Any smartphone user would be more than happy to know how to increase download speed in Chrome for Android.
Like any other app, you will surely want your Chrome browser to perform faster and smoother. The good news is that you can achieve optimal browser speed with a couple of steps.
There’re many reasons for the Chrome browser to perform slower than expected. Here, we intend to explain those aspects as well.
In that case, you can consider this article a comprehensive guide on using the Chrome browser.
How to Increase Download Speed in Chrome for Android?
Well, let’s get to the main point of this article; how to increase download speed in Chrome for Android?
There are several methods to achieve this result, and we will explain them one by one. You don’t have to try all those methods. Just try one way after the other until you achieve a significant speed boost.
PS: if you are facing Google Chrome being slow, let’s speed it up now.
01. Turn on the Lite Mode to Speed Up Chrome
It’s important to remember that when it comes to gauging browser performance, there are two key aspects to consider. Both hardware, as well as data speeds impact the browsing speed. In fact, it makes no difference if you have the quickest smartphone on the planet.
The browser performs at a speed depending on the data connection’s speed. Also, the performance of the browser will be able to extract the best speed of the existing connection. But what if there was a way to make the smartphone consume less data?
That is exactly what your Chrome browser’s Lite Mode for Android comes to play. In essence, putting this feature on will transmit data to Google’s servers. In there, it will be compressed and then optimized for use on smartphones.
Because, after all, it isn’t necessary to load such enormous photos. This is particularly true in order for them to be viewed on a little screen, is it? It will make your surfing a little quicker.
Apart from that, your Chrome browser for Android will run a little faster. Moreover, it also helps you save money on data by lowering your data use.
Turning on Lite Mode Using the Following Instructions
- First, you should launch the Chrome browser.
- After that, please click on the option that appears as a 3-dots.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Now, please scroll down to see the “Lite Mode” option to proceed.
- Toggle the settings option on.
02. Clear Cache Memory
A cache is truly a beneficial tool. It downloads surfing data & saves it on your computer’s hard drive. When there’s a load of a website, the browser pulls data from its cache rather than downloading it from scratch.
This saves time and makes the page load considerably quicker. When you have an excessive amount of cache data saved, the files might get fragmented and damaged.
As a result, the Chrome browser will perform slower. Please make sure to clear your browser’s cache on a regular basis simply to keep everything looking fresh.
It results in lengthier loading times immediately following the event, but things should start to look better shortly after.
How to Increase Download Speed in Chrome for Android by Clearing Cache on Chrome Browser:
- First, please open the Chrome browser.
- Then, at the top of the page, please tap on the option with 3-dots.
- Now, click History -> Clear browsing data.
- Then you can choose a time range or select All time to delete everything.
- And check the boxes of Cookies, site data, and Cached images and files.
- Finally, just click Clear data.
03. Preload the Page Through a Faster Browsing Experience
Google’s ability to forecast what you’re going to do can be a little too accurate at times. All of that computational wizardry can also aid in the speeding up of Chrome for Android.
Well, the mobile browser has the capability of preloading websites before you visit them. Z It makes the entire process much more efficient, but there is a drawback to this method.
The primary concern here is that doing so may result in a significant amount of data being wasted. If you are on a limited internet budget, this is not a good thing.
However, if there’s no issue with spending squandering gigabytes, you will probably like the increased speed as well.
How to Increase Download Speed in Chrome for Android by Activating Preloading Pages:
- Open Chrome web browser.
- Then, you should hit the 3-dotted menu icon located at the top of your screen.
- After that, you should go to the Settings option.
- Then, please tap on the Privacy & Security option.
- You should then look for the option that starts with Preload pages….. Then, toggle that option on.
04. Use Google Chrome’s Shortcuts on the Home Screen
Perhaps your browser might be running as fast as possible already. Because of that, the most logical option is to adjust to that speed and devise your own methods. Then, you can get to where you’d like to go as quickly as possible.
One method of accomplishing this is to create shortcuts to your most often visited websites on your home screen. Perhaps you are constantly checking your Android Authority.
So, why don’t you make it a permanent fixture on the home screen to proceed? Well, this saves the time and effort of manually entering the website’s address into the web browser.
- First, you should open the Chrome browser.
- After that, you should go to the site where you expect to have a shortcut.
- After that, should tap the 3-dotted icon, which is located at the top of your screen.
- Then, go to the Add to Home Screen option.
- You can now edit a title based on your preference.
- Select the Add option.
Try this solution if you wish to know how to increase download speed in Chrome for Android. For many individuals, that should work.
05. Update Chrome to Its Latest Version
If you still wonder how to increase download speed in Chrome for Android, here’s another method to try.
The next option is to update your Chrome browser to the latest version to function smoothly. In fact, outdated apps often tend to crash or function slowly, and Chrome is no exception.
Remember that Chrome is updated regularly. Their crew always works to improve efficiency, provide new features, and eliminate problems. Always ensure that your Google Chrome browser is updated with the latest version.
This will increase the likelihood of it running without hiccups. Just go to your Play Store and look for the Chrome browser to accomplish this. After that, double-check that it is up to current.
06. Use the Experimental Features of Chrome
Do you really like to dig into Chrome and see if it is possible to make it run faster? So, you should look at the browser’s flags section. In the URL field, enter “chrome:/flags” and you can be directed to the browser’s secret experiments page.
Our dedicated piece demonstrates how to accomplish this, as well as which Chrome flags are our personal favorites.
07. Close Unwanted, Obsolete Tabs to Boost the Speed of Chrome
It’s true that it can be tempting to become a bit tab-happy using Chrome on Android and vice versa. However, on the other hand, this might also negatively impact your overall experience.
In that case, you should be sure to dismiss all of the tabs that are not needed. Then, taking another step forward, clean out your browser’s cache so that it can run more efficiently.
Mentioned below is how to do that.
- First, you should open the Chrome browser on your device.
- Then, you should go to the icon that appears as a square icon. It is located on the top of the screen. That is next to the 3-dotted icon.
- After that, please click on the button that represents the “X” symbol. These icons are located on each tab. Close all those tabs so you can see an improvement in the speed.
- Q: Why is my download speed slow in Chrome for Android? A: Slow download speeds can be due to various factors, such as cache buildup, outdated Chrome version, or a weak internet connection.
- Q: How can I clear cache and cookies in Chrome for Android? A: Open Chrome, go to Settings > Privacy > Clear browsing data, and select “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and site data” before tapping “Clear.”
- Q: Can using a download manager really improve download speeds? A: Yes, a download manager optimizes the download process and can significantly enhance download speeds.
- Q: Should I limit downloads to Wi-Fi only? A: Limiting downloads to Wi-Fi can help conserve mobile data and ensure faster download speeds when connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Q: Are experimental flags safe to enable in Chrome? A: Experimental flags are features that are still being tested, so they may have some stability issues. Enable them at your own discretion.
As you are already aware, knowing how to increase download speed in Chrome for Android is handy. Many aspects can contribute to the slowness of your Chrome browser. It is always annoying to use a slow web browser.
However, the good news is that there are many ways to fix the speed issues on your browsers. One of the most common reasons for the Chrome browser to become sluggish is cache build-up. Also, an outdated browser might result in errors.
Apart from that, there are many reasons, and we have addressed them in our article. With the above content, you can speed up your Chrome browser once again and enjoy it.
If you still wonder how to increase download speed in Chrome for Android, you can consider updating your phone. Also, check if the internet connection is strong enough.
Also, check if your data plan has enough quota or signal strength. If none of that works, reset your device and see what sort of a difference it makes.