Are you among the people who wonder how to put Echo Dot in setup mode? If so, this article has answers to your question.
So, go ahead and get to know the process that should be followed to accomplish this task.
How to Put Echo Dot in Setup Mode?
Let’s get to the point straightaway; how to put Echo Dot in setup mode? Well, if you are looking for a quick answer, here’s the section you must read.
Before configuring Echo Dot, however, you are supposed to download and install Alexa on your smartphone. You should do it no matter whether you use an Android or an iOS device. Keep Echo switched off.
Then, you should open the Alexa app on the device. After that, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Tap on the potion called “Devices.” You can find it at the bottom of the app screen.
- Then, you should hit the + (Plus) button located at the top-right corner of the window.
- Then, you should select the option called “Add Device.”
- Now, you should tap on the item labeled “Amazon Echo.”
- You should then select everything, including “Echo Dot,” “Echo,” “Echo Plus,” etc., to proceed.
- Then provide a power supply to the Echo Dot device. Just turn it on after that. You should then wait for a little, so the blue color ring of light will become orange. In general, this might take around 30 seconds only.
- Then, you should tap on the option “Yes” on your Alexa app.
- Now, you should tap on the “Echo Dot” option under “Available Devices.”
- You should choose the correct “Wi-Fi” network before tapping on the option “Continue.”
- You can then follow all the prompts provided by the app. You can then finish the configurations of the device. You will then be able to select the option called “Skip” when the configuration settings screen. It is possible to go ahead with those settings later on.
So, that’s how to put Echo Dot in setup mode.
Besides, when the Alexa app is stuck on setup, you might feel annoyed. Here are the practical solutions to fix this Alexa app stuck on setup error.
Introduction to the Setup Mode of Echo Dot
Now that you know how to put Echo Dot in setup mode. Let’s learn something more about it.
When you turn on your Echo for the very first time, the device immediately goes through the configuration process.
During initial setup, your Echo Dot pairs wirelessly over Bluetooth with the Alexa mobile app on the user’s mobile. Your Dot needs to be linked to the Wi-Fi system when it has been set up.
Without a wireless internet connection, your Dot will not function. The band of light around your Echo will change to orange from blue when you enter setup mode. You may begin utilizing Alexa Skills and Voice commands once you have set up the Echo Dot.
By the way, if your Alexa won’t connect to Wi-Fi? Don’t worry; here are some effective fixes to resolve this issue easily for you and know how to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi.
What Prevents You from Entering Echo Dot’s Setup Mode?
Unfortunately, there are occasions when your Echo Dot simply won’t go into setup mode. One possible explanation is that you have already configured the echo dot in the past.
In order to fix this and enter setup mode, you will want to reset the Echo Dot. So, are you having trouble getting the Echo Dot and entering its setup mode? If so, trying resetting it to factory settings may help.
Follow the instructions below to power cycle the Echo Dot before attempting the reset procedure.
- First, you should unplug the Echo Dot device from its power outlet.
- After that, you should wait for about 10 minutes so the power will drain completely.
- You can plug the device back into the power socket now.
- After that, you should see if your Echo Dot enters its setup mode. For most individuals, who wonder how to put Echo Dot in setup mode, this method works. However, if you still have issues, you should follow the steps mentioned below and reset them.
- First, you should press and hold your Echo Dot’s action button. Make sure that you hold it for 25 seconds at the least.
- Once the light of your Echo Dot device becomes orange, it has entered the setup mode.
- After that, you can follow the previously mentioned steps and complete the configuration of your Echo Dot. If you cannot access your Echo Dot’s setup mode, what else can you do? Well, the best thing you should do is to contact the Amazon customer care team and ask for help. They are more than happy to help you and tell you how to put Echo Dot in setup mode.
Also, if your Alexa won’t play music due to several different reasons, here, let’s figure out the causes and solutions for you to fix it easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you using a brand-new unit of Echo Dot? If so, the very first time that you switch it on, it’ll immediately boot up to its setup mode.
Has the band of light on the Echo Dot turned blue? Then this indicates that you are in the configuration mode for the Echo Dot.
If you currently use an older model of the Echo Dot, the approach is different. In that case, you will need to perform a factory reset on the device. Otherwise, you cannot access the setup mode of the Dot.
You’ll have to reset the Echo Dot if, for whatever reason, you are not receiving an orange light ring. The same approach is required if you are unable to enter its setup mode.
After you have performed a factory reset on the Echo Dot, it will normally go into the setup process.
Following completion of the initial configuration process, your Dot should exit from setup mode. Well, if the orange ring of light continues to appear, you can attempt to restart the Echo Dot.
You can do so simply by disconnecting it from its power supply and then connecting it back in. If that fails, you can try to reset the faulty Echo Dot. Then, you should see if it gets it out of the setup mode.
In some cases, it may take a while for an Echo Dot device to exit setup mode. However, it usually remains in that mode until you pair it with a smartphone using the Alexa app.
But what if your Dot’s orange ring of light is gone when you are attempting a connection? In that case, hold the device’s action button so that it will bring it back to the setup mode.
So, that’s all about how to put Echo Dot in setup mode. If you have more questions related to the configurations of the Echo Dot, please let us know.