Knowing the correct ways to activate Twitch on PS4 and other devices can be handy for any gaming enthusiast. So, if you are looking for a comprehensive guide, the following content will be your guide.
Twitch is a handy platform that you most likely use to catch game streams and other content. This is irrespective of whether you consider yourself a serious gamer or merely a fan. Twitch works as a streaming network that is available for free use.
However, it also offers a paid subscription that includes bonus games, special in-game material, and other perks. But, if you’re new to Twitch, you may have trouble installing and configuring the software on a PlayStation.
You can also learn how to give bits on Twitch and cancel Twitch Prime.
Twitch Works on Many Devices
As you may already know, the Twitch app works on many different devices apart from PlayStation. For instance, it works on iOS, and Android devices, Wii U, Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, Amazon Fire, etc.
Obviously, the instructions pertaining to Twitch will differ based on the platform, at least to a certain extent. However, the process is not that difficult as long as you follow the steps correctly.
Mentioned below are the devices on which you can use Twitch.
- Xbox 360, Xbox Series X, Series S, Xbox One, One S, One X
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
You can go through the following guides to install Twitch and configure an account on different devices.
01. Activate Twitch on PS4
In this section, let’s learn how to perform a Twitch activate PS4. These instructions are explained in a very simple manner, so even a novice will be able to understand them.
Please note that these instructions relate to PlayStation 3, 4, and 5.
- As the first step, you should go to PlayStation Store on your PS4 console. Then, you should perform a search for Twitch. You can then download Twitch and then proceed to installation. Please note that the process can differ based on the version of the console.
- Once the app is installed successfully, just open it. After that, you should tap the option called “Sign in.”
- Now, enter the credentials correctly to proceed. You should then visit the link “https://www.twitch.tv/activate” using a browser either on your computer or a mobile device.
- After visiting the site, you should provide the unique code received on the screen of your PlayStation. Then, you should tap the option called “OK.” Then, you can stream or watch the respective content on your console without any issues.
And that’s exactly how to perform Twitch activate PS4.
02. Activate Twitch on Your Roku Device
Here are the steps if you’re using a Roku device and want to perform a Twitch activation on it.
- As the first step, you should get your remote and hit its home button. That will open your device’s home screen.
- After that, you should access the option called “Search.” It is located on the left side. Then, you should enter the text “Twitch” using the virtual keyboard.
- Select the app named “Twitch” and press the option called “Add Channel.”
- Once the installation is done, you should hit “Go to Channel.”
- After that, you should select the “Log-In” option. When you log in, you will be able to see an authentication code on the screen.
- Now, you should go to the address https://www.twitch.tv/activate using a browser on your PC or a mobile device. Then, you should enter the previously mentioned authentication code. Once you have done that, you should tap the “OK” button so the Twitch account will be activated.
That’s how to perform Twitch activation on a Roku device.
03. Activate Twitch on Your iOS Device
Here’s how to perform a Twitch activation on your iOS device.
- First of all, you should go to the home screen of your iOS device and open the App Store.
- Then, you should see a search box; enter the text “Twitch” on that box and perform a search.
- After finding the correct app, you should tap on it. Then, you should wait so the downloading and installation to be completed.
- After the installation, you will be able to open your Twitch app.
- Then, you should log in providing the credentials.
- When you enter the credentials, you will be able to get a unique authentication code. Once this is sent to your email, you should see that the account is verified. That’s it; you can now use the Twitch app on your device.
04. Activate Twitch on an Android Device
If you are trying to activate Twitch on your Android device, you may follow the steps below.
- First, you should find the Play Store app on your device and open it.
- After opening Play Store, you should tap on the search bar to enter text. In this case, you should enter “Twitch” and search.
- Once the official Twitch app is displayed, you will have to tap it. Then, select the “Install” option so the app will be downloaded and installed.
- After the installation, you should launch the “Twitch” app and select “Log in.”
- Now, provide the credentials (username and password) correctly. You will receive a code in your email that should be used to verify the account. Now, you can use Twitch on your device without any trouble.
05. Activate Twitch on Your Xbox (360, One, Series S, and X)
If you wonder how to activate Twitch on an Xbox console, go ahead to learn the steps.
- First, you should go to your Microsoft Store. Then, download the Twitch app on the console and install it. The good news is that the steps are similar no matter what version of the console you are using.
- Now, you should install the Twitch app.
- Then, you should open the app and hit the option “Log-in.”
- Once the installation is completed, you should enter the credentials. Then, you should select Twitch.com’s activation page.
- Now, you will have to write down the code on your Xbox screen. After that, you should click on “Activate.”
- That’s basically it. Your Xbox console will be linked to the Twitch account. You can easily use Twitch on the account.
06. Activate Twitch on Chromecast
Here’s how to activate Twitch on a Chromecast device.
- Download the Twitch app from the iOS or Android app store if you don’t already have it. If you want to stream content from your smartphone to Chromecast, get them both linked to the same network. In this case, the same Wi-Fi network is preferred.
- Once you’ve launched the Twitch app, tap the “Cast” button at the top.
- When you do, tap it and choose your Chromecast from the available list of accessible devices.
- You are not required to activate ESPN content because the material is broadcast directly from your smartphone. However, you will need to be logged into your Twitch profile on that device.
07. Activate Twitch on Your Apple TV
If you intend to use Twitch on your Apple TV and wish to activate it, here are the steps.
- First, you should turn on the Apple TV, which is the obvious first step. Then, you should navigate to the home screen. After that, you should find the App Store from the options and select it to open.
- After reaching the App Store, you should go to the Search button to proceed. Once you have done that, you should look for the option “Twitch” on the app’s screen. Then, you should wait for the list of results.
- Just select your device’s “Twitch” app. After that, you should tap “Get” to start the installation.
- After the installation, you should log in. Then, you should wait so the sign-in process will be completed. Once you have done that, you can enjoy those dreams on Apple TV.
08. Activate the Twitch App on a Fire TV
Here’s how to use the Twitch app on your Fire TV.
- First, you should open the Fire TV and go to Play Store to proceed.
- Then, you should go to the search box and enter the text “Twitch.” After that, select the correct app and tap “Get” so the application will be installed.
- Once the download is completed, you can hit “Open,” so you will be able to open Twitch.
- Wait for a while so your Twitch app will be loaded. Then, you will see an option called “Sign-in.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
So, that’s how Twitch activates on different devices, including PS4. If your mobile device experiences some issues when installing the app or other malfunctions, use the ReiBoot Repair Tool. It can fix any of the errors associated with your phone’s OS.
Generally speaking, Twitch activating PS4 is a very simple process as long as you follow the correct steps.
All you need is to choose the steps depending on your device’s type. Be sure that your device has the latest OS all the time so you will experience minimal issues.
Once Twitch is installed properly, and Twitch activating is completed, you can start watching your favorite streams. Also, it allows you to stream your own gameplays for your audience.
Do you have other doubts related to the use of Twitch? Please let us know so we can attend to your queries at our earliest convenience.