If your Apple Watch is unable to check for updates, you may feel a little annoyed.
In fact, regular updates are required on every iOS device to experience the latest features and better security.
But the truth is that in some cases, these updates might fail due to some reason or another.
But you don’t have to worry about the solutions mentioned in this article; you can overcome this issue effortlessly.
Importance of Updating Your Apple Watch
Before we read the solutions section, let’s learn something more about the importance of updates.
In other words, mentioned below are the reasons why you should update your device’s OS to the latest.
Besides, do you wonder how to pair your Apple Watch manually with your iPhone? If that’s the case, this article will explain the process in easy steps.
01. To Patch Potential Security Flaws
The main reason to update your existing OS to the newest is improved security. Usually, the latest updates come with solutions to address potential software vulnerabilities. If you don’t update the OS in a timely manner, you are likely to experience various issues.
Malware attacks can make your sensitive data accessible to harmful third parties. In addition to that, some malware can even encrypt important files in your device. As a result, they will become unusable.
Also, malware can spread to other contacts linked to your Apple Watch. So, it is mandatory to go for updates if you are concerned about security vulnerabilities.
02. To Experience New Features
Every update for your watchOS comes with new features. So, your Apple Watch might not be able to experience any of those new updates unless you update it. Mentioned below are the features you can experience better with every new watchOS update.
- Workout enhancements
- A complete Compass
- Explore new watch faces
- Crash detection
- Medication logging and reminders
- View your sleep stages
- Get your AFib History
- Track temperature changes
- Extend your charge with Low Power Mode
- A more accessible Apple Watch
- Create events in the Calendar
- Add details to reminders
- Type in more languages
- Do more on a managed Apple Watch
03. Protect Data
With every critical update for your watchOS, you will get more data protection strategies. With such updates, information like passwords, financial information, usernames, etc., will be perfectly protected.
04. Better Performance
You should note that updates are not limited to security aspects; they can relate to performance as well. So, with each patch, you will be able to expect better performance from your watchOS. So, those who intend to expect better performance should update their watchOS to the latest.
Other than that, there can be many other benefits associated with each new update for watchOS.
Also, here, we will figure out why my Apple Watch battery drains so fast and what measures you can take to improve the battery life of your Apple Watch.
8 Solutions to Fix the “Apple Watch Unable to Check for Update” Error
Solution 1: Reset the Respective Apple Watch
If your Apple Watch is unable to check for updates, you should give your Apple Watch a reset. In many cases, minor errors can be solved using a reset.
So, here’s how to reset your Apple Watch.
- As the first step, you should open the app called “Watch” on your iOS device.
- Then, you should tap on the option called “General.” After that, select “Reset.”
- Then, you should select the option called “Erase Apple Watch Content & Settings.” After that, tap “Erase All Content & Settings.”
Once this is done, your Apple Watch will reset with a fresh start and no errors.
Solution 2: Ensure That Your Watch Has a Connection to a Solid Wi-Fi Network
Problems with the network settings could possibly be causing this issue. For in-watch software updates, the Apple Watch must be in the range of a valid Wi-Fi network. Poor Wi-Fi connectivity prevents a successful download.
The first thing you need to do is launch Apple Watch and navigate to the preferences menu. Check the network connection status by selecting Wi-Fi from that menu. The Apple Watch’s inability to check for updates would then be fixed.
Solution 3: Have an Adequate Amount of Space in Your Apple Watch for the Update to Be Installed
Your Apple Watch might not be able to look for updates to watchOS if there’s insufficient storage space.
If you’re worried about storage capacity on your Apple Watch, you can delete some unnecessary files to make room.
- First, you should go to the option called “Settings.” Then, tap on the option called “General.”
- Then, tap on the option called “Usage.” This will display the space.
- Then, remove all the files you don’t want anymore. That will free up some space on your Apple Watch. This will give enough room for Apple Watch to install its watchOS.
- This will be a good solution to try if your Apple Watch is unable to check for updates.
Solution 4: Remove the Beta Version of WatchOS from the Device
Here’s another method if you are experiencing an “Apple Watch unable to check for update.”
Below are the steps you should follow to get it done:
- First, you should open the “Watch App” on an iPhone.
- Then, you should tap on the option called “My Watch.” Then, tap “General.”
- Then, you should select “Profile.” Then, select the beta profile that should be removed.
- After that, you should confirm the action simply by tapping on the button called “Remove Profile.” If prompted, you should enter the passcode as well.
This will remove the beta version of the OS installed, so the issue may be fixed.
Solution 5: Delete “Apple Watch” and Download It Again
Apart from the above solutions, you can try to delete “Apple Watch” and redownload it.
Mentioned below are the steps you can follow to get it done.
- Tap and hold on to the app called “Watch.”
- Select the option called “Rearrange Apps.” Then, tap the icon that appears as a minus sign. This will delete the Watch app.
- Tap “Delete.”
- Then, re-download your watch app and open “App Store.”
When the app is downloaded again, try to connect that app to the Watch. After that, see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 6: Pair Your Apple Watch with Another iPhone and Try to Update It
Let’s assume that your Apple Watch isn’t displaying the most recent software. In that case, you can fix the issue by connecting it with a different iPhone and installing the update. After that, you can try repairing it with the original phone.
This, however, is only a stopgap measure. And it might seem inconvenient and unnecessary to keep switching between the two methods.
Solution 7: Update the iPhone to Its Latest Version
One of the main reasons for your iPhone to experience this issue is to use older iOS versions.
So, you can go ahead and check if your iOS version is already outdated. Just go ahead and update the iPhone and see if the issue is resolved.
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow.
- Open “Settings” and then go to the option called “General.”
- Then, select the option called “Software Update.”
- You can install it with the help of the onscreen instructions.
Solution 8: Use ReiBoot to Update Your Apple Watch
What if none of the above solutions have worked for you? Should you give it up? Probably not; why don’t you give “Tenorshare ReiBoot” a try?
Tenorshare ReiBoot is an excellent tool that has the ability to fix pretty much any issue on your iPhone. It is absolutely easy to use this tool, even if you are a novice. It comes with a very impressive success rate as well.
Below are the steps to follow if you want to use this tool and update the Apple Watch.
- First, you should install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your PC. After that, you should connect your iOS device to the same PC.
- Then, click on the option called “Start.” Then, select the option called “Standard Repair.”
- You can then download the most recent firmware package. To do that, click “Download.”
- Select the option “Start Standard Repair.” Once the repair is completed, a reboot will take place.
That’s how simple it is.
In addition, are you experiencing the Apple Watch charging screen snake error and are annoyed with it? Don’t worry; here are easy and quick solutions for you to try.
Additional Tips to Ensure Successful Updates
To increase the chances of a successful update on your Apple Watch, consider the following tips:
- Maintain Sufficient Battery Level: Ensure that your Apple Watch has enough battery power before attempting to check for updates. It’s advisable to charge the device to at least 50% or keep it connected to a power source during the update process.
- Keep Apple Watch in Close Proximity to iPhone: When initiating an update, make sure your Apple Watch is in close proximity to your iPhone. Maintaining a strong Bluetooth connection between the devices will aid in a smooth update process.
- Contact Apple Support: If you have exhausted all troubleshooting options and are still unable to check for updates on your Apple Watch, it’s recommended to reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. Their experts can provide personalized solutions based on your specific situation.
- Q: Why is my Apple Watch unable to check for updates?
- A: There could be various reasons behind this issue, such as an unstable internet connection, insufficient storage space, software compatibility, or low battery level.
- Q: How can I check the software version on my Apple Watch?
- A: On your Apple Watch, go to “Settings” > “General” > “About” and scroll down to find the “Software Version” information.
- Q: Can I update my Apple Watch without an iPhone?
- A: No, the Apple Watch relies on a paired iPhone to download and install updates.
- Q: Do I need to keep my Apple Watch close to my iPhone during the update process?
- A: Yes, it is recommended to keep your Apple Watch in close proximity to your iPhone to ensure a strong Bluetooth connection during the update.
- Q: What should I do if none of the troubleshooting steps work?
- A: If you have exhausted all troubleshooting options, it’s best to contact Apple Support for personalized assistance tailored to your specific situation.
“Apple Watch unable to check for update” can be easily fixed with the solutions mentioned above.
If none of the standard solutions work, you can simply use Tenoreshare ReiBoot to overcome it.
With this impressive tool, you can easily fix various errors associated with your iPhone. This application is friendly to any user, so you don’t have to be an expert at all.