Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error on Windows 10 can prevent you from concentrating on your work.
If you are reading this article as you want to learn how to fix it, keep reading. You have just landed on the correct page to fix this error.
What is Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error on Windows 10?
If you have come across atibtmon.exe on Windows 10, you will first wonder what it is. So, before we go into other details, let’s learn what this error is. That will give you an idea of its situation.
The atibtmon.exe runtime error on Windows 10 is a specific program that automatically turns your system into power-saving mode.
That’ll happen when you disconnect your Windows-operated laptop from the power source. Also, this program is designed to work with ATI graphics.
So, have you ever experienced this error and looked for a solution? If so, you can learn it by reading the remainder of this article carefully.
What Are the Solutions to Solve atibtmon.exe on Windows 10 Runtime Error?
There are several solutions to fix the atibtmon.exe runtime error on Windows 10. So you don’t have to fret anymore. All you need is to try the below-mentioned solutions one by one until you fix the error.
In other words, you don’t have to try all the solutions explained in the below section. So, let’s start without further ado.
Besides, if you are experiencing the issues like .NET Runtime Optimization Service consuming high CPU, here are the top solutions.
Method 1: Get Rid of the Battery of the Faulty Laptop
The first method in this list is exceptionally easy and simple. All you need is to remove the laptop battery to resolve the issue. Once done, you should connect the same laptop to the power supply.
If everything goes well, your laptop should work right now. However, if the error persists, you can simply move to the next method without panicking.
Method 2: Try an Older Display Driver to Fix the Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error
Atibtmon.exe runtime error on Windows 10 can appear because of issues with your graphic drivers. Nevertheless, even that can be fixed without much trouble.
You can install an older driver to fix the atibtmon.exe Windows 10 error. Well, it is always necessary to remove the existing driver before installing the older one.
01. First, you should locate your “Start” menu and perform a right-click. After that, please choose “Device Manager” from the popup menu. Then, you will be able to open the option to proceed.
02. Now, click on the “Adapters” option to expand the options. After that, you should locate the display adapter on it and perform a right-click on it. Then, you will see the “Uninstall Device.”
03. You can check the option “Delete the driver software for this device.” After that, just choose the option called “Uninstall” to proceed.
04. Now, the respective driver will be removed from your computer. After that, you can simply perform a restart. Once the PC is restarted, the default driver of the application will be installed. Then, you should be able to work on the PC without an atibtmon.exe runtime error on Windows 10.
Method 3: Disable the Feature Called “Powerplay”
Sometimes, an atibtmon.exe runtime error on Windows 10 can appear due to the “Powerplay” feature.
This specific feature is located under the “Catalyst Control Center.” This specific feature will create conflicts with the power settings.
It is possible to fix this error by disabling the Powerplay option. You can do that in the option called “Catalyst Control Center.”
If you want to learn that, you can go ahead and learn the steps below.
Important: Please note that disabling the powerplay option requires another step. In this case, you will have to change the system’s power settings to proceed.
01. First, you should enter the text “Power Settings” in your search bar to proceed. After that, you should select the “Power & Sleep Settings” option.
02. After that, please click on the “Additional Power Settings” option to go to the next step.
03. After that, you must click on the option “Change advanced power settings.”
04. You can go to “ATI Graphics Power Settings” so it can be expanded.
05. Now, you can configure “ATI Powerplay Settings.” Make sure you change it to the value “Maximum Performance.” Then, you can save the changes.
As a result of the above settings, you’ll be able to get rid of the “atibtmon.exe Windows 10” error. You have resolved the conflict between “power settings” and “Powerplay.”
If everything went right, the error should be disappeared by now. However, if the error is not disappeared, you should not worry because you can try the next solution.
Method 4: Deactivate the Service Called “AMD External Events“
You may already know that some apps and your Windows OS require some services to work properly. However, some apps can cause various issues on your computer and prevent proper function.
The Atibtmon.exe runtime error on Windows 10 can appear because of a service called AMD External Events.
Because of that, the best approach to fix this issue is by disabling that service.
Please follow up on simple steps to fix this error by disabling AMD External Events.
Important: Windows allows you to disable the services that aren’t required. As you use a computer for some time, various services and processes can start to run in the background. Not all those services are compulsory for a system. Some of those services can make your system perform very slowly, and that’s annoying.
So, the best approach is to disable all those unnecessary services and speed up the PC’s performance. If your PC has too many services running in the background, that will affect the overall performance.
The good news is that Windows 10 operating system allows you to disable any service you may not need. So, let’s go ahead and learn how to do it.
01. First, you should open your computer’s “Run” utility. To bring that up, you can press the “Windows” and the “R” keys. When the run utility is up, you should enter the text “services.msc“. Afterward, you should click on the “OK” option and go to “Services.”
02. You should find the service called “AMD External Events.” After that, you should perform a double-click on the icon to open its properties.
03. Once you have done that, go to the “Startup Type.” Then, choose it to be the option called “Disabled.” Under the “Service Status” option, click on “Stop.” That will stop the respective service.
04. Now, please click on the option called “Apply.” Then, you should click on the option called “OK” to save the changes made.
05. Once you have disabled the “AMD External Events” service, restart the PC. Then, check if the atibtmon.exe runtime error on Windows 10 is still appearing. For most individuals, the error should be fixed right now.
Also, let’s discover the revolutionary Twdsuilaunch, a groundbreaking innovation that’s reshaping the tech landscape. Dive into its features, benefits, and FAQs.
Method 5: Clean Boot Your PC to Fix Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error
As the next step, you should perform a clean boot on your computer to fix the issue. There is no shortage of third-party applications you will download into your operating system as you go on. As you go on, these applications can significantly impact Windows and slow it down.
Also, it can be a reason to encounter errors like the atibtmon.exe runtime error on Windows 10. To avoid such an error, in that case, you can clean boot your PC. With a clean boot, you can easily get rid of all the third-party apps that are not essential.
Mentioned Below is How to Perform a Clean Boot.
01. First, you should hit the “Windows” + “R“ keys together so that it will bring the “Run” dialog box up. Afterward, you should enter the text “MSConfig” and hit “OK” to proceed to the next step.
02. Go to the “Services” option and select “Hide all Microsoft Services.” Click on the option “Disable All.” That will disable all those services.
03. You can choose the “Startup” option and click on “Task Manager.”
04. You will be able to see the startup applications now. Choose an item available in the list and right-click on it to proceed. Then, you should choose “Disable” to proceed. You can repeat the steps for all the startup applications.
05. You can go back to the “System Configuration” option. Then, click on the “Apply” option. Hit “OK” to proceed.
06. Restart the PC so you can apply the changes.
That’s it. As of now, the atibtmon.exe runtime error on Windows 10 should be fixed.
By the way, if you wonder, what is A-Volute NS? What does it do in your system? Is it malware? Should you remove it from system? Let’s find answers to all these questions and more.
The Atibtmon.exe runtime error can be frustrating, but with the methods outlined in this article, you should be able to resolve the issue on your Windows 10 system.
Remember to update your AMD graphics drivers, adjust power settings, disable Atibtmon.exe from startup, run the System File Checker, perform a clean boot, reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages if needed, and consider a system restore as a last resort.
By following these steps and implementing the additional tips, you can effectively fix the Atibtmon.exe runtime error and ensure a smoother computing experience.
Q1: What is Atibtmon.exe? Atibtmon.exe is a process associated with AMD graphics cards and is responsible for managing power settings and monitoring the graphics card’s performance.
Q2: Why does the Atibtmon.exe runtime error occur? The Atibtmon.exe runtime error can occur due to outdated or incompatible AMD graphics drivers, conflicts in power settings, corrupted system files, software conflicts, or issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
Q3: Can updating AMD graphics drivers fix the Atibtmon.exe runtime error? Yes, updating your AMD graphics drivers to the latest version can often resolve the Atibtmon.exe runtime error.
Q4: How can I adjust power settings to fix the Atibtmon.exe runtime error? You can adjust power settings by accessing the Power Options in the Control Panel or Settings and selecting the Maximum Performance option for AMD Graphics Power Settings.
Q5: What should I do if none of the methods mentioned in the article work? If none of the methods mentioned in the article work, you can try performing a system restore to a previous point or seek further assistance from technical support.