification process and enjoy your iPhone.
If you are looking for a professional and reliable method to fix the above issue, try Dr.Fone – iOS System Repair. This is a powerful tool that can fix a variety of issues related to your iOS device.
Let’s Take a Look at the Most Notable Features of Dr.Fone – System Repair
- Fix a variety of iOS-related issues without causing any data loss on your iOS device.
- It can address a variety of issues ranging from being stuck on recovery mode, iPhone keeps restarting, iPhone won’t ring, to reboot loop.
- Apart from iPhone errors, it can fix iTunes errors as well.
- It is made to be compatible with all the iOS devices.
- It works on all the iOS versions, including the latest iOS 16.
- Be compatible with both Windows and Mac.
Now, Let’s See How to Resolve This Issue Using Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS).
01. To start the process, you should download and install Dr.Fone on your computer. Then, launch it and connect your iOS device to the same using a USB cable. After that, you should click on the “System Repair” tab on the screen to move to the next level.
02. Now, the program will identify your iOS device. After Dr. Fone has identified the device, you can click “Start” to proceed.
03. You should now start the connected device in the DFU Mode.
04. When the device is put on DFU mode, Dr.Fone will download the firmware. The software will then install the firmware once again on the device. You must know that this process will take some time to get completed. Be sure to wait for a while until it is finished, therefore.
05. After the firmware installation, dr.fone will start to repair all the issues.
That should be it. However, if this process doesn’t work on the first attempt, you should try it again.
Tenorshare ReiBoot is another powerful tool that can help you overcome various iOS-related issues. Just like the previous option we have mentioned, this software doesn’t make any data loss on your device.
It is compatible with all iOS devices, including the latest ones. This software can fix issues like being stuck on the Apple logo, bricked iPhone, crashing iPhone apps, and many more.
- It doesn’t cause any data loss when fixing iOS errors.
- It’s designed to be user-friendly yet powerful.
- It works with pretty much all iOS devices.
- Be compatible with all the iOS versions.
- It doesn’t make your data vulnerable.
01. First, you should install the software on your computer and get it opened. You can download the software from their official website. Then, you should connect the faulty device to the same computer and hit “Standard Repair.”
02. Thereafter, you should put the device in DFU mode and wait until the program detects the device.
03. Once the device is detected, you can see that it downloads the firmware. All you have to do is to press the “Download” button.
04. After downloading the firmware, you should click “Start Standard Repair.” Then, you should wait for the program to resolve the issues.
Preventing the “Verifying Update” Error
To minimize the chances of encountering the “Verifying Update” error in the future, consider implementing the following preventive measures:
1. Keep Sufficient Storage Space
Regularly monitor your iPhone’s storage and ensure you have enough space for future updates. Remove unnecessary apps, files, and media to maintain an adequate storage capacity.
2. Stable Network Connection
Always connect to a stable and reliable network before initiating a software update. This will prevent interruptions during the verification process.
3. Update Software Regularly
Stay up to date with the latest software updates released by Apple. These updates often contain bug fixes, performance improvements, and security enhancements, reducing the chances of encountering errors during the update process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: Can I fix the “Verifying Update” error without losing my data?
- A: In most cases, the troubleshooting steps provided in this article should fix the error without data loss. However, it’s always recommended to have a recent backup of your iPhone before attempting any troubleshooting.
- Q: Why is my iPhone taking a long time to verify the update?
- A: The verification process can take some time, especially if the update package is large or if your network connection is slow. Patience is key during this stage, but if it persists for an unusually long time, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier.
- Q: Can I update my iPhone without a Wi-Fi connection?
- A: Yes, you can update your iPhone using a cellular data connection. However, keep in mind that software updates can be large and may consume a significant amount of your data plan. Ensure you have enough data or connect to a Wi-Fi network for a more stable and cost-effective update.
- Q: What should I do if none of the troubleshooting steps work?
- A: If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and the “Verifying Update” error persists, it’s advisable to seek assistance from an authorized Apple service provider or visit an Apple Store for further diagnosis and assistance.
- Q: How often should I update my iPhone?
- A: It’s recommended to update your iPhone whenever a new software update is available. Apple releases updates regularly to improve the performance, security, and stability of your device. Keeping your iPhone updated ensures you have access to the latest features and bug fixes.
You should know that verifying the update after downloading the latest iOS version is a normal process. It generally takes a couple of minutes maximum. However, if the verification process takes very long or you see it is stuck, you should try something.
This is when tools like Dr.Fone – iOS System Repair and Tenorshare ReiBoot come into action. With the assistance of Dr.Fone and ReiBoot utilities, you can overcome every iOS-related issue.
We hope the methods mentioned here will solve the “iPhone stuck on verifying update” issue.