If you see the Logitech download assistant appearing on the computer screen time and again, there can be many reasons for it, like the associated drivers getting auto-installed and auto-updated.
The program emerging on the screen after system startups also gets very annoying as it uses the system resources.
This article aims to help you deal with LDA issues. Read on.
Know More About Logitech Products And Software
Many companies in the market have emerged that manufacture cutting-edge hardware for computer systems. Logitech is one of them, and they produce certain computer accessories that are best buys.
Be it a mouse, keyboards, headsets, or webcams; there are so many other products by Logitech that have managed to win the trust of millions of users worldwide.
The best thing is that many of these products are accompanied by software called the Logitech download assistant.
This software helps you to download whatever updates are launched for the concerned updates during the Windows startup. You can automatically update your hardware, like the mouse and keyboard.
PS: If your MacBook camera is not working, don’t worry; here are the top solutions.
The Reasons Behind the Logitech Download Assistant Popping up
We thoroughly and carefully studied the user reports and their experiences regarding the various repair strategies they adopted.
We found that many reasons are associated with the LDA window issue. Let us tell you the major ones.
- Notifications related to the new updates: As it turned out from a lot of cases, the issue can be a result of the situation where any new update might be launched for the Logitech device that you are using. All those users who were facing a similar grievance said that they were able to fix the issue by removing the file altogether from the system directory or just by disabling its startup option.
- Notification for software installation suggestions: Sometimes, you might also face the issue due to the LDA window popping up for giving suggestions regarding any optional or related software that needs to be downloaded for the Logitech package installed on the system.
Now we will talk about the possible ways you can try to fix the issue of LDA blocking the screen.
You need to know that disabling the application or even uninstalling it wouldn’t cause any problem or hinder the functioning of the Logitech devices that you are using. The application is a mere utility provider related to the updates.
Disable the Logitech Download Assistant from the Startup
It’s always good to start with simple solutions when you are going to troubleshoot any program.
We will follow the same approach and start by giving you the easiest method to help you eliminate the problem of the Logitech assistant opening up whenever the system starts.
The reason behind this issue is that sometimes the Startup option gets enabled without you having any knowledge of it.
The task manager has the startup tab that displays a list containing all the applications that have permission for self-startup on the PC that you are using.
If you find that the LDA program is there on the list, then you will have to proceed with disabling the program from starting up through the Task Manager itself.
You need to follow the steps given below to do that:
1. Press the keys Windows + R together to launch the Run dialogue box open. Now enter the command taskmgr in the popped-up box. Hit the button OK to open the Task Manager window finally.
2. Hit the Startup tab. Search for the program Logitech Download Assistant. Upon finding the option, hit a right-click over it and then click on the tab Disable.
3. Reboot the PC.
Now see if the LDA pop-up is still appearing on the screen or if it is gone.
Disable the Logitech Download Assistant from the Windows Settings
If the above method wasn’t the right solution for you, then the cause behind it might be a different one.
A lot of user reports suggested that they were able to get rid of the issue of LDA starting up by turning the notifications of the LDA application off. They did this by opening the Windows settings.
We suggest you check the Notifications & actions settings of Windows for the program LDA.
If you see that the application is turned on in the given list, you may turn the notifications off.
This will help you prevent Windows from showing the application to the user:
1. Press the keys Windows + I together to launch the computer’s Settings. You will see the option of the System and click over it.
2. Look at the left window pane, and you will see the option of Notifications & actions. Click on that option. Now navigate through the list and find the option of the LDA program.
3. If the toggle bar next to the Logitech option (if you find it in the list) is turned on, then slide the bar to turn it off. This will prevent the notifications related to the particular option from popping up.
4. Reboot the PC.
While the system starts now, see if the LDA again pops up. If it doesn’t, then the method worked for you. If it does, then move to the next step.
Also, if you didn’t happen to see the option present in the list of settings, then the reason was different, and you have to try another option.
Delete the File Named LogiLDA.dll from the Folder System32
This method will work for you if nothing else works. We will proceed with a method where we will delete the file LogiLDA.dll, which is present in the folder System32.
This will help prevent the Logitech download assistant from opening up after the Startup. The users who tried this method shared their experience and said that removing the file from the system made no big difference or even generated any issues with the main module of the Logitech program.
The only drawback associated with this solution is that once you delete the said file, all the products of Logitech will only get updated when you do the task manually.
Follow the given steps below to delete the file:
- Press the keys Windows + E to launch the window of File Explorer.
- You will need to find the file LogiLDA.dll in the following directory by entering the address – C:\Windows\System32.
- Upon finding the file, hit a right-click over it. Then click the option of Delete.
- Restart the PC.
In all probabilities, the Logitech download assistant window will stop popping up after your system starts.
Remove or Deactivate the Logitech Download Assistant
Follow the steps given below:
- Open the Start menu. Select the option of the Computer.
- Hit Manage, and this will lead you to the Device Manager.
- Under the HID or Human Interface Devices, find the entry of Logitech.
- Hit right-click over the option and click Properties.
- Open the tab Driver and then hit the button Uninstall. A prompt will come up that will ask you to decide if you want to remove the related drive files too.
- Tick the option for a yes. This will not let Windows reinstall the software ever again automatically.
- Go back to Device Manager and right-click over your computer’s name. Select the option Check for Hardware changes.
This will finally make Windows install the Windows default driver and remove the LDA altogether. You must know that you may have to perform this method separately for the various Logitech drivers.
Delete the Key of Logitech Download Assistant in the Registry
This is one very effective method to try, and the steps for doing it are-
1. Press the keys Windows + R to launch the Run box.
2. Enter the command regedit. Hit OK.
3. Now enter the following address into the Registry Editor Text box
4. Hit a right-click over the button of Logitech Download Assistant and then finally click Delete.
We hope that any of these solutions will definitely get you success in dealing with the Logitech Download Assistant that keeps emerging on the post-startup screen on the system.
Choose whatever works for you by deleting the drivers, stopping auto-update, or disabling the program altogether.