Location faking apps like Lockito help many users who don’t want their actual location to be visible for different purposes.
There is so much more you can do with this app, which is why we are here to let you know about it.
Along with that, we would be introducing an alternative location faking app for iOS users too.
About the Lockito Application
This is one great application built for Android devices to provide the service of faking locations. This means that you can make a fake location and path on the map, and the target viewers would see the fake locations and paths only rather than the original ones.
You can make any customized path with this app and even simulate the route between the start and endpoint of that path.
The best part about this app is that it comes free of cost and can be used on any Android device without rooting. This ease to use doesn’t compromise the app’s safety at all, as the app guarantees safety right from downloading, installing, and delivering the results.
The primary technology used by this app is the Radio Frequency Identification Technology or GPS, which helps in the generation and simulation of different geographic boundaries as well as helping the Android devices in triggering a signal upon entering or exiting any particular point on the path.
The fake GPS platform of this app also allows Android developers to test the geofencing mobile applications they develop with its help and certify if it’s working for them.
Primary Features of the Lockito Application
Carrying a lot of benefits for genuine users, the app has some major features that give an easy and safe location-faking experience.
Create a Fake Itinerary
This fake GPS app’s primary feature allows users to create a fake map route at any global location and simulate it on their Android devices. This can be done easily by selecting the target points on the app map, followed by hitting the play button.
Simulate Static Locations
This app allows you to simulate even a static location where you want on the globe, and it can be done by selecting one target point over the app map followed by hitting the play button.
All Controls for High Precision Simulation
This app allows you to fake simulations with high precision as you can control the GPS signal accuracy, speed, and even altitude manually.
The speed range is between 0-180 km/hr, and any value can be chosen for the altitude. All the app’s features can be used to ensure the high accuracy of GPS signals.
Method of Operating the Lockito Application
Here are the steps that you need to follow for running the app on an Android device:
1. Begin with downloading the application on the target Android device (how to fix error 491 when downloading an application on an Android). You can search for it in the Google Play Store or get the apk file from the internet browser and download it from the link provided.
2. For installing the apk file of this app, you will have to allow the installation of this app via the special settings of the device. This is needed when the app has an unknown source.
Just go to the settings of the device, open Apps, and then hit on the icon Menu. Select the Special Access option, followed by selecting Install Unknown Apps. Click on the option of Lockito and then hit on the option. Allow from this source.
3. After successful installation, launch the app and enable it for location use. For that, open the device setting and open tap Developer Options. Click the option Mock location app.
4. On the app’s main screen, hit the icon + for starting a new simulation. Choose the target location over the map and long press on it. You can find the location by searching it from the search bar. You can keep selecting more locations with the same process for making them the other points between the start and end location points.
5. You can make additional speed and altitude control changes in this path simulation.
6. Change the location settings and set the method to Phone only option for high-precision path simulation with this app.
7. Hit the button Play.
You are all set! You can now have all the location-based applications on your device working as per the fake location, and the ones you download later will also use the fake location. The fake location and simulation can be shared with others via Google maps too.
Advantages of the Lockito Application
There are many advantages associated with this app, and the prime one is its versatility. It is mentionable how the app comes in great use for the people who love playing the game Pokémon Go.
This is because the app helps them to fake the location on their phones and, in turn, be able to catch the Pokémons hidden in various places around the globe without actually having to be in those locations.
Now that we have told you about this advantage of this app, let us also give you the steps that you need to follow for faking location with the Lockito app and playing Pokémon Go:
- Firstly, you need to turn off the Google Play Store auto-update feature on your device. Open phone settings and select the option Apps. Here, disable the option of Google Play Services and uninstall all its updates.
- Go to the main Settings catalog and select the option Security and Location. Here, click on Find my device, followed by turning it off.
- Open the Lockito app and then activate the fake location simulation like we discussed above for the target location.
- Now, open your Pokémon go app and play the game with the new location being faked by the device and catch all the Pokémons there easily.
Drawbacks of the Lockito Application
The app comes with certain disadvantages, too, even though it promises the best of safety and high operability.
The major drawback of this app is that it cannot be used on iOS devices because it was initially developed to be used only on Android devices, and the developers didn’t roll out any OS updates after that.
Thus, the app’s iOS version is not yet developed, and you can only hope to have it developed by the team in the future.
Another concern is the misuse of this app in different ways by many users that have recently come into the highlight. One case involved Uber drivers simulating fake itineraries with this app and manipulating routes to charge higher prices to travelers.
The driver would book the ride from location A to B, but they would simulate a fake location on their device with C and D location points also coming along the way, so the route gets stretched, leading to higher prices.
As we have already discussed above, the major drawback of the Lockito app is its inability to run on iOS devices, and thus the users of iPhones, iPods, and iPads might feel at a loss.
However, it will not be the same anymore as we are now going to introduce a great app to you known as the Tenorshare iAnyGo application that has been developed to help iOS users for faking their location anytime, anywhere.
The app can be operable on almost all iOS versions, even the latest ones like iOS 16.
Let us now give you a detailed description of the advantages of this app that makes it a great alternative fake location simulating app:
- This location spoofer app can help you fake GPS iOS and change your device location instantly / easily with just one click.
- You can even make your customized routes and be shown following them.
- Speed adjustment is also possible while using this app to fake simulations.
- The feature of play and pause in this app can help you stop the location simulation anytime and then resume playing so that the whole simulation appears real to the onlookers.
- This app can search for the target location you want to simulate, which can be anywhere on the globe. You can even find the coordinates of the target location.
- Another great feature of this app is the historical records with a saved list of all the previous simulations you made. You can simply pick any simulation from this list if you want to repeat it.
For any rightful purpose that you might have, here is how to run the Tenorshare iAnyGo app for faking location simulation for that purpose.
1. You need to download, install, and launch the app on your Mac or PC. First, please click on the ‘Single-Spot movement‘ mode and then the ‘Enter‘ button to start.
2. Search the target destination in the search box or just find it on the map.
3. Once you select the location, the sidebar will feed the details of it, and then you can make changes like in the simulation speed. Finally, hit the button Start to move to start the simulation.
4. You are allowed to pause or continue the movement anytime.
Method of Using the Multi-Spot Mode
Here is the guide for playing the AR games with this app via the Multi-Spot Mode feature:
1. First, choose the Multi-Spot Movement (the 3rd one) from the home screen and tap the ‘Enter‘ button.
2. Now, please choose more than one location on the map, and then set up the speed and the number of round trips. Once done, click the ‘Start to Move‘ button to simulate the GPS movement at the customized speed.
Note: You are allowed to collapse or expand the Route option (as shown). Drag the mouse pointer to adjust the route.
This article was our attempt at reviewing the Lockito app to help you decide if it serves your purpose rightly and introduces the alternative Tenorshare iAnyGo app that will help iOS users who cannot enjoy the benefits of the former app.
You can download the Tenorshare iAnyGo app on your iOS device and instantly start location simulation. Try out these best fake location simulation apps, and let us know which worked best for you.