You might have ended up reading this article because you have a carrier-locked iPhone. Now, you need to bypass the carrier lock of the device and use it without trouble.
Once the carrier lock is broken, you can also use the same iPhone with other carriers. It is true that there is no shortage of carriers across the globe today.
However, this article explains how to unlock AT&T iPhone and use it with other carrier networks.
What you can do with a AT&T unlock iPhone?
As you can understand, AT&T unlock iPhones offer users more freedom. Once the phone is unlocked, you can use any carrier service provider without hassle.
When a carrier unlocks your iPhone, it can be called a contract-free phone. Some users call it a SIM-free phone as well. Both of those terms actually define the end result of unlocking an iPhone for a carrier service provider.
With that said, getting AT&T Unlock Status is not that simple, particularly if you are not an expert. Using an incorrect, incomplete, or unsafe method to unlock AT&T iPhone can even give your device a bad ESN.
In fact, ESN is the abbreviation that describes the Electronic Serial Number. Well, you shouldn’t worry about it anymore because this article comprises all the useful information.
In other words, we explain how to get AT&T Unlock Status on your iPhone in the proper manner.
Part 1. Use iPhoneIMEI.Net to unlock AT&T iPhone
Are you looking for a way to get AT&T Unlock Status on your iPhone without jailbreaking it? If so, you should consider using DirectUnlocks to do that. This tool can work with pretty much all the iPhones in the industry today.
This tool comprises plenty of features to provide you with impressive service and unlock your device. After getting AT&T Unlock Status, you will be able to perform all the regular tasks with the device.
For instance, you can upgrade iOS or even synchronize it with iTunes. After using this tool, your AT&T unlock iPhone will not be relocked. The best thing is that this tool doesn’t make any impact on the warranty of your iPhone.
With that said, let’s see how to use DirectUnlocks and unlock your iPhone for carrier service.
The process is pretty simple but follow the steps carefully to get the results as expected.
As the first step, you should go to DirectUnlocks‘ official website. Then, you will have to select the model of the iPhone you intend to unlock.
Also, you should select the network carrier for which your iPhone is currently locked.
Now, you will see that you are directed to a different page. Now, make sure that you follow the page instructions to finish the order. As a result, the iPhone EMEI will be submitted to the respective carrier provider.
In this case, it should be AT&T. Then, the respective EMEI will be whitelisted from the database of the Apple servers.
However, please note that this process doesn’t give you immediate results. In fact, you will have to wait for a couple of days (1-5 days). Once the device is unlocked, you will get an email from them confirming your AT&T unlock status.
Besides, here, you will figure out how to unlock the Huawei Mate Phone.
Part 2. Use AT&T to Get AT&T Unlock Status
If you don’t want to use the previous method, you may consider using AT&T to get the device unlocked. However, this process is relatively complex compared to the previous method. Also, it may take a bit longer to get your device unlocked.
However, this is a legitimate way that can get your device unlocked. The process starts with contacting your carrier service provider. Since we are talking about AT&T, you should contact AT&T directly in this case.
Then, you should proceed, as mentioned in the steps below.
- 01. As the first step, visit their website to get in contact with AT&T. Their official website is https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/.
- 02. Once you visit their official website, you will see that there is a list of eligibility requirements. Make sure that you read the contents carefully and agree to them. After that, you will be able to click on ‘Continue.’
- 03. You will now see a different page where you can find a Request Form. You will have to provide details such as your Wireless number in this request form. Be sure you fill in the details carefully without making any mistakes.
- 04. Wait for a while to get an email from AT&T. This email will comprise an unlock request number to get your iPhone unlocked.
- 05. You should click on the respective link within 24 hours. If not, the link will automatically expire within the given period. After clicking on the respective link in the email, AT&T will accept your request officially.
- 06. You should be patient after submitting the official request to AT&T. In fact, you should wait for two days to get a response from them. If you have made a successful request, you will get another email from them. This email will comprise instructions to proceed with the unlocking process.
Important: You should remember that AT&T has all the right to dismiss your request. They consider various things before accepting your request. So, you cannot expect 100% success with all the unlocking requests you sent to AT&T. This can also be true with the other carriers. So, it is smart to go through their website’s requirements before proceeding with the request.
Below are some of the key requirements they demand to unlock your iPhone.
- Your iPhone must be locked to AT&T. Otherwise, your request will not be accepted.
- Your request won’t be accepted if your iPhone is reported as stolen or lost by a previous owner.
- The device you try to unlock must not be associated with criminal or fraudulent activities.
- The termination fees related to the respective package must be settled in full. In addition to that, if there are installment plans, they also must be settled completely.
- If you have upgraded the iPhone, you will have to wait for 14 days since then.
Things can be pretty disturbing for you if you don’t know how to unlock your AT&T iPhone. As we already know, unlocking the iPhone is essential for many individuals so they can use other carriers.
The options we have mentioned above allow you to unlock your AT&T iPhone legitimately. It can be done either through your SIM card or by directly contacting the AT&T carrier service provider.
By the way, click here to find out how to disable Screen Time without the passcode.
Well, that’s how to unlock AT&T iPhone. We explained three methods for you to consider in this case. You can go through all these methods and choose the best option that matches your situation.
As per our experience, we recommend DirectUnlocks AT&T Unlock Service to get AT&T Unlock Status on your iOS device.