“how do I backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to OnePlus? Is there an easy way of doing it? I have not done it before and feeling a bit nervous. Can someone out there help me? Nel.”
The above paragraph may apply if you have bought a new OnePlus device and are planning a switch.
In that case, you will have to transfer all the essential data files to OnePlus from your iPhone. It’s a very common requirement when switching from an iPhone to an Android or vice versa. You always want your old data back in your new device for easy use.
Sometimes, you will have to pay special attention to some data than the others. For instance, you want your WhatsApp data to be transferred from the old device to the new one.
If you need to transfer data from an Android to Android or an iPhone to iPhone, that’s pretty straightforward. Devices within the same platform support convenient data transferring processes.
However, when you have to transfer data between devices of two different platforms, things can be difficult. That’s why questions like “how do I backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to OnePlus” are pretty common.
If you have the same question, you are reading the most appropriate article. This article explains how to transfer WhatsApp to Android using two easy methods. So, this can be a very handy guide for those who plan to migrate to Android from iPhones.
How Do I Backup WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Oneplus Through iCloud or iTunes?
Some individuals wonder if they can use the built-in tools of Apple to transfer data to an Android. However, the answer is straightforward: a “NO.” That means WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to transfer data between two different platforms, at least in an official method.
As per their official method, you can only transfer WhatsApp backup from one iPhone to another. That could be done through iCloud storage, which is provided by Apple as a built-in tool. Well, as you already know, the OnePlus is an Android-based smartphone.
Therefore, Android’s version of WhatsApp does not support the iCloud tool provided by Apple. Users cannot transfer WhatsApp data between different operating systems officially.
But that doesn’t mean that transferring data between two separate platforms is impossible. There are some other ways to do it. They are not official but safe and effective. The purpose of this article, as we mentioned before, is to introduce those methods.
How Do I Backup WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to OnePlus Directly?
There are two practical ways to get your precious WhatsApp data transferred successfully. One method is completely free but has some obvious limitations when transferring WhatsApp data.
The other method is a paid tool, but it doesn’t show any limitations in transferring data. For your convenience, we will explain both of those methods. You can go through both of those methods and choose the most appropriate option.
01. How to Transfer WhatsApp to OnePlus from iPhone using Email
The simplest and the free method is using an email to transfer your WhatsApp messages from an iPhone. However, you should note that this method comes with some limitations, although it comes for free.
Also, it is OK to consider it as a native feature to transfer WhatsApp data. If you intend to use this method, you don’t have to pay anything. Also, the best thing is that you don’t have to install any software.
To get it done, you should carefully go through the steps below and transfer your data.
- As the first step, you should launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Now, you should select the respective conversation that you want to transfer to the Android device.
- You should slide the selected conversation and tap on the top of it to proceed.
- Now, in the popup that appears, you should access the option “Contact Info.” Also, don’t forget to hit the “Export Chat” button, which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, you should see a prompt. In that, it will ask whether you want to attach media files in the respective conversation or not.
- After that, you should tap on the desired option that matches your requirement to proceed.
- Then, be sure to enter a valid email address. You will receive your WhatsApp conversation in this email. So, be careful to enter the correct email address to which you have access.
- That’s it. Now, WhatsApp will send the WhatsApp files to the given email address. Please note that you will get a zip file if you choose the media attached option. You will get a text file if you choose to go without media.
- Once you have received the email on your OnePlus device, open them. Voila! Your WhatsApp messages are sent to your OnePlus device.
Drawbacks of this Method
Some drawbacks are associated with this method, though. We intend to list them below for your reference. You can indeed create a backup through email for free.
However, there are a lot of limitations associated with this method. As long as you are OK with these limitations, you are good to go. Here are a couple of drawbacks you should take into account.
- Well, one of the most notable drawbacks is that it requires much manual work. To send all conversations via email, you should configure a lot. Also, the emails allow you to send data in a limited size. So, transferring a huge dataset can be a pretty confusing task for you.
- The backup file is sent to you as a text file. So, it can eventually end up causing readability issues.
- On top of that, you can’t restore the emailed WhatsApp data in your WhatsApp account.
02. The Easiest (Recommended) Method to Transfer WhatsApp Data – iCareFone Transfer
For those who want to experience a professional data transferring tool, iCareFone Transfer is there. This is a perfectly designed tool specifically for transferring WhatsApp data. This tool allows you to create a WhatsApp backup.
Then, you can restore and transfer those backups between iOS and Android devices with greater convenience. This particularly means you can create a backup and restore it to any other device later.
In that case, it doesn’t matter which platform it is. Moreover, you can transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android phone directly.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to OnePlus using iCareFone?
Now, you can go through the steps below and transfer WhatsApp messages using iCareFone for WhatsApp. We explain it step-by-step so our readers can understand it easily.
- First, you should download and install iCareFone for WhatsApp on your computer to begin the process.
- Now, you should connect both devices (OnePlus and iPhone) to the same computer.
- You must ensure that the iPhone is identified as the “Source” by iCareFone. On the other hand, your new OnePlus device should be identified as the “Destination” device. You should switch and change the settings accordingly if the settings are different.
- Now, you should hit the Transfer button. As a result, it’ll start the data transferring process. This process erases the previous WhatsApp data on the target device (if any).
- After the process, you can see all conversations with corresponding attachments. Your photos, videos, and other media will be available on your new OnePlus device.
So, that’s the answer to the question, “how do I backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to OnePlus.” Good luck!