Most people today ask the question, how to change location on Facebook or how to fake live location on Messenger.
You will find several such instances where you want to send a fake or pinned location on Messenger. While it might sound surprising, people have a lot of reasons to send fake locations to their family members and friends.
If you want to know how to change location on Facebook, you have come to the right page.
Here, we will show you different methods to help you send a fake location on Facebook messenger.
Whether you want to send them a specific pinned location or trick your friends by sharing a fake live location, you need to follow anyone of the following methods to get the job done.
Part 1: Change Location on Facebook Messenger
Perhaps the easiest method to change Facebook location is to send a pinned location. Thankfully, the site allows you to send any location directly simply by pinning it on the map.
You can either type down the specific location using the search bar or drag and drop the pin location on the map.
Note: if you wish to know how to track a cell phone number on Google Maps, just click to read more.
Here Are the Steps That Can Help You Change Location on Facebook Messenger, Simply by Pinning It on the Map.
1: First, you need to launch the Facebook Messenger app and tap on the person’s conversation to whom you want to send the fake location.
2: Here, you need to tap on the ‘Plus‘ icon and then on ‘Location.’
3: A map will open up on your screen. Here, you need to move the pin and drag it to a location on the map.
4: After you set the pin in the right location, you can tap on the ‘Send Pin‘ button. The location will then be shared with the other person.
Besides, click to figure out if PokeGo++ iOS is still working.
Alternatively, You Can Even Make Use of the Search Option to Look for a Specific Location.
Here Are the Steps to Change your Facebook Location:
1: You need to launch Facebook Messenger.
2: Similar to the steps mentioned above, you need to tap on the ‘Plus‘ icon and then on ‘Location.’
3: You will see a search bar on the top. Here, type down the location that you are looking for.
Step 4: Once you hit on Enter, the pin will move to a specific location. Once done, the set location will be sent to your family/friends.
PS: If you wish to find out how to fix Facebook Messenger not working on iOS or Android, just read more.
Part 2: How to Fake Live Location on Messenger
Of course, sharing a pinned location on Messenger has its perks, especially when you want to change your Facebook location or share a specific location with someone. However, sending a fake live location is another ball game altogether.
For sending a fake live location on Messenger, you will have to make use of a third-party location spoofing app; it is recommended that you make use of Tenorshare iAnyGo for this purpose.
With the help of this tool, you will be able to change the current GPS location of your phone device to anywhere in the world. Tenorshare iAnyGo will help you track your family members and friends into sending a fake live location.
Whether you wish to change location on Facebook and hide your whereabouts from your family or brag about visiting an exotic and new place with your friends, Tenorshare iAnyGo will be able to help you spoof your current location.
However, the tool is only available for iOS devices as of now. This means that if you have an iPad or iPhone, you will be able to fake your GPS location. If you wish to know how to change your iPhone location, this tool can help too.
How Do You Use iAnyGo to Send a Fake Live Location on Facebook Messenger?
Here are the steps that can help you learn how to change your live location on Facebook Messenger with Tenorshare iAnyGo:
First, you need to download the iAnyGo on your computer. Once downloaded, you can install it on your computer and then launch the Tenorshare iAnyGo.
Step 2: Connect Your iOS Device
You then need to connect your iPhone via a USB cable. After this, unlock your iOS device, and you will be asked to confirm the connection. You need to tap on the ‘Trust‘ button and re-enter your device’s passcode to establish the connection successfully.
Step 3. Select A Location on The Map
Please enter the address/GPS coordinate you hope to teleport to in the search box, for example, New York City, and then please tap “Start to Modify.”
Done! Your location will be changed at once. The Facebook app on your iPhone will be changed to a fake location as well.
There is no point in waiting. You can try the tool by tapping on the ‘Try Tenorshare iAnyGo‘ button and sharing a fake location on Facebook Messenger with your family and friends.
Part 3: What Are Some Advantages if You Change Location on Facebook?
With the help of the tricks and tips mentioned above, you will be able to change the live location on your Facebook Messenger. There are many different reasons why you need to send a fake location on Messenger to your family and friends.
The reasons could be either personal or professional. Let us see some benefits of sending false live locations on Messenger:
- If you wish to prank some of your friends by fooling them into believing that you are in a special location, faking or spoofing your live location can be a good idea.
- If you have recently faked a check-in on Facebook, and your family members or friends are asking for proof, you can send in a fake live location that will help you maintain and keep your prank intact.
- And if you wish to hide your actual location from any person, it would be greatly beneficial if you are able to manipulate your current location.
By the way, here are the best location spoofer apps for your reference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I change my location on Facebook multiple times? Yes, you can change your location on Facebook as many times as you like. Simply follow the steps mentioned earlier to update your location whenever necessary.
- Will changing my location on Facebook affect my privacy settings? Changing your location on Facebook will not impact your privacy settings. However, keep in mind that if you update your location to a new city, it may affect the content and ads you see on Facebook.
- Can I change my location to a different country on Facebook? Yes, you can change your location to a different country on Facebook. However, note that some features and content may vary based on your location.
- How long does it take for my updated location to appear on Facebook? Your updated location should appear on Facebook immediately after you save the changes. However, it may take a few moments for the changes to reflect across all devices and for others to see the updated location on your profile.
- Is there a limit to the number of times I can change my location on Facebook Marketplace? There is no specific limit to the number of times you can change your location on Facebook Marketplace. However, keep in mind that frequent changes may affect your ability to build a local reputation.
Yes, faking your live location can sound like a lot of fun! Additionally, it will also help you if you want to avoid circumstances when you do not want others to know your exact location.
However, it is advised that you do not change location on Facebook for the other way around. Faking your live location on Messenger is something that should not be taken lightly. It is simply made for fun, especially when you are playing AR games or tricking your friends and/or family.
With the help of the guide above, we hope that you have understood how to send a fake location on Facebook Messenger. With the help of the steps and tools above-mentioned, you can make use of the tactic to prank your family members and friends by sharing a fake GPS location.
Alternatively, if you want to avoid work, simply change your Facebook location and tell your boss that you are out of town and you will not be returning any time soon; send your fake live location as proof, and he/she will have no other choice other than to believe in your words (how to change iPhone location without jailbreak).