The popularity and utility of the WeChat app are so immense that people also might want to get a fake WeChat location to be able to use the app for many other purposes.
Your first instinct may tell you that it is nearly impossible to fake locations on apps, but guess what? It is not so. Other than being possible, it’s quite easy too.
Reasons Why People Do Location Spoofing on WeChat
One of the most loved social media and messaging applications, WeChat, was rolled out by the tech company Tencent to see it becoming the amasser of more than a billion users. This ‘super app’ is known for its clean interface and easy payment method.
You might feel strange as to why one would desire location spoofing on this app, as all the features primarily work on the correct location. However, it is very common to see quests for location changes, and it can be due to the following reasons.
- Privacy issues might be the first reason why people won’t like their WeChat contacts to know their whereabouts. The location is visible on WeChat, which might let people know what you are up to or blast anything you want to keep secret.
- Tricking the contacts can be another purpose for getting a fake WeChat location. You may want to fool your relatives or friends about your location, either because you don’t want them to know where you are or want them to know that you are at a particular place.
- Other reasons include surprises that you may be planning, making posts on social media, or just avoiding people in a familiar place. It can be anything, and a fake location can help you with all such situations.
PS: let’s figure out how to perform Pokemon Go fake GPS for Android & iOS.
Reasons Why WeChat is Difficult to Fool
Some reports in 2019 revealed that a huge amount of cheap purchases of services were being made for a fake WeChat location. These services claimed to be effective but came up with problems later, like security threats.
The sellers’ used plugins installed remotely for the logins, and some of them started using this for bad purposes, like the injection of viruses into the systems.
WeChat discovered all these plugins, and the related accounts were banned by WeChat subsequently. Over a million such accounts have been deactivated by now.
About the Geolocation Abilities of WeChat
WeChat is different from the rest when it comes to geolocation detection. Though not a conclusive claim, it is said to have been revealed that they use the BaiduLocationSDK software package for this. Rumors say that with this software, WeChat connects directly with the GPS instead of OS APIs.
Apps generally use the Google methods for getting the location of any user, which involves the app features and the Android taking up the location request, contacts GPS, and giving the results.
All of this is bypassed by the Baidu software that contacts the GPS directly. Our concern is that this software makes the WeChat app more secure against location spoofing.
It’s better to take the easy way first, and this is why we recommend using the Tenorshare iAnyGo to get a fake WeChat location on your iOS device. This app works for all devices like iPhones or iPads and operating systems like macOS and Windows.
Using the Tenorshare iAnyGo app is definitely one of the fastest ways in which you can change the GPS location of your iOS instantly. The app has five-star features that put it in the top location spoofing software list.
- The app allows the location to be faked not just on WeChat but on any other location-based application with one click.
- You don’t need to jailbreak into any device to fake the location on WeChat or other apps.
- There is no worry associated with remote controlling or security threats when using this spoofing tool.
- It can be easily downloaded and operated on iOS devices of all varieties and versions, ranging from 7 to 16.
- There are multiple ways in which you can change the location of your device. You can teleport the device to an entirely different place or activate movement simulation at any fake place.
If you ask us how to use this Tenorshare iAnyGo software, we will begin by telling you that it is too easy to operate it.
Guide to Get the Fake WeChat Location in Quick Steps:
1. Download Tenorshare iAnyGo on any PC and install it properly. Launch the app and hit the button ‘Change Location’ on the main interface itself.
2. Please connect your phone to your PC and tap the “Enter” button to proceed.
3. You should type in your preferred location and click on “Start to Modify.”
Great, you can now open any app on your phone, such as Apple Maps or WeChat, to check if the location has been changed or not.
It was that simple. You will also need to restart the device to return to the original location displayed on WeChat.
Also, if you are looking for the best location changer for iOS, here are the full Tenorshare iAnyGo reviews and Lockito reviews.
Other Alternatives for Changing the WeChat Location
There are two other ways in which you can fill in for the failure of the plugin spoofing method for the fake WeChat location. These methods are risk-free, and you no longer need to spend money on the plugins.
Solution for Android Devices
Doing location spoofing for Android devices is not as easy as that for iOS. Android doesn’t have the advantage of being compatible with the Tenorshare iAnyGo application, which could have just made things easier.
However, hope still remains as there are plenty of spoofing apps that can do the job for you. Getting one such app for your device is very easy.
These apps are divided into two categories, where one of them requires rooting, and the others don’t. The apps that need rooting remain hidden completely.
On the other hand, the apps that don’t need rooting get found out, and the other location-based apps would know that the location is being tampered with.
Here, We Are Going to Tell You About the Method of Using the Non-rooting Apps for a Fake WeChat Location.
1. You begin by downloading any of the fake GPS applications. Fake GPS Location is good and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
2. Open your Android device and turn on the developer mode. This can be done by opening the phone’s Settings and then clicking the option About Phone.
Here, you will find a Build Number that you have to hit seven times in a row. You will get a confirmation text when the build number gets enabled.
3. Again, open Settings. Click on the option Developer Options. Lastly, select the option Select mock location app.
4. In the app, hit the button Start. Now you can go back and check if the location is spoofed in WeChat or not.
5. Open the Fake GPS Location app again and select the Set Location option. Enter the longitude and latitude details of the place you want to spoof.
6. Go into the phone setting for the last time and activate the option of Permit drawing over other apps.
That’s it! WeChat Android would be using the spoofed location now.
WeChat Inbuilt Feature
Surprisingly, it may be, but WeChat has a feature that allows you to change the location of the device temporarily. This solution is not even close to methods like Tenorshare iAnyGo, but it can give temporary results.
Let us tell you how to use it for a fake WeChat location. Some easy steps need to be followed:
1. Open the WeChat app and click on the tab Me. From here, you can access the profile.
2. Now hit on the > symbol on the Me tab bar. Hit the option of More.
3. Scroll down to find the button Region. Click that.
4. Choose the desired country from the list.
This might look like the easiest method out there, but it comes with many downsides. Here are the disadvantages of this method:
- The app will know the location change as it lets you do so in the first place.
- Your location won’t be changed fully. For the posts that you make, the reallocation will show up if you use the location tag.
- You can only change countries with this method. The lack of deep granularity makes this method a poor option.
Final Tips for Location Spoofing
If you find that none of the methods is working out to get the fake WeChat location, you may have to try any of these tips at last.
- Restart the device: The device sometimes finds out the location in just any way. Restarting the device and then set the location once again with whatever method may help.
- Upgrade the app: If you are doing the location spoofing for Android and it’s not working, then try getting a different version of the WeChat app. It can either be new or old, but the latter would be better as it may not be equipped with advanced technologies.
- Use another location-changing software: Although Tenorshare iAnyGo gives definite results for iOS, you may have to switch between different Android apps until you find the right one.
This was all about getting a fake WeChat location for the device you are using and for any reason you may have.
The Tenorshare iAnyGo app is the best among all and will let you have a fake WeChat location in no time, and it’s cheap too.
The other methods would work too, but they are not bullet-proof. So, why have the rest when you can have the best?