Why Won’t my phone send pictures? I tried several times to send a couple of pictures to a friend and was not able to succeed. Please help!
Well, there are many occasions in which you might experience some issues with iPhones as well. It is true that iPhones are generally regarded as exceptionally reliable devices. However, that doesn’t mean that they are completely invincible.
That is why many individuals have the question, “Why won’t my phone send pictures?”. So, if you experience such an error, keep reading. We will explain how to overcome it.
Part 1: Why Won’t My iPhone Send Pictures? Here Are the Solutions
If you are an iPhone user and wonder why Won’t my phone send pictures, keep reading. This section explains the most practical solutions to address it.
Besides, let’s check how to fix Guided Access not working issues effortlessly if you meet some common problems when using Guided Access features on iOS devices.
01. Perform a Restart on Your iPhone to Fix My iPhone Won’t Send Pictures
Restarting the iPhone should be the first step in troubleshooting the problem. Restarting the iPhone has worked for me in the past.
Apple’s iOS devices may be restarted by holding the side button down (for iPhone 8 and older). For iPhone X and newer, pressing both the side & volume keys simultaneously should work. Right-click on the “slide to power off” message on display.
Check whether you can send the picture message by turning on the device.
02. Send the Message to a Different Contact
Send the photo to another contact to make sure the issue isn’t at your end. There is no problem if it reaches its intended destination.
A disabled iMessage contact can cause the error message to appear. The number you supplied may have been erroneous as well.
The receiver’s iMessage settings and phone number may be verified by contacting the sender. You should be asking them if iMessage is enabled. You can try that option if you wonder why Won’t my iPhone send pictures.
03. Enable the MMS Feature for Your iPhone’s Messages
To send photos using Messages on the iPhone, make sure MMS is enabled. There’s a possibility that you’re experiencing the error because it isn’t on.
Follow the procedures listed below to ensure it’s working and switch it on.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to the Messages section.
- Under SMS/MMS, turn on MMS Messages.
There may not be an MMS button in the carrier’s options. If this is the case, you should contact them directly.
04. There’s Something Wrong with iMessage Settings
Interestingly, Apple owners who frequently use iMessage to exchange photos make the same mistake. Ensure that iMessage is correctly enabled in the device’s settings if you intend to message another Apple user.
- Open the Settings program.
- Go to the Messages section.
- Make sure that the iMessage option is on.
To trade photos on your iPhone, you must have iMessage active on the recipient’s end. So make sure that your cellular or Wi-Fi data is operating correctly before sending an iMessage.
iMessages displayed in a blue-color text bubble. On the other hand, MMS appears in a green-color text bubble on your iPhone.
Also, if you are experiencing the iMessage not working issue, here are the top solutions for you.
05. Check the Internet Connection to Fix My Phone Won’t Send Pictures
The “Try Again” button will not operate if cellular data or Wi-Fi is not enabled. That is regardless of how many times it is pressed.
Only when the iPhone is online can you send and receive iMessages. Are you having trouble sending photographs from your iPhone? Or, do you wonder why Won’t my iPhone send pictures? If so, your Wi-Fi or cellular data connection may be at blame.
To see if your computer is connected to the internet, visit a website in a web browser. It’s quite possible that you’re receiving the error even if you can browse normally.
06. Reset the Network Settings of Your Device
If the carrier network configurations aren’t set up correctly, your iPhone cannot send an MMS. If you have no prior knowledge of network settings, it’s best to reset rather than attempt to configure it.
- Open the Settings program.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Tap on the option called Reset.
- Then, Reset Network Settings by tapping that option and then confirming it.
Please be advised that if you reset these options, they will revert to their original state.
07. Update the iPhone to the Carrier’s Latest Settings
Your carrier’s software upgrades improve your iOS device’s cellular use. Assume that your iPhone hasn’t been updated to its newest carrier settings. In that case, you may be experiencing issues with photo messages not being sent.
Open Settings, select General, hit About, and then wait approximately 30 seconds to see the existing carrier settings. You’ll be prompted to do so if updates can be found through a pop-up window. If that’s the case, they’re current.
08. Update the iOS to Fix My Phone Won’t Send Pictures
Apple distributes software upgrades for your iPhone to keep things fresh with all the latest features and looks. These simple actions will help you if you haven’t updated it in a while.
After downloading and installing the update, restart your phone or tablet.
Sending an image message will work again when your iPhone has rebooted.
You’ve tried everything to get your iPhone to send image messages and know the process.
Because your current carrier does not support MMS, you may wish to look for a new provider. Read our step-by-step instructions if you’re having the same issue while texting. So, that’s all about why my iPhone won’t send pictures.
If none of the basic solutions above can fix the errors, the best solution is Tenorshare ReiBoot. This specific tool is exceptionally friendly and powerful so that it can fix any error on iOS.
The best thing is that it can fix iOS-related errors without losing data or extensive knowledge. You can get your faulty iOS device into fully functional mode using a couple of clicks using ReiBoot.
In the next section, we explain why Won’t my phone send pictures on your Android device. So, let’s go ahead and read that as well.
Part 2: Why Won’t My Phone Send Pictures – Android Devices
Well, are you an Android user who wonders why Won’t my phone send pictures? If yes, this section is just for you.
In the following section, we intend to address all those possibilities.
01. Restart the Device to Fix My Phone Won’t Send Pictures
The first-ever solution is to restart the device. In fact, a simple restart can fix many minor errors associated with your Android devices. So, whenever you experience a minor glitch on your Android, it is better to restart it.
The steps may vary slightly based on the model and the brand. However, just press and hold the power button and choose the option “Restart.”
02. Check if the Device’s Network Connection is OK
If you wonder why Won’t my phone send pictures, check the network connection. In this case, just follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Network Connection (or anything similar).
- Then, go to Mobile Network.
- Select the checkbox next to Mobile Networks. Then, enable Data Roaming.
- Check if you can send pictures now.
03. See if Your Android Has Enough Signal Strength
If the device has weak signals, sending pictures might not work properly. So, check if you have enough signal bars.
If it doesn’t have strong signal bars, just walk with the device a few meters here and there. Once you get enough signals, resent the message.
04. Check if You Have Blocked Contacts
If you are trying to send a picture message to a blocked contact, you won’t succeed. So, it is best to check it out before proceeding.
- Choose the “Messages” app from your device’s menu.
- Then, go to “Settings” by tapping on the three-dotted icon.
- After that, click on the option called “Block Numbers & Messages.”
- Check if any number is included in that section.
- Remove the numbers and save them.
- Try to send a message.
05. Check the Number to Fix My Phone Won’t Send Pictures
There will be issues if you are trying to send a picture message to the wrong number. So, just check the number once again and see if it is in the correct format. Or check if you are trying to send a message to an inactive number.
06. Enable the MMS Feature
If the MMS feature is disabled on your device, your picture messages won’t send. Mentioned below is how to enable it.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “Mobile Networks.”
- Go to “APN.”
- Select the MMS APN configurations from the list to enable them.
- Check the APN settings with the cellular company if the name is not there. Apply it on your device and enable it.
- Try again to send an MMS.
07. Perform a Factory Reset
If none of the above options have worked, just try a factory reset to fix this error. Mentioned below is how to do that.
- Switch off the device and press and hold the Volume +, Volume – & Power buttons.
- Release the buttons when you see the options and navigate to options using Volume -.
- Choose the option that says “wipe data/factory reset” using the Power button.
- Then, choose “Reboot System Now.”
- Then, configure the device and send the picture message again.
As the final solution, you can use a professional tool called Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android to fix this error. In fact, this tool can fix pretty much any error on Android OS, regardless of the version.
ReiBoot is a powerful tool for fixing many Android issues, such as getting stuck in its Recovery mode. Also, it fixes blank or black screens, inactive or crashing apps, having trouble starting your phone, etc. You can have all your Android problems solved using ReiBoot, even the one where you discover this error.
Because of the easy-to-use interface and secure platform, even the most novice users may complete the work successfully. 600+ Android smartphones are supported, including the most recent models from all major manufacturers.
- It works perfectly on Android devices to solve various kinds of errors.
- It works with any Android device that runs on 2.0 or newer.
- Simple steps to follow.
- Compatible with more than 600 models and brands.
- It can fix black screen, frozen screen, restart loop, crashing apps, and so on.
- One-click solution to “Exit & Enter” mode.
- Bootloader mode error fixing.
- Can handle over 50 issues on Android.
- Very friendly interface.
How to Use It?
- Install ReiBoot on your PC by downloading it through the official site and following the on-screen instructions. Once its installation is completed, open the application to proceed.
- Hook your Android phone to the PC, and you’re ready to go. On the application’s main screen, select “Repair Android System” and click it to proceed.
- When you reach the next screen, select “Repair Now” and begin the repair process.
- From the drop-down menu, pick your Android device’s model. You avoid the system being bricked, be sure to input the right model information.
- You’re now needed to download the correct Android device firmware package.
- The Firmware download is complete, and the “Repair Now” button has been pressed. In fact, there will be no delay in the program’s efforts to fix system faults. Problems with transmitting or receiving photographs from the Android phone would be resolved in a matter of seconds.
- Once the Android OS has been repaired, you can use the phone as normal. Then, you can send and receive all your favorite photographs and send MMS through text messages. ReiBoot Android is meant to fix all Android OS issues. That means that’s a superb answer if you have the question, “why Won’t my phone send pictures.”
So, if you have the question, why won’t my phone send pictures? The above are the solutions. If you have more doubts on this matter, please let us know.