Are you looking forward to opening a corrupted PST file? When you go through the solutions available on the internet, you will figure out that downloading scanpst.exe is a solution to consider.
You must not have it on your computer. That’s where this guide on learning how to download scanpst.exe on the computer can assist you with it.
Outlook stores a specific file, which is in the format of PST. This file contains email-related data. These PST files can get corrupted due to various reasons. In such a situation, it will not be possible for you to go ahead and access the emails.
However, you shouldn’t worry about anything because Outlook would provide you with the chance to go ahead and repair your PST files. To do that, you will require downloading scanpst.exe.
How to Proceed with the Scanpst.exe Download?
As the first thing, you will need to understand that there is no possibility of downloading scanpst.exe in the form of a standalone tool. Rather it will be an additional tool. The tool will be provided to you along with the Microsoft Office suite.
To get scanpst.exe, you must download and install the MS Office suite on your personal computer. Otherwise, you cannot gain access to scanpst.exe and start using it.
Where to Locate Scanpst.exe?
After you complete the installation of the Microsoft Office package on the computer, you will be able to proceed to the next stage and locate scanpst.exe.
This is not a difficult job to be done. You just need to look at the Folder where Outlook is installed. Then you will be able to locate scanpst.exe.
- To begin with, you must open Microsoft Outlook. Then you need to look for Task Manager. You can do this in the Windows Search Bar. After you locate the utility, you can simply open it.
- Now you need to navigate to the tab called “Processes.” This is where you can locate “Microsoft Outlook” from the list.
- You need to right-click “Microsoft Outlook” and open the file location.
- The folder will now provide you with a pop-up for Outlook Installation. Here, you will be able to locate scanpst.exe easily.
What Are the Drawbacks of Using Scanpst.exe?
At the time of using scanpst.exe, you need to be mindful of the drawbacks that come along with it, as well. Then you will be able to determine whether moving forward with the alternative to scanpst.exe download is the best solution available to consider or not.
If you are a person who has a Full Microsoft Office version, you will be able to locate scanpst.exe quickly within a short period.
Even with that, you will have to experience a few other drawbacks. You should never ignore these drawbacks when you are moving forward.
- You should first check and see if the corruption is too complicated. In such a situation,scanpst.exe will go ahead and wipe the entire file. This will lead you to a lot of hassle because you will miss a big chunk of data.
- Some of the PST files in your system are encrypted. The scanpst.exe tool is not in a position to go ahead and repair those encrypted files. Therefore, you need to be mindful of it before you move forward.
- You will not be able to repair the imported PST files with the help of scanpst.exe. If you are trying to repair them, you will either face an error or scanpst.exe will not deliver any positive results.
- You must also figure out that the scanpst.exe tool is not in a position to repair the PST files, which are over 2GB. You will only be able to repair the files that are under 2GB.
- People who want to access scanpst.exe must have downloaded Microsoft Office to access and use the tool.
As you can see, several drawbacks are linked to using scanpst.exe to repair your PST files. You will have to deal with them and proceed to the next stage, where you repair the files you have.
If you are restricted by one of those restrictions, you don’t need to worry about anything because there are certain alternative options available to consider. We will also provide you with information about one such alternative option. You can simply take a look at it and then move forward.
In most instances, the PST files are over 2GB. This can keep you away from repairing those files. Therefore, you need to take a look at the scanpst.exe alternative because there is no other option available to consider.