Suppose you cannot remember the password of an HP laptop user account. In that case, there is probably nothing you can do other than know how to bypass the password on an HP laptop and reset the password on an HP laptop without a disk and get access to the laptop once again.
There are various methods to do so, and you can even use some simple tricks that don’t require the HP password reset disk. Read on to learn about the methods.
PS: if you wonder how to fix broken computer issues, here are the top solutions.
How to Reset Password on HP Laptop Without Disk and With No Data Loss
Even for the users of Windows 7, the best tool that is going to get you to help with a locked HP PC is the software named PassFab 4WinKey.
If you have been totally confused about how to reset the password on an HP laptop without a disk or bypass the password on an HP laptop, then this software will bring you on the right track.
This professional tool helps with password recovery for Windows and unlocks HP laptops with almost any of the Windows versions within minutes.
How to Reset Password on HP Laptop Without Disk by PassFab 4WinKey Software
1. Install the software properly on any other accessible PC. Launch the tool and insert any Windows Password disk like a USB, DVD, or CD.
2. Hit the button Next and wait for the time being as the disk gets burned successfully.
3. Take out the prepared disk and insert it into the locked target HP PC. You need to restart the PC now. Simultaneously, hit the F9 button to activate the Boot menu on the PC.
4. Once the Boot mode is entered on the PC, use the arrow key to navigate and click on the name of the inserted disk. Hit the button Enter. Save the settings and then exit the Boot menu.
5. The interface of PassFab 4WinKey will now emerge on the screen, and you will have to select the active Windows system of your locked PC.
6. You will have to choose the process you want to carry out. In this case, you need to select the option of Reset Account Password for resetting the PC password.
7. Enter the new password that you decide on and then restart the PC. When the PC restarts this time, you can enter the changed password.
This entire process will not take more than ten minutes, and this is the simplest way you’ve got to reset the HP password.
By the way, here is the full PassFab 4WinKey review for your reference.
Perform Recovery of the HP System
This method is a great trick to answer how to reset the password on an HP laptop without a disk. However, the risk involved in the method is losing the stored data on the system.
This data also includes the settings related to the laptop password; when it gets removed along with the other data, you can access the laptop once again.
Let’s See the Method of Performing This Trick:
1. Shut down the laptop. Plug all the peripherals attached to it, like external drives and USBs. Leave the devices like the keyboard, mouse, and monitor connected, if any.
2. Hit the button Power and wait till the display lights up. As soon as you see the display screen, press the key F11 multiple times until the Options menu appears.
3. From the options listed, select Troubleshoot. Once in the folder, click on the option Recovery Manager. Lastly, select System Recovery.
4. Now click on the option of ‘Recovery without backing up your files.’ Then, hit on the button Next two times.
5. The formatting of the laptop will begin now. Wait until it gets completed, and the system installs the default software on its own.
Your laptop is back to the basics now, and you can make fresh settings on it. The password will also be removed, and you can set a new one.
Resetting Password Through a Different Admin Account
The administrator’s account facilitates complete access to the system and features of a PC for the user.
If you have made an administrator account, then you can do anything with the PC like installing any new software that is applicable to your user account as well as all the other user accounts at the same time, making changes to the settings of the system like restricting certain websites, removing or adding user accounts, and setting up the privileges available to the different user accounts.
Just like any other Windows laptop, you can know how to bypass the password on an HP laptop if you change the password of any user account on an HP laptop with the help of a different Administrator account.
You can have more than one administrator account on the HP laptops, and even if you can recall the access settings to one of them, then it can be possible for you to change the password of the locked account with the help of the Command Prompt.
The First Thing You Need to Do, in That Case, Is That Login into the Accessible Admin Account and then Follow the Steps Given Below:
1. Launch the system’s Start menu. Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search space and click on the relevant option. Make sure that you have entered another admin account on the device.
2. Once you are in the Control Panel folder, select User Accounts.
3. Click on the option of Manage another account.
4. You will be able to see all of the accounts registered on the Windows system of your laptop now. Select the option of the account that is locked and go ahead with changing its password. You only need to follow the instructions as they appear on the screen for the same.
Note: This method strictly depends upon the user having access to a different administrator account on the locked laptop. If that’s not the case, then this trick won’t work.
Thus, we recommend that you use third-party apps like PassFab 4WinKey that can unlock the laptop without any password in a jiffy, and you won’t need to access an administrator account at all.
Visit the Nearby HP Store for Help
If none of the above methods could help you unlock the laptop or the user account, the last option is to take the PC to a local HP store.
HP has a large number of customer assistance centers at almost every location, and we believe you will be able to find one close to your location.
There are many ways you can contact the store personnel; either you can take the laptop with you and visit the center in person, call the store and plan a visit after discussing the problem with any of the technicians there, or just drop an email to them regarding your inability to how to bypass password on HP laptop.
The local HP center will help you reset the lock user account and may do the job themselves. However, you will have to show them the proof of purchase and ownership of the laptop so that they get assured of any unauthorized access. You will also get to know about the consequences of password reset.
So if you don’t want to lose any data and get access to your laptop back again, then PassFab 4WinKey is the answer to how to reset the password on an HP laptop without a disk.
These programs are safe, quick, and easy to run. Do tell us your experience with them and if they were able to help you out.