Vcomp110.dll is an essential component included in MS Visual C++.
As a Windows user, you might have already encountered an error that says vcomp110.dll is missing.
This redistribution file can be linked with various errors.
Reasons for Vcomp110.dll to Be Missing
If you see a vcomp110.dll error on your computer when opening an application, there’s one main reason. Simply put, vcomp110.dll is not available where it should be. It can go missing due to several different reasons, however.
For instance, it can happen due to a malware attack or even a hardware issue. Anyway, it is important to know how to eliminate this error as a Windows user.
Mentioned below are the methods you can follow to fix this error.
Method 1: Reinstall the Redistributable Package for Visual C++
As the first method, you can try downloading the Redistributable package for Visual C++ Redistributable. Then, you can run the same and check if the error is gone.
With this sort of solution, you can restore the missing vcomp110.dll file. And in this case, you will be able to get the latest file. So, be smart enough to choose the correct version of Windows before downloading it.
If you don’t see any success with it, you will have to install the Redistributable differently. At this point, you should install it from the program’s installation folder. In some cases, the respective program’s DLL file will work more smoothly than Microsoft’s one.
So, in which folder should you look for the vcomp110.dll file? Well, the program (or even the game) should have experienced the error. So, just locate the file and replace the respective file.
Method 2: Perform a Reinstallation on the Faulty App
Many users say that they were able to fix the vcomp110.dll error with a reinstallation of the faulty app. That means you, too, can give it a try.
- First, you should right-click the Windows button, which brings the menu labeled “Start.” Then, click on the option called “Apps and Features.”
- In the second step, you should go to the right hand of the same window. Then, go down until you find the program that has experienced the vcomp110.dll error. And then, you should click on that program and choose “Uninstall.” That will uninstall the respective application along with the other information. Then, click on the option called “Uninstall.”
- Just wait a while so the program will be uninstalled from your PC. After that, you can reinstall the same program.
Method 3: Restore the Vcomp110.dll
Did you know that Vcomp110.dll can appear if it is deleted by any chance? If that’s the case with you, it is possible to restore the same. You can do it by reaching the recycle bin because deleted files are there in the recycle bin.
- First, you should perform double-click on the Recycle bin located on your desktop.
- Then, you should search for the Vcomp110.dll in it. If the file is deleted, it must be there already. Right-click on the icon and choose the option called “Restore.”
Important: But have you also deleted the file from the recycle bin? In that case, you will have to use a very powerful data recovery program to acquire it.
Method 4: Update Windows to Fix Vcomp-110.dll Missing Error
If there are updates available for your Windows system, it is always better to install them. Missing DLL files can often come in those updates. Anyway, installing the available updates is good for your system.
Mentioned below is what you can do.
- Open “Settings.” You can press the “Windows” + “I” keys together. Click on the option called “Update & Security.”
- Then, click on the “Update Status” to see available items under “Updates are available.” You can then download the updates and install them. However, in some cases, it is possible to install the most recent versions of updates under Windows Update.
Method 5: Check the Hard Drive as well as the RAM for Potential Errors
You should know that Vcomp110.dll errors can appear due to hardware errors as well. So, if the issue persists even after the above methods, check for hardware errors.
When it comes to hardware errors, they can appear due to faulty RAM or hard drives. So, you should check the hardware.
Please follow up below the simple guide to performing a hardware check. Mentioned below is how to do that.
Check Your RAM
- First, you should open the tool called “Windows Memory Diagnostic.” You can search for it by typing that tool’s name in the search box. Then, click on the best-matching icon.
- Then, you should see a different window and confirm your action. Once done, click on the option “Restart now and check for problems (recommended).”
- Then, you should see that your PC is restarted. When the PC reboots, you will see the Memory Diagnostics in a separate window. It displays the test process as well as the status.
- If you find something wrong with the memory, just replace it.
Check Your Hard Drive
You can use a professional tool like MiniTool Partition Wizard to check your hard drive. It is considered a superb option to keep your disk at an optimal level. It is an all-in-one tool.
You can use the same tool to wipe the disk, check the available disk space, copy the data, etc. More importantly, the same tool can even recover data. It also can convert file formats based on your requirement.
That said, below is how to use MiniTool Partition Wizard and check if your hard drive has any errors.
- First, you should download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard on the faulty computer. Then, run it to see the main interface. After that, you should perform a right-click on the faulty drive that should be tested. Then, you should choose the option called “Surface Test.”
- Now, just click the “Start Now.” After that, the program will perform the scan. The results will be displayed as blocks. If you notice any red-color boxes, you should repair them. The repairing process should be done with the following steps.
- Next, you should open Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Once the CMD window is open, you can enter the text “chkdsk f: /r.” Then, you should hit the “Enter” key. Please note that the letter “f” should be replaced by the actual drive letter that should be repaired.
Here’s How to Find the Errors in the File System
- Choose the target drive and click on the option “Check File System.”
- Now, you should select the option “Check & Fix Detected errors” and hit “Start.”
- Now, the program itself will fix the potential system errors.
Method 6: Scan the PC for Possible Malware Issues
Errors like vcomp110.dll can appear due to some malware-related issues as well. So, the best approach is to perform a malware scan on your PC to see if it works.
Method 7: Repair the System
Repairing your installation file is another useful solution to address this error. So, you should find the installation media before opting for this option.
- First, you should connect a USB flash drive to the faulty PC to start this process. Then, you should download the media creation tool on your PC by visiting Microsoft’s official website. You can use this link to download it.
- Now, it should open the file that is already downloaded. After that, you should click on the option called “Accept.”
- After that, you should follow the instructions displayed on the screen. Click “Create Installation Media for another PC” and choose “Next.” Then, go to “configure language, edition, and architecture.” After that, please click “Next” and select “ISO File.” Hit Next and choose USB. Hit Next again so the process will be completed.
- As the next step, the ISO file should be mounted.
- Now, you should perform a double-click on the setup.exe. That can be found in the drive that is loaded virtually.
- You can choose the option called “Download and install updates.” After that, choose “Next” and select “Accept.” After that, you can follow the instructions.
- As the final step, click on the option “Keep Windows Settings, personal files, and apps.” Hit “Next,” and you will notice Windows reboots several times. As a result, vcomp110.dll will be fixed.
Method 8: Reinstall Windows
The last method that can fix the vcomp110.dll error is reinstallation. You can try this method if none of the above solutions have worked.
This method will erase everything on your hard disk. So, it is compulsory to create a backup of the data before reinstallation.
The same tool (MiniTool Partition Wizard) we used to check for disk errors can be used for this purpose. That lets you create a backup with a couple of clicks.
Mentioned below is how to do that. Please note that a USB drive should be ready before creating a backup.
- Download MiniTool Partition Wizard on the PC and get it installed.
- Then, choose your system disk. Then, click on the option called Copy Disk. Select a target disk as well to copy the data. Click on Next to proceed.
- Choose the option called “Copy Options.” Then, change the partition as you like. Click on “Next.”
- Click on the option called “Finish.” After that, you can click “Apply” to proceed.
- Then, it is possible to reinstall your Windows OS.
Besides, regarding the msvbvm50.dll is missing, here are the top solutions for you.
So, those are the solutions you can try to fix the vcomp110.dll missing error on your PC. You can follow the information carefully and choose the best method for your situation. If you do have more doubts, you can go ahead and post a comment.
FAQ on Vcomp-110.dll error
What Are the Most Practical Ways to Fix the vcomp-110.dll error?
- Perform a reinstallation on the redistributable package of Visual C++.
- Reinstall the faulty app.
- Reinstall the latest version of Windows.
- Check if the hard drive and RAM are working properly.
- Check for malware infections.
- Repair your Windows installation.
- Clean install your Windows OS.
How to Fix the vcomp-110.dll error?
- Recover the DLL files using a file recovery application.
- Uninstall the faulty application and install it again.
- Update all the drivers.
- Scan the PC for malware.
- Restart your PC.
How Can You Restore a DLL File?
- Go to “Run” and enter the text CMD.
- Hit OK.
- Enter the command SFC /scannow and hit Enter.
- Wait for the scanning process to be completed and restart the PC.
Can I Delete the vcomp-110.dll file?
No. It is not recommended to delete vcomp110.dll because that might interfere with the function of the respective programs.
Is it safe to download DLL files from the internet?
Downloading DLL files from the internet can be risky due to potential security threats. It’s better to use the built-in Windows tools or software installations to replace missing DLLs.