Today, pretty much every household has a WiFi connection to let the residents access the internet conveniently.
Usually, these networks are configured with a password. Well, using a password to protect your WiFi network is a smart move in the context of security.
After connecting your iOS device to one of those WiFi networks, the device will store its password. Well, it is really annoying if you have forgotten the WiFi password when you badly need it.
If you know how to see WiFi passwords on your iPhone, your frustration will be over soon. With that said, from this point onwards, let’s see how to find a WiFi password on iPhone.
You must know that jailbroken iPhone no longer has a warranty from Apple. However, jailbroken iPhones offer more flexibility as opposed to the others.
For instance, you can install various apps on a jailbroken iPhone without much trouble. If your iPhone is jailbroken, finding the forgotten WiFi password is a walk in the park for you.
In this section of our article, let’s see how to find WiFi passwords on iPhone which is jailbroken. In fact, we offer two practical options to get your WiFi password. You can try either of those options and find the best fit.
1) Access “WiFi Password” through Cydia
- Go to the “Cydia” app on your jailbroken iPhone and perform a search using the phrase “WiFi Password.” Then, tap on the option “Install” to go to advance to the next level.
- After the installation, tap on the option “Return to Cydia.”
- Press your device’s Home button to go back to the home screen. Then, you should launch the “WiFi Password” app. After launching the app, you will be able to see the Wi-Fi networks that are used on the iPhone. More importantly, you will be able to see all the passwords associated with those WiFi networks.
By the way, click here to your iPhone WiFi not working.
2) Use NetworkList to See the WiFi Passwords on iPhone
This is another option that should be accessed through Cydia.
- Launch the Cydia app, tap on the search box and then type in the phrase “NetworkList.”
- Download the app and get it installed on the device.
- When prompted, tap on the option labeled “Restart Springboard.” You can see that your home screen restarts.
- Then, you should go to the “Settings” app and open “WLAN.” You can then see the option “Known Networks” on the list.
- Tap on the said option and see the passwords relevant to the connected WiFi networks.
Those are the two options you can try if you need to find a WiFi password on jailbroken iPhone.
However, you can try several other options if you need to find WiFi Password on your iPhone. But most of those apps work only on jailbroken devices.
As we mentioned before, jailbreaking should not be a preferred option. Jailbroken devices are usually more vulnerable to a variety of threats.
Also, Apple’s warranty on your iOS device ends if you jailbreak the device. So, as an iPhone user, you should find a way to acquire the password without using jailbreak.
The next section of our article explains how to find a Wi-Fi password without jailbreaking the device.
Note: Should you have these problems, click to know more: GPS signal not found 11.
It is true that we have limited options when downloading apps on jailbroken devices. But that is for your own safety.
So, let’s try to restore the WiFi network utilizing the already available features.
1) Through Router Settings
Those who use iPhones and other iOS devices can use router settings to acquire WiFi passwords. The steps you should follow to do so are as follows.
- Go to the “Settings” app and select the option “WLAN.” You can then see all the network names available on your device. Determine the network you need to access and choose the “i” icon next to it. Then, you should note down the IP address of the router.
- Launch your web browser (Safari) and key in the IP address. Then, you will get the interface of the router page.
- Use the default credentials to log into the router page. You can easily find the default credentials of the router by Googling it.
- You can then navigate through the interface and find the password of your router.
2) Through iCloud Keychain
iCloud Keychain is another option you can try to retrieve the forgotten WiFi network. WiFi network data will be shared over devices if you have configured multiple devices under the same iCloud account. Let’s see how to use this feature and access your lost password.
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone and tap on your iCloud option.
- Tap on the option “Keychain” to turn this option on.
- Go to the “Settings” app and the “Personal Hotspot” option.
- Now, turn your Mac and connect it to the hotspot you have just created.
- You should then use the key combination CMD + Space and access “Spotlight” on the Mac.
- Then, type the phrase “Keychain Access” in the box and hit the “Enter” key.
- After accessing the “Keychain,” you can enter the network’s name.
- Tick the checkbox beside the option labeled “Show Password.”
If prompted, you will have to enter Mac’s password and the admin account. Then click on “Allow” to see the password.
The Wi-Fi password should appear in the text box next to Show Password.
Also read: Forgot Keychain Password? How to Reset Keychain Password.
If you are yet to succeed with the options mentioned above, you should try a professional solution. In this case, we will be using special software called Tenorshare 4uKey – iOS Password Manager.
In fact, this is a powerful key that comes with a range of features that are exceptionally useful. This software is specifically designed to manage and find passwords on iOS devices.
With this tool, you can find all the password information that is stored on iOS devices. That includes WiFi passwords, login information on apps and websites, etc.
Also, you can manage mail account passwords, Apple IDs, and even credit card information. You can also use this software to export other password manager tools.
- You can find all the saved Wi-Fi passwords on your iOS devices.
- Recover all the passwords associated with websites, apps, and other accounts.
- It can scan and view all the mail accounts and even the credit card information on the device.
- It also shows the Apple ID and the passwords saved on your iOS device.
- Transfer all the passwords from the phone to iOS password manager apps.
1) Go to the official website of Tenorshare 4uKey and download the software to your computer.
2) Connect the iPhone or the iPad to the same computer and click on the option “Start Scan.”
3) Now, you should wait for a couple of minutes to see the passwords of the connected WiFi networks.
As you would notice, Tenorshare 4uKey Password Manager is an exceptionally convenient way to retrieve the forgotten network password on iPhones.
It doesn’t require you to jailbreak the device to retrieve the passwords. Moreover, this tool comes with a convenient user interface as well.
No shortage of iPhone users complaining about forgotten iTunes backup passwords. Those who use iOS 11 can access the Settings app and go to the General option. Then, go to Reset to get all the settings to reset.
This process will reset the home screen layout and the backup password. But, the most important thing you should remember is that the backup will not be available anymore. Losing your backup can be a loss you cannot afford in most cases.
However, with Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup, you can remove the iTunes password from previous backups.
More importantly, this option lets you access the files in the backups. Even if you have forgotten the entire password, you can remove it conveniently and still access the data.
Well, that is how you can find and see WiFi passwords on your iPhone. You can use the default options or the professional solution we have presented and start reaccessing the network. Good luck!
Contact Your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
If the previous methods didn’t work or you’re uncomfortable exploring technical aspects, you can always contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.
They can provide you with the WiFi password or guide you through the process of changing it if needed. Contact their customer support and explain your situation to get the necessary help.
- Can I find the WiFi password for any network on my iPhone? No, you can only find the WiFi password for networks that your iPhone has connected to in the past.
- Are third-party WiFi password recovery apps safe to use? Not all third-party apps are safe. Ensure you choose reputable apps with positive reviews and exercise caution when installing them.
- Will retrieving the WiFi password require jailbreaking my iPhone? No, the methods mentioned in this article do not require jailbreaking your iPhone.
- Can I change the WiFi password using these methods? No, the methods described in this article are focused on finding the WiFi password, not changing it. To change the password, you’ll need to access your router’s admin page.
- What should I do if I forgot the passcode to access my iPhone settings? If you have forgotten your passcode, you may need to reset your iPhone to factory settings. However, this will erase all data on your device, so it’s crucial to have a backup.
Finding your WiFi password on an iPhone can be done through various methods. You can retrieve it from iPhone settings, use Keychain Access, install third-party apps, access your router’s admin page, or seek assistance from your Internet Service Provider.
Each method offers a different approach, allowing you to choose the most suitable one based on your preference and technical comfort. With these methods at your disposal, you can easily find and manage WiFi passwords on your iPhone.