Do you want to know how to find a Twitter account by phone number? Then this is the right place for you. Read the article till the very end to know how you can achieve the same in a few easy steps.
Social media can be a little complicated for some people. Especially if you just arrived at this new platform. Even among the people who use Twitter daily to gain engagement and popularity, many haven’t learned it in one go.
There are so many complications that one may face if presented with a new interface. Speaking of such complications, many people have been struggling with a task on Twitter.
This is, finding people on Twitter using their phone numbers. We will include a complete guide on “how to find someone on Twitter by phone number.”
Is It Actually Possible to Find Someone Using Their Phone Number?
On Twitter, you can easily find someone by only using their phone number or email. But there is a catch. They should have enabled the Discoverability feature on their account.
It is very easy to turn on an account’s Discoverability; it is in the Privacy section of your Account’s settings.
Besides, if you wonder how to know your friends’ birthdates without asking them? Here, you will learn about how to find someone’s birthday in various ways!
Working on Twitter Phone Search
Before how to find a Twitter account by phone number, let’s see how the phone search feature works. You may have noticed that Twitter asks for a mobile number or email when you create an account.
This information is used by Twitter to help with the verification of your account. However, the info about your phone number and email address is also stored in your account for other uses.
That is, Twitter links your number and email with your account. This lets you easily connect with your friends and family who have your email or phone number.
This feature is very handy if you think, but you need to synchronize your contacts with your account to do so. Having your number and email linked to your profile also helps others to find you on Twitter.
Also, do you want to find someone on Tinder for free? Are you suspecting that your partner is on Tinder? Here are ways to search for someone on Tinder.
Twitter Phone Search – Brief Introduction
As we have mentioned earlier, the sync feature helps you to connect with the people you already know. If you want to find someone on Twitter, there is a great chance that they might already be in your Suggestions.
However, your privacy is something that you can have control over. Thus, Twitter lets you disable your Discoverability through settings and privacy. Vice versa, if you want people to find you on Twitter, you can turn Discoverability on.
This means others can find you on Twitter just by using your phone number or your email address.
In addition, if you want to learn how you could perform a Twitter hack, then you are at the right place. We have gathered methods to hack Twitter accounts here.
How to Find Twitter Account by Phone Number?
It is very simple to find someone by their phone number on Twitter. We have provided you with a simple step-by-step guide below :
- Launch the Twitter App. Make sure to log in to your account if you already haven’t.
- Tap on your “Profile,” then scroll down until you find the “Settings and Privacy” Option.
- Tap on the Privacy and safety option to enter that section.
- Look for the option saying “Discoverability and Contacts,” and click on it.
- After that, you will see an option that says “Sync Address Book Contacts.” You need to enable this option, which will sync your Twitter account to your Contacts.
- It is optional to enable the option saying, “Let others find you by your email address and phone number.” However, if you want to connect with your contacts on Twitter, you can choose to enable it.
However, it is important to note a certain point while trying the above procedure. That is, if you turn the sync off, then the contacts that have already synced will be removed. Thus make sure you note this point.
By the way, if you want to find social media by phone number, then here are the best ways to perform a social media search by phone number for you.
How to Find Someone’s Phone Number Using Twitter
After knowing How to find a Twitter account by phone number, another question may pop up in your head. That is where you can get someone’s number if you know them on Twitter.
We are here to help you. Here is the step-by-step guide to doing so:
- Launch the Twitter app and navigate to Settings and Privacy.
- Further, go to Privacy and Safety.
- After that, navigate to Discoverability and Contacts.
- In that section, find the option to “Manage Contacts.” You will have to confirm your password to proceed further. Make sure you enter the correct password.
- On this screen, there will be contacts that you have been connected with on Twitter.
- With their accounts, you will also be able to find their phone numbers.
Note: Only those who have turned on the “Let others discover you” feature will be available in this list.
How to Know Which Phone Number is Linked to My Account?
The guide on “How to find someone on Twitter by phone number?” won’t be of any help if you have the wrong number. You may be trying to connect with various people from your contact list actively.
In that case, you should also be aware of which number is linked to your account. If you don’t know which number is linked to your account, you can follow these steps to find that out.
- Open either your Twitter App on your phone, or visit Twitter.com on your desktop.
- Go to your Profile. Then navigate to Settings and Privacy.
- Find the option saying “Your Account” and click on it.
- The first option on the next screen will be “Account Information.” Click on it.
- On this page, your information will be displayed. You can check your details like Name, Username, Email address, and even your Phone number. The other stuff, like DOB, Gender, etc., will also be listed there. However, we need to focus on your number.
- If you Tap on your Phone number, you can check if it is right or not. If the Phone number is old and you now use a new one, then you can also Update the number.
This is how you can know which number of yours is tagged along with your Twitter account. This can be helpful in case people don’t have your number, which is linked to your Twitter account.
So you can change the number by Editing/Updating it. This way, your friends can find you on Twitter with no difficulty.
If you have followed the article throughout, then by now, you’d know that finding people on Twitter is quite easier than you thought. If you have a contact that you want to find on Twitter, just sync your contact list with Twitter.
That will do the thing. This way, you can effortlessly find your friends and family. You can even find your coworkers or colleagues on Twitter using this method. Thus the motive of connecting the world together is achieved with sync features. These new connections will also affect your reach and engagement positively.
Twitter has newly introduced the Smart Search Feature. This enhances the search experience by letting us search for trends easily. You can use the profiles, hashtags, even tweets, and Twitter bio to search.
It is a very handy feature that has really improved the user experience of many Twitter users. It’s true that technology can be a little complicated sometimes. But if you hold on to it for a bit longer, you will also get familiar with it.
Tell us your feedback on this article, “how to find Twitter account by phone number?“